320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Lets try to get this thread up to 1000 posts

Last posted Feb 22, 2010 at 11:42PM EST. Added Feb 08, 2010 at 05:19PM EST
91 posts from 21 users

Filler (media)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Filler.

This article's introduction section may not adequately summarize its contents. To comply with Wikipedia's lead section guidelines, please consider expanding the lead to provide an accessible overview of the article's key points. (June 2008)

In media, filler is material that is combined with material of greater relevance or quality to "fill out" a certain volume.
[edit]Early TV

In the early days of television, most output was live. The hours of broadcast were limited and so, for test purposes, a test card was commonly broadcast at other times. When a breakdown happened during a live broadcast, a standard recording would be used to fill-in. On the BBC, a film of a potter's wheel often used for this purpose, filmed at the Compton Potters' Arts Guild.[1] Similar short films, such as a kitten playing, were also used as interludes. Interludes or interstitials are such small items used to fill gaps in TV schedules. In the USA, these have their roots in the old Saturday afternoon horror movie host on independent stations.[2]
[edit]Music Albums

Albums of music were typically of a set size determined by the physical medium such as the vinyl record or CD. Artists might then have to pad out their material to the standard length by including filler tracks of lesser quality and this was normal for popular music in the 1960s.
Often times songs written by the artists or the producer of an album were included as filler and/or released on the b-side of singles to generate more royalties for the songwriter or artist.[citation needed]
Cover versions are often considered to be fillers though this judgement varies with the amount of creative interpretation and adaption of the original.[3]
[edit]References

^ Peter Black (1972), The Mirror in the Corner: People's Television, doi:10.1111/
^ Joanne Ostrow (July 3, 1996), Viewers have appetite for fillers with meat, Denver Post
^ George Plasketes (May 2005), "Re-flections on the Cover Age: A Collage of Continuous Coverage in Popular Music", Popular Music and Society 28 (2): 137–161, doi:10.1080/03007760500045204
Categories: Television terminology

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

Now this is a story
all about how my life
got twisted upside down
and id like to take a minute
just sit right there
ill tell you how i became the prince
of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia
born and raised
on the playground my momma said
most of my days
chilling out, maxing
and relaxing all cool
and all shooting some b-ball
outside of school
when a couple of guys
they were up to no good
started making trouble in our neighborhood
i got in one little fight and my mom got scared
she said your moving
in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

i whisted for a cab and when it came near
the license plate said fresh
and had dice in the mirror
if anything i could say that this cab was rare
but i thought nah, forget it
yo home to bel-air!

i-pulled- up tp a house about seven or eight
i yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later
looked at my kingdom i was finally there
to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air

poastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoastpoast

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!