Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,659 total conversations in 7,441 threads

+ New Thread

Game Theory: Is Matpat the biggest moron on THE ENTIRE PLANET?!?

Last posted Jul 06, 2016 at 07:50PM EDT. Added Jul 06, 2016 at 05:52AM EDT
11 posts from 11 users

Yes he is.

REMEMBER TO LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE AT LEAST LIKE 400% REAL THEORIES NEXT WEEK WE'LL MAKE 5000 MORE UNDERTALE AND FNAF THEORIES AND HOW NINTENDO IS EVIL THEY STRIKED MY VIDEOS GIVE ME MONEY I NEED TO PAY MY WIFE'S CHILD'S COLLEGE

Trigger warning: serious comment in riff-raff below.

One thing I'll give MatPat is he's managed to gain quite a lot of notoriety among people whom I do like watching. For example a lot of the people associated with Normal Boots and Hidden Block (in particular PeanutButterGamer, who even appeared on that show MatPat has on YouTube Red), but even more notably he's gotten sponsorships from big game companies (like Microsoft sponsored a Halo video he did) and has even conducted interviews and done collab videos with huge gaming figures (he interviewed Miyamoto leading up to the release of Star Fox Zero and amusingly during that interview Miyamoto himself further confirmed "no Fox and co aren't amputees;" and recently he did a collab video with none other than Reggie Fils-Aime where MatPat argued against the use of heavy motion controls in Skyward Sword, saying they were a detriment to the game, while Reggie argued in favor of them, saying it gave Skyward Sword a unique flavor you don't see in any other Zelda, including Breath of the Wild).

Last edited Jul 06, 2016 at 11:42AM EDT

Game Theory comes in two varieties: interesting analysis and silly headcanon. When Matpat analyses things based on fact (why the Wii U failed, addictive properties in mobile games), you actually learn something. When all he does is spout headcanon, it can be an interesting thought experiment, but it is also theory with no practical application. Mario is not a sociopath and Rosalina is not Luigi's daughter from a parallel universe. Why? Because Nintendo would never sign off on something like that. It kind of reminds me of when I was in grad school and they'd teach us twenty different interpretations of what Frankenstein's monster represents, most of them making no sense and serving only to make the critic feel smart.

Remember folks, it could have been a lot worse than it is. Matpat could have pasted Pope's head into Sans body and FNAF could have been the game he gave instead of Undertale.

Last edited Jul 06, 2016 at 04:39PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!