320,714 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

I dissected a pig fetus

Last posted Mar 03, 2011 at 12:09PM EST. Added Mar 02, 2011 at 10:08AM EST
31 posts from 21 users

Today was dissection day at school
At first i was all
"OHGODEWEWEWEWEWYUCKNONONONONO!!!"
But then i cut open the skull and saw the brains and for some reason i thought it was cool….
Until one of my lab partners started squeezing the specimen and the crap came out.
After seeing the small intestine, i am never eating ramen noodles again.

I recently dissected a squid. The guy at the marine center said it was sushi grade, and actually completely edible. I smiled and said, "Really?!" My wife scowled at me and said, "Don't even think about it." Darn, but ika is so expensive…

angrypwnzer wrote:

Today was dissection day at school
At first i was all
"OHGODEWEWEWEWEWYUCKNONONONONO!!!"
But then i cut open the skull and saw the brains and for some reason i thought it was cool….
Until one of my lab partners started squeezing the specimen and the crap came out.
After seeing the small intestine, i am never eating ramen noodles again.

But the most important question:

"Was it delicious?"

I've dissected a frog, a squid, and some other crap recently. I also dissected a lamb's heart in like 5th grade or something. When I was dissecting the frog, I was telling my lab partner how much I loved cutting things up and he talked about how my cutting the frog up gave him a boner. Awkward conversations FTW!

I've decided to share this story, not because it's about dissection, but because it's tangentially related to several posts in this thread.

Back when I was sixteen, I was eating at a seafood restaurant. I had this combo platter with various things including oysters. I was sitting there chowing down on these oysters and thinking how delicious they were, and when I speared my fork through the next oyster,…it flinched.

Yeah, oysters are not only served raw, but often still alive, and I actually knew this. Somehow I had assumed that they couldn't feel anything, who knows why. I put down my fork, turned to my dining companion and said, "Hey, guess what? I just realized I'm a vegetarian!" And indeed, I didn't eat meat for about a year afterward.

The New and Improved Karnella wrote:

How is that beating me?

Zombies trump the dead every time. Throw in the fact that its a zombie kitteh and I think that puts my post ahead.

Adam DeLand wrote:

They're not turds. They cough it up after it bunches together in their first stomach. That's 5th grade biology pal!

I remember that! I found this wicked awesome looking bird skull, and a rat's skull. Don't wanna know how the bird skull ended up in the owl, though…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!