Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,086 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Hitler? A good person? You can't be serious.

Last posted Jun 05, 2015 at 11:13PM EDT. Added May 09, 2015 at 01:38PM EDT
38 posts from 30 users

I just don't understand these people. Some say that Hitler was actually a good person. After he technically created the Nazi party and killed MILLIONS of Jews! Maybe because I'm young, but this is just mind-blowing! How in the world could someone describe him as a good person?

You also need to keep in mind that many of the people who say Hitler did nothing wrong on from /pol/ and say it satirically. As for the people who sincerely think Hitler was a good person, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As Twisty pointed out in his video, Hitler did a lot to help Germany recover from WWI and as a result people have a very valid reason for calling him a good person.

I know people have their own opinions, and as Twisty pointed out, he did help Germany recover. But he didn't have to kill so many people, did he? Just because you're a hero for someone doesn't mean you can kill someone else. At least, that's what I think.

Phoenix Wrong wrote:

I know people have their own opinions, and as Twisty pointed out, he did help Germany recover. But he didn't have to kill so many people, did he? Just because you're a hero for someone doesn't mean you can kill someone else. At least, that's what I think.

I sort of feel the same way regarding Hitler. As surprising these facts are that Hitler isn't this one-dimensional evil dictator pop culture would have us believe, killing all of those Jews is kinda unjustifiable.

When you think about it, he must've been a decent person upfront and in public; Everyone admired him so much for bringing Germany back on its economic feet again sure, but there has to be more to that for the people of his nation to actually accept his discriminative philosophy. Chalk it up to charisma for being a person people are willing to die and kill for.

Some idiots think the Holocaust never happened, or is greatly exaggerated

The amount of people I see who misunderstand this is incredible, the cornerstone of the holocaust denial theory is that the specific order to systemically execute prisoners was never given by Hitler and that those who died did so because of general illness and diseases.

It isn't a complete denial that Jews, Gyspies, Blacks and general sub-humans didn't die, it is a denial that that death toll was never meant to reach the amount that it did via purposeful means (deliberate execution)

Laika wrote:

The amount of people I see who misunderstand this is incredible, the cornerstone of the holocaust denial theory is that the specific order to systemically execute prisoners was never given by Hitler and that those who died did so because of general illness and diseases.

It isn't a complete denial that Jews, Gyspies, Blacks and general sub-humans didn't die, it is a denial that that death toll was never meant to reach the amount that it did via purposeful means (deliberate execution)

"general sub-humans"
…
…
…
You're… you're not fucking serious, are you?

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

>"you’re not fucking serious, are you?"

You ask if I think myself equal to, for example, the raping Asiatics and gypsies?

Sorry but I am capable of self-respect.

When people say he's good they mean as like a leader or a politician since he basically fixed Germany's economy from basically rubble. If they're saying he had good morals they're most likely saying that as a joke or they're just a psychopath who's opinion shouldn't bother you too much

And also Hitler is one of the most popular fascists who participated in ethnic cleansing and the like mainly because he conquered a lot of Europe but there have definitely been worse. Pol Pot, Mao, and Stalin all greatly exceed Hitler in death tolls alone. Hitler's probably just more famous because as I said he invaded other nations and killed foreign people unlike the others I listed who were content with wiping out their own people.

Laika wrote:

>"you’re not fucking serious, are you?"

You ask if I think myself equal to, for example, the raping Asiatics and gypsies?

Sorry but I am capable of self-respect.

Laika comfirmed literally nazi

Laika wrote:

>mrw i am an arab sub-human

@Laika

There is also the fact that the holocaust was the final solution to the ethnic problems in Germany. Many other ideas were suggested prior to outright murder, including the colonization of Madagascar and establishment of a Jewish state there. Most initial racist efforts in Germany were focused on encouraging "undesirables" to leave, then forcibly deporting them. The constant wars on every front that Hitler was getting Germany involved in meant that most non-lethal plans were bound for failure; once Russia and the USA were involved, ships meant for any port outside of Europe were likely to be sunk, meaning that the Jews were stuck in Hitler's Europe whether they wanted to leave or not.

Most top Nazi officials had nothing to do with the concentration camps. Why would they? Its not like everybody is trying to do everybody else's job in government. Even Himmler, one of the main guys in charge of the operation, was very squeamish about the murdering, and did not feel comfortable attending an execution of Jewish families. Goering claimed to be very shocked at the inhumane treatment of people in the camps, despite setting up the first of these camps and working alongside Himmler to plan out the final solution. Perhaps he thought that their deaths would be more comfortable.

I very much doubt that Hitler had much knowledge of the camps, nor do I believe he cared. Likely his orders went something like this: "Get the Jews and gays and such out of my country, do what must be done, I will take the blame for it." Because that is how authority and obedience works everywhere in the world. It is how atrocities that nobody would ever dream of committing become a reality. It is how ordinary people become mass murderers.

Disclaimer: I am not a Nazi nor do I condone their actions. I am a student of history and wanted to add a rational response to Laika's comments that wasn't 'lol downvote the nazi' or something like that.

The only good deed I can find for Adolf Hitler is the will that lead to the creation of VolksWagen cars. For the rest… Ugh, he'd better have stayed a modest painter than becoming a dictator. This guy is still a sensitive topic in our European countries.

heuueh wrote:

The only good deed I can find for Adolf Hitler is the will that lead to the creation of VolksWagen cars. For the rest… Ugh, he'd better have stayed a modest painter than becoming a dictator. This guy is still a sensitive topic in our European countries.

You gatta admit, he did make some decent paintings

Last edited May 09, 2015 at 03:54PM EDT

I've always said that Black and White do not exist in this world, It is all Gray and it's different shades. No person is 100% Evil of 100% Good, not even Hitler.

Another thing to remember is the majority of people who are sane justify to themselves their actions. People don't do things because they are evil, they do it to benefit themselves or others they care about. Hitler cared about the German people so he rebuilt the economy and cut back smoking. It's just that he also thought killing the Jews would help the German people. I wouldn't call Hitler a good person, he's definitely a very dark Gray, but even a dark Gray has White in it.

Syndic wrote:

@Laika

There is also the fact that the holocaust was the final solution to the ethnic problems in Germany. Many other ideas were suggested prior to outright murder, including the colonization of Madagascar and establishment of a Jewish state there. Most initial racist efforts in Germany were focused on encouraging "undesirables" to leave, then forcibly deporting them. The constant wars on every front that Hitler was getting Germany involved in meant that most non-lethal plans were bound for failure; once Russia and the USA were involved, ships meant for any port outside of Europe were likely to be sunk, meaning that the Jews were stuck in Hitler's Europe whether they wanted to leave or not.

Most top Nazi officials had nothing to do with the concentration camps. Why would they? Its not like everybody is trying to do everybody else's job in government. Even Himmler, one of the main guys in charge of the operation, was very squeamish about the murdering, and did not feel comfortable attending an execution of Jewish families. Goering claimed to be very shocked at the inhumane treatment of people in the camps, despite setting up the first of these camps and working alongside Himmler to plan out the final solution. Perhaps he thought that their deaths would be more comfortable.

I very much doubt that Hitler had much knowledge of the camps, nor do I believe he cared. Likely his orders went something like this: "Get the Jews and gays and such out of my country, do what must be done, I will take the blame for it." Because that is how authority and obedience works everywhere in the world. It is how atrocities that nobody would ever dream of committing become a reality. It is how ordinary people become mass murderers.

Disclaimer: I am not a Nazi nor do I condone their actions. I am a student of history and wanted to add a rational response to Laika's comments that wasn't 'lol downvote the nazi' or something like that.

The guy just used the phrase "sub-humans" unironically to refer to general ethnic populations. Even as someone who thinks "the line" is far away from where the standard politically correct attitude claims it to be, he still managed to fucking cross it.

On that note, keep blatant racism out of the thread, thanks. Laika thought that my warning about it was just an empty threat, and now he's suspended. I'm all for debate but keep it civil.

Hitler did do several good things for tech and aerospace science in general. He created the first jet plane, the first jet fighter, the first ejection seats, the first space rocket and the first jet bomber. In addition, most of them looked cool. I'm not a nazi, i just like planes.

Hitler did help take Germany out of the Great Depression and rampant hyperinflation that was sinking the Weimar Republic. He also gave the German people some of their pride and hope back after the Treaty of Versailles crushed it.

As others have said, it's not as though he wore his evilness on his sleeve. He was a really great orator and knew how to work PR to the fullest abilities. That's actually what was part of his downfall--he wanted good PR so bad, he ordered the Stalingrad attack for the propaganda boost taking "Stalin's city" would have instead of diverting those resources to the vastly more important Caucasus oil fields.

Crimeariver wrote:

You also need to keep in mind that many of the people who say Hitler did nothing wrong on from /pol/ and say it satirically. As for the people who sincerely think Hitler was a good person, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As Twisty pointed out in his video, Hitler did a lot to help Germany recover from WWI and as a result people have a very valid reason for calling him a good person.

By killing milllions of people.

I acknowledge Hitler did some good.

Yes he did lower unemployment, but this was taking away Jews and women from the unemployment statistics.

So a lot of his good was still done by using immoral methods. Do some of the ends justify those means?

RPG (TheRPGFan) wrote:

By killing milllions of people.

Uh, not really, it wasn't even hitler's idea of the concentration camps, all he wanted was jews gone. It was Himmlers idea for the concentration camps anyways.

No Original Names wrote:

Uh, not really, it wasn't even hitler's idea of the concentration camps, all he wanted was jews gone. It was Himmlers idea for the concentration camps anyways.

But the fact doesn't change that it was his exact intention to have an entire demographic kicked out of an entire country just for being that demographic and he used used his own power to carry that out.

This is still inexcusable discrimination on his part.

Even if he didn't think of the concentration camps himself; perhaps nobody else would have if he hadn't pressured his party to forcefully remove millions of people to begin with.

Were some of the top Nazi officials including Hitler himself disgusted by the Holocaust? Maybe. But what did they do to stop it?

For this reason I can still very much blame Hitler for the Holocaust.

Now I agree. Hitler wasn't a 100% pure comic book villain as we like to portray. He was a human being. He thought he was doing something good and intended to do some things good, such as his desire to improve the German economy. Not everything he did was heinous and in many cases was just ordinary national leadership. I don't think that's under dispute. But bringing the world VW Beetles is a very, very small compensation compared to the damage that can be solely laid at his feet.

Also all that rocket technology that Germany came up during the war wasn't exactly his idea either. Thank German scientists instead. The war effort spurred that technological progression but it probably would have happened eventually without him.

Hitler praise still has little justification as far as I'm concerned. Trying to unironically excuse him by pointing out the things he did that wasn't evil is a wonderful red herring argument. Even Ghengis Khan did some non-evil things in his life too despite steamrolling swaths of civilization, academic progress and environment so whoop de doo.

Neo-nazi's are just edgelords and modern day xenophobes.

Last edited May 11, 2015 at 10:45AM EDT

To be fair, Hitler did do some good things. He did help fix Germany's hyperinflation problem if I remember correctly. But is responsible for the deaths of millions so that doesn't matter.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

But the fact doesn't change that it was his exact intention to have an entire demographic kicked out of an entire country just for being that demographic and he used used his own power to carry that out.

This is still inexcusable discrimination on his part.

Even if he didn't think of the concentration camps himself; perhaps nobody else would have if he hadn't pressured his party to forcefully remove millions of people to begin with.

Were some of the top Nazi officials including Hitler himself disgusted by the Holocaust? Maybe. But what did they do to stop it?

For this reason I can still very much blame Hitler for the Holocaust.

Now I agree. Hitler wasn't a 100% pure comic book villain as we like to portray. He was a human being. He thought he was doing something good and intended to do some things good, such as his desire to improve the German economy. Not everything he did was heinous and in many cases was just ordinary national leadership. I don't think that's under dispute. But bringing the world VW Beetles is a very, very small compensation compared to the damage that can be solely laid at his feet.

Also all that rocket technology that Germany came up during the war wasn't exactly his idea either. Thank German scientists instead. The war effort spurred that technological progression but it probably would have happened eventually without him.

Hitler praise still has little justification as far as I'm concerned. Trying to unironically excuse him by pointing out the things he did that wasn't evil is a wonderful red herring argument. Even Ghengis Khan did some non-evil things in his life too despite steamrolling swaths of civilization, academic progress and environment so whoop de doo.

Neo-nazi's are just edgelords and modern day xenophobes.

I'm not justifying anything, the dude was a piece of shit, but the argument that "he killed millions of jews" is awful and doesn't justify hate. Hate him for what he has done, not what you think he did.

@NON

He didn't turn the gas release valves. But hes the reason the gas valves were turned.

He didn't pull the triggers on the rifles. But he's the reason the firing squads lined up and took aim.

He is 100% responsible for the actions of the military which carried out his orders remove millions of jews

He is 100% responsible for the outcome of all those people which he explicitly demanded to removal of, one way or another.

I don't think it's a bad argument at all. The carnage can be traced back to his actions and very likely wouldn't have occurred without his input. Furthermore, he had just as much power to prevent the holocaust as much as he had to the power to cause it. What did he do?

So yes. I hate him for what he did.

If your argument is that he is not the only one that should be held responsible for the holocaust then you would be making much more sense. He wasn't the only anti-semite in germany. Just the figurehead that had the power.

Last edited May 12, 2015 at 04:24AM EDT

Crimeariver wrote:

I agree that most are from /pol/, but not all of it is satire. A third of the board is natsoc, maybe another 5-10% your xenophobic "libertarians". There are a lot of users there who don't use words like "kike" and "chimp" ironically.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!