Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Reduction of Entry Spam

Last posted Nov 04, 2010 at 05:55PM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2010 at 04:33PM EDT
17 posts from 9 users

Whether they be trolls or noobs, we need to force the FAQ more upon new members. Rather then having to tell the members ourselves, maybe we can implement a message to appear after clicking "create entry" to appear the the top of the entry creation process, such as the link or the whole FAQ itself, to prevent actual noobs from spamming pages upon pages of 1 sentenced entries.

I dont see a difference what you tell them,beyond the terms of course, they still are gonna do it, and purposely because they like trolling.

Anyways nothing matters till its confirmed anyways.

Last edited Oct 27, 2010 at 05:25PM EDT

I think we should redirect all new registrations to the Sweatie Killer's wall in order for him to properly greet them.
If they survive the encounter, they can stay here and lurk moar.

I mean no Offense but KYM is a tad bit over the top when it comes to new members.

I mean I remember posting "The Game" in Binary on a smart joke thread, and a mod threaten ban me.

Last edited Oct 29, 2010 at 03:45AM EDT

The KYM 2.0 new entry page has a sidebar that provides some guidelines on creating a meme entry. It should help reduce the number of bad entries.

@Sweatie Killer:
We had a troll that posted in nothing but binary. Probably just brought up some bad memories, as it caused a lot of drama. Don't worry, you probably would just get a warning for stuff like that.

But I do agree that KYM is a bit too harsh on new members. People just need to relax and assume new people are neutral, rather than trolls. We don't want to send the message that KYM is unfriendly to new users, as that would discourage user contribution.

In the meantime, just let the entry mods do their job. That's what they're there for.

"Actually, after reading it again, I suggest that we make them read the FAQ directly after they register instead of linking it to the entry creation button."
I've been saying that for months.
But can you really force them to not skip over it?

If its not confirmed I dont see what the big deal is, no matter how much security we put up, they are gonna still do it, its just the way humanity is, get used to it.

To prevent them from just skipping over it, I suggest brand new members trying to create an entry must first take a written exam, over the FAQs to be e-mailed in, to prevent trolls.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!