Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

I've just realized something...

Last posted Apr 06, 2012 at 06:29AM EDT. Added Apr 05, 2012 at 06:11AM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

It's really easy to invisibly bump threads.

By that, I mean, you can have a thread where its last post was about 5 days ago, but you can bump it without people knowing who did by posting a comment and deleting it, no trace.

But, the mods might know, they might know everything…

Actually, just a few weeks ago, someone was doing that like crazy… Except, it wasn't a five day bumps… It was like 29 day bumps. Total dick move, but the mods locked em pretty quickly, so no harm was done.

That happened to me just now.

I posted in the 'do you think you can kill the user above you' thread. I decided to delete the post.

Invisible bump.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

I do that now and again, but it is useful when trying to get a good thread re active but don't want to double post. Coughmafiacough

I wish you wouldn't. If people aren't interested, then people aren't interested.

But yeah, the moderators know. On the whole, I don't really care. Going with that Patrick said, if it's a shameless invisibump, it just makes it a prime candidate for immediate locking.

I personally don't mind a on-topic bump of a 29 day old thread, as long as it's on topic. But bumping something just to keep it from being locked is unnecessary. It's just annoying to other users.

Chris wrote:

Bumps are always allowed if they are on topic of the thread and aren't invisibumps.

If they are off topic or invisibumps, chances are the thread will be locked right away by mods.

So you're saying, because you don't know who bumped it, it's a thread lockable offense.

Yep, that's fair. (No sarcasm)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!