Forums / Media / Video Games

38,626 total conversations in 2,701 threads

+ New Thread

Games what never going get a sequel

Last posted Apr 28, 2015 at 11:09AM EDT. Added Mar 29, 2015 at 04:40PM EDT
33 posts from 30 users

ok mention games never going get sequel and put the reason of the why never going get sequel
those are mine.
Hotel dusk:roon 215 and Last window: the secret of cape west
reason: the dev who made the game went to bankruptcy

Zone of The Enders 3 (or 'Enders Project' as it was officially tagged) was eventually cancelled at the last E3 I believe after a couple of years of radio silence on the game's progress. The game was set in an alternative timeline amongst ancient settings and civilizations, picture 30 foot tool mechs fighting and being worshipped in Ancient Egypt and you've hit the nail.

Needless to say I was distraught at hearing this shit, especially due to the fact that the game was cancelled because the HD remaster of the original Z.O.E games suffered from bad performance issues and, in turn, bad reviews and sales. I wish Hideo didn't take it to heart so much.

It had some dank concept art

Last edited Mar 29, 2015 at 04:55PM EDT

Half life 2 episode 2

Face it. Valve is slowly veering away from being a game developer to a hardware company and storefront. My expectations for half-life 3 actually being made is so low it's below dinosaur bones,

Last edited Mar 29, 2015 at 05:05PM EDT

Skies of Arcadia. SEGA teases us occasionally with the odd cameo by Vyse in games like Valkyria Chronicles or SEGA All-Stars Racing, but let's be honest here. They're far too comfy making Sonic games and subpar Total War spinoffs to try to return to sailing the seven skies.

In addition, pretty much any of their other Dreamcast hits that fell into oblivion. Shenmue got more lucky than most, if you think about it.

Epic Games is never going to make another game based off any of its classic DOS games. One Must Fall Battlegrounds tanked, Jazz Jackrabbit on GBA was utterly forgotten (and pretty bad from what little I played), Tyrian's available for free on GOG…it's not happening.

On the same page id/Bethesda will never make another Commander Keen game. There was one on Game Boy Color, though. Haven't tried it.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy was an awesome Zelda-style adventure game published by THQ. It ended on a cliffhanger, but even back then, it was clear it was getting forgotten. Now, with the death of THQ last year, I think it's safe to say, it will be forgotten like much of Egypt.

System Shock is kill. SHODAN shall never be seen again.

Chrono Trigger won't get a real sequel. Its shoes are too big to fill. I heard Chrono Cross had some bits that tried to tie in, but I never got very far.

The Mana series by Squenix is a relic. No more of that. Too bad.

God Hand must have had a handling accident with poison chihuahuas, because it'll never rise again.

After the disastrous Total Destruction, and the closing of Midway, I'd be very surprised if we ever saw another Rampage game, but it'd make a great budget title.

Eternal Darkness. The darkness is not coming. In fact, I'd say it's suffered the same fate as Mantorok: sealed for eternity.

Darkstalkers are dead. Thanks to Capcom holding it hostage with the re-re-re-re-re-release of Darkstalkers 3 on XBLA being the deciding factor of its fate. Needless to say, it tanked.

Finally, I'm starting to get very nervous for the future of both F-Zero and Metroid. F-Zero is semi-understandable. It's an incredibly hard racing series known mostly because of Captain Falcon, but Metroid is starting to make me sweat. One failed game and suddenly Nintendo's really quiet about them.

@MIMU

What did you expect for God Hand with its developer going under so soon after its release? The only Clover game that ever got a sequel was Okami, and that's only because of Okami's sizable cult fandom. Not to mention that things aren't looking good for an Okami 3, either.

@God Hand

I don't think it's going to see the light of day again considering how bad its sales is, let alone yeah, the fact that the devs were already packing up by the time the game released. Without the original director and with Capcom still holding the license to the title (no way is capcom going to take any risks at making a sequel of such a poorly rated game,) the future is bleak for Godhand.

Well, for me, it's quite obvious: Turok and Shadowman.

The first one's currently stuck in IP limbo, ever since the comic license that Dynamite had finished a month ago.
Shadowman has the same case, however, it may (a BIG may) be given a virtual treatment now it is under Valiant's control, but that seems unlikely. The new Valiant probably doesn't want to experience another situation like the one they lived under Acclaim's shelter during the bankruptcy incident in the early 2000's.

Laud "The Bear Jew" Piestrings wrote:

Someway, somehow, I want to see or somehow be involved in seeing this series get a good revival. But sadly, Microsoft's iron clench prevents it.

I don't think anyone at Rare now worked in those.

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

When you beat the final boss, the protagonist, Glitch, is seen paraded through Droid Town, surrounded by cheering Droids. The camera pans out, and you see Glitch being watched through a computer monitor by the antagonist, Dr. Exavolt. Exavolt says, "I'm not through with you yet, Glitch!" before doing his evil laugh and flying off into outer space.

This was an obvious indication for a sequel to Metal Arms, which never came. In fact, a sequel was in development at one point. However, Swingin' Ape studios, which developed the game, was bought out by Blizzard. The sequel was "put on hold" which, judging by Blizzard's standards, will never see the light of day.

Or rather, a game that won't get a decent sequel. I'm talking about Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I mean, most of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games released in the 2010s weren't great.
Has anyone knew Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D for the 3DS?
Roller Coaster Tycoon Mobile? It's a disgraceful mess that shows mobile game suffers from poor execution.

Last edited Apr 03, 2015 at 04:55AM EDT

stevoqwerty wrote:

Halo Wars, rip in piece Ensemble.

Actually they hinted at Halo Wars 2 back at the last E3 and in Halo 2 Anniversary as a game trailer at E3 had an out of place Halo Wars billboard in it and H2A had Propaganda billboards that were in some of the missions were shots taken from some of the cutscenes in Halo Wars. Not to mention that there was a job listing at Microsoft to create a Xbox exclusive sequel to a "beloved strategy game franchise". Halo Wars was one of the only good RTS games on Xbox.

Kirby Air Ride. Despite it's extreme simplicity as far as racing games go, it's one of the best gamecube games I've ever owned. Nintendo please!

Last edited Apr 09, 2015 at 06:34PM EDT

Okami and Okamiden. The first of which is my favorite game of all time… however it still stands as one of the biggest video game commercial flops of all time soooooo it probably will never see the light of day again despite a sequel that could take place on the celestial plain and would be perfect for Wii U… sigh

Last edited Apr 09, 2015 at 06:44PM EDT

This may sound kind of silly, but Hyrule Warriors. It ended up being one of my favorite games ever completely to my surprise and I've been playing it for months religiously since release day, no joke. I'm pretty sure Nintendo and Koei will both forget about the game in a year if they haven't already even though it did decent-ish sales wise. To be honest though even though I want a sequel I don't see what could even be done with one unless it was made decades down the line when Zelda has had many many more games to be represented. Also the Warriors series in general is plagued with making unnecessary sequels so it's probably better they let it die.

I would love to see Viewtiful Joe 3 happen with Capcom and Platinum Games so the Red Hot Trilogy could finally be finished. Until that day happens I guess I'll just settle with playing as Joe in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, as crossover fighting games may be the only time I'll ever see the characters.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!