Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,440 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Meme: Wasteland (Post-Memepocalyptic RPG)

Last posted Oct 01, 2014 at 10:40PM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2014 at 06:07PM EDT
72 posts from 13 users

Hey, I've been working on this idea for a while, so I'm finally gonna get it started, a KYM version of Wasteland. Basically, there will be 15 people, and they will face a series of challenges. The story revolves around KYM (no shit) after a great civil war that teared it apart.

Here is the character template

Username: (the name of your character)
Bio: (optional)
Weapon: (list below)
Appearance: (also optional)
Perks: (list below)

{font-size:3pt} Note: You can make up your own character or be another user, you don't have to be yourself unless you want to.

Now here is how the game works.

Traveling: When you're traveling, you choose to go east, west, north, or south. The roll of the dice decides what happens. Everyone must vote on where to go. The majority vote wins. The dice used for this is a D12.
Combat: Combat may intiate in dialogue or while traveling. Here is how it works.

Enemies: (Number of enemies)
Awareness: (Wheter they have detected you or not)
Weapons: (What weapons they are using)
Loot: (Shows anything of value they are carrying)
Range: (Explains what range they are at)

In combat, you post what action you will take, and when everyone posts their move, the turn will initiate. You can move or attack in one turn. The deadline for turns are 24 hours. After that, I will post the actions everyone took, and what happened depending on the roll.

Dialogue: Dialogue is used to communicate with NPCs. It is used to buy things from merchants, or avoid combat, or get directions. Dialogue can be directed towards one person, a group of people, or everyone. Here is how it works.

NPC: (What the NPC is saying)
Actions: (Things that you can do that don't involve talking)
Responses: (Things you can say to the NPC),

You then post what you want to do/say and then the NPC reacts. If a group of people are being talked to, they will have individual responses. If the whole group is being talked to, they must choose to do one thing, majority wins.

Well, that was a lot of writing, the deadline to join is Monday, at 12:30pm EST. Please, ask any questions if I left anything else. Here is the perks and weapons lists.

Weapons
Types of Guns
Pistols: Short range weapons that are very durable and reliable. Does the least damage out of all guns. Uses a D10
Rifles: Medium range, automatic weapons that shoot multiple bullets, but has the most chance of fucking up breaking. Uses a D12
Sniper Rifles: Longest range out of all weapons, has the highest chance of a critical hit, can't use at any range but long. Uses a D4
Ebin-rifle: A sporatic gun that has random effects. Use at own risk. Uses a D100

Types of Melee Weapons
Knives: Small, does most damage on criticals, least damage when hitting normally. Uses a D6
Swords: Highest durability out of all melee weapons, biggest melee weapon also, unable to score crits, but does highest damage. Uses a D20
Blunt Objects: Does multiple hits, breaks instantly after hitting, but the upside is anything can be used as a blunt object. Uses a D6
Fists: Unlimited durability, deals low damage, no chance of failing a hit. D4

Types of Meme Magic
Advice Animals: Depending on roll, it summons a meme creature that defends you. Uses a D8.
Hashtags: A vile type of dark meme magic. Deals the lowest damage out of all weapons, but can roll 15 times in one turn. Uses a D20
MLG: Rekt ur enemies wit dis ebin magik m8. This non-lethal magic causes debuffs enemies and buffs your m8s. Uses a D8.

Perks
Double Rolls: Doubles how many rolls you have with your weapon. If used with hashtags, hashtags damage is lowered.
The Spirit Of Don: Increases damage of hashtags and effectiveness of Advice Animals
Sharpshooter: Guns deal extra damage
Melee Expert: Melee Weapons deal extra damage
Maymage: Increases effectiveness of Meme Magic
Weeaboo: Switches the MLG buffs with new ones that revolve around weabooism.
Traveler: Gives you a bonus roll to traveling.
Oh Look a Piece Of Candy!: Find memebux randomly while traveling.
w+m1: Allows you to walk foward and shoot in one turn.
360 Noscope: Allows you to use Sniper Rifles at medium range, but hinders your chance at a crit.
Faggotry: Allows you to distract people with your faggotry in combat, and avoid combat all together if you try hard enough.
John is no kill: If your HP goes to 0, you have a chance to roll and return from death.

Last edited Sep 18, 2014 at 06:12PM EDT

Name:Original
Bio:Born In the underground bunkers of the wasteland, Original was extremely unsociable
and Cynical knowing the internet around him had been destroyed. One day the 4chan raiders attacked his bunker killing everyone around Original. The 4channers killed everyone except Original names as he resembled the cynicalness and unappreciative traits of their lost daughter Vivian (though really they were totally different personality wise) and with that Original decided to go out into the wasteland and explore it, carrying only his backpack full of weapons, a laptop, a bunsh of Nintendo games and consoles, and a 1 tb mp3 player with a whole bunch of Alternative Music and Weird Al Yankovich.
Weapon:Sword
Appearance: Long Haired White Loner, a lot like this guy:
Perk: Melee Expert

Last edited Sep 18, 2014 at 06:56PM EDT

Username: Crow
Bio: An mysterious magician who before the fall usually roam in the darker parts of KYM where eldrtich abominations, black magick, and ghosts of past mistakes are a common thing. Ironically being forcibly sent away to another dimension by a curse ended up sparing the magicians life from the apocalypse and once Crow returns find that the site is now a barren wasteland. Now Crow seeks to find a way to find a portal to an alternate reality in where KYM wasn't destroyed.
Appearance: See KYM Brawl (only this time instead of being female I'm just going to leave the gender here as a mystery)
Weapon:Advice Animals
Perks:The Spirit Of Don

Username: twisty
Bio: incredibly shy and anti-social guy who from a day to another became the smug sarcastic passive aggresive asshole who shitposts on riff raff all day
Weapon: MLG
Appearance:
Perks:John is no kill

Name: Doktor Coolgesicht
Bio: sole survivor of the doomed planet Troll-On, he landed in the farm fields of Germany where he was adopted by a kindly couple. When he reached manhood he set forth to defend lulz, keks, and the Reichland way.
Weapon: Blunt Objects
Appearance: Tall, swole (u jelly manlets?) with a bald head, stupid grin, and fabulous costume
Perks: Faggotry

Name: Pepsi Man
Bio: was created in a Pepsi Lab that transformed the perfect taste of Pepsi into the new age, until the experiment went Wrong and made the Pepsi Man™
Weapon:Dual Pepsi Can Katanas(Blunt Objects)
Appearance:

Perks: Melee Expert

Username: Honeytiger
Bio: Some crazy asshole who may or may not be a wizard (See second word of bio), transformed into a banana due to an accident involving interdimemensional travel. Also levitates at a level which is convenient yet not high enough to give much of an advantage.
Weapon: A probably really impractical chainsaw with katanas for teeth. Magically floats near me because bananas don't have hands. (Sword)
Appearance: A banana
Perks: Faggotry, as you could probably tell by the weapon description.

Last edited Sep 22, 2014 at 12:10AM EDT

Username: Mash-Bottress.
Bio: A robot made for mashing buttons, but not today. Awaken from her deep slumber by an unknown force, a voice from deep within calls her to continue her journey, despite never being on one in the first place. Her goal is to patch everything into place, or at least get off this hell-hole, whichever comes first.
Weapon: Fists.
Appearance: See KYM Brawl, only defined as female.
Perks: Double Rolls.

Okay, 9 people is enough, if anyone else joins, I'll just write them in as we go along.

A group of survivors from Know Your Meme sit in the ruins of the website. They have formed a pact to act as a team for the time being. They are in search of Original Content, great Keks, and many other things. They decide on 5 locations that might have what they're looking for

The Ruins – Being stripped of it's former name, it still stands the test of time, but at a cost. It is filled with reposts and fags, but rumors have surfaced that there are still survivors there, trying to restore the site to it's former glory.

The Promised Land – After a mass exodus from what is now the "Ruins" the Promised Land is rich and brimming with Keks and OC, but the road is dangerous and the civilians there are extremely territorial. Go there at your own risk.

Tumblr – A website held under tight guard by White Knights and SJWs. The only thing keeping the site from collapsing is the guardian's tenacity. It is in a dark age and a rebellion is coming soon. Their resources won't be there for too long.

9gag – A heap of misfits and exiles, it is filled with unfunny, bland content piling on gold. There is almost no chance of finding funny OC, but if you do find it, it's guaranteed to be gold. even though irl 9gag has no good shit

The Wasteland – A collection of unpopular sites, and the remains of KYM. The only remaining people there have gone insane and will protect their content by any means necessary.

Where will you go?

Last edited Sep 22, 2014 at 02:54PM EDT

Username: Shi Gai
Bio: There are Guys… and there are great guys. I'm neither.
Weapon: Buster Sword (Y'know the big ass one that Cloud uses in FF7… because can.)
Appearance: Have you ever played Mario 2?
Perk: John is no kill.

Username: Erwin Mastumoto
Bio: Tank expert and commander, former attendee of Oorai Academy
Weapon: C96 Mauser (Pistol)
Appearance:
Perks: Sharpshooter

I apologize for the super late entry with it being like 2 hours before deadline.

Also I vote we go to tumblr

The only people who haven't posted their vote is unusedusername, I can't make original names, twisty, and SHI GAI STRONG. If they don't post in an hour (unless someone changes their vote or someone joins), you're going to tumblr.

The Current Votes
Tumblr: 3 (TillsterRulz, Dr.Coolface, and Honeytiger)
The Ruins: 2 (CrowTheMagican and Alice Der Dämonentöter)
9gag: 1 (ButtonMasherBot)
The Promised Land: 0
The Wasteland: 0

RIP in pepperoni, Pizza ;-;7. He jumped on the deactivation bandwagon. He is no longer in the game.

Last edited Sep 23, 2014 at 04:49PM EDT

It's been two hours, and Tumblr still has most votes.

After a long debate, they come to an agreement to head to Tumblr. After a short trek, you find yourself at the doors of Tumblr. You knock, hoping someone will come. Nothing happens.

Options: [Wait, Leave, Yell something racist, Other]

James Blunt wrote:

i vote we yell the word faggot.

I second this notion. And anyone with the faggotry perk should distract whoever comes to answer so we can sneak inside

TillsterRulz wrote:

I second this notion. And anyone with the faggotry perk should distract whoever comes to answer so we can sneak inside

I have the faggotry perk, so I yell "HEY FAGGOTS!" at their doors and do a JoJo pose.

I should post how dice affect dialogue choices. I will be using a D6 for this.

If you roll:
1-2: Critical failure. You're fucked.
3-5: Normal roll. You didn't fuck anything up too bad.
5-6: Critical success. You did a good job.

Last edited Sep 23, 2014 at 08:42PM EDT

Okay, so 6 people have voted for baiting somebody, and Dr.Coolface said he was going to distract them with his faggotry.

Rolled: 2, Fail

A spectacle of yodeling, shouting "faggot", and other unpleasantries, gets someone's attention as the door slowly opens. An extremely large woman walks out, the earth shaking with each step she took. "FEE FI FO FUM" She shouted. "I SMELL THE BLOOD OF WHITE CIS SCUM". She then charges at the team full force. Suddenly, Dr.Coolgeischet yells "Hey Faggot!", and the beast turns to him, staring at him with rage. He starts posing, for some reason, causing her to run straight towards him. Dr.Coolgeischet is in danger. What do?

Dr.Coolface is now independent from the team. The team no longer needs his vote. He can make his own moves now.

Actions: [Engage in Combat, Yell Faggot Some More, Run Away, Do Nothing, Other]

Roarshack wrote:

Blunt Objects: Does multiple hits, breaks instantly after hitting, but the upside is
anything can be used as a blunt object. Uses a D6

>anything can be used as a blunt object

I beat the landwhale upside the head with her own anger.

Okay well that's six votes to enage in battle.

HP: 260
Enemies: One
Awareness: Detected
Weapons: Ham Fists
Loot: 150 memebux and a college degree in womynz studies
Range: Short Range

Some people have already put in some moves
Crow: Summon an advice animal. Rolled: 4.
Dr.Coolgeishct: Hit her with her own anger (somehow). Rolled: 5

Crow stands back and raise it's hand in the air while chanting strange words. Suddenly, the ground around him starts glowing, and then before him stands Advice Dog, a huge golden retriever with a shining rainbow that follows him wherever he goes. The creature runs at the huge womyn and bites her arm (deals 12 damage), she throws the dog off and tries to figure out where she threw it. While she isn't looking, Dr.Coolgeishct hits her upside the head with her own anger (somehow) 3 times (deals 35 damage), which seems to make her angrier.

Total Damage of Turn: 47
Enemy's Current Health: 213

Last edited Sep 27, 2014 at 09:51AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!