Forums / Discussion / General

233,133 total conversations in 7,795 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
TROLL KING FOR MODERATOR

Last posted Dec 11, 2011 at 12:42PM EST. Added Dec 08, 2011 at 07:43PM EST
92 posts from 32 users

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Whats next? RussianFedora is gonna run too?
It would be like Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini running for president…

I take it I'm Stalin?

Kalmo wrote:

I don't know if I have it or not, but I mostly think you don't want me to have it. Which I understand.

Don't get me wrong. I hate you. But you've done a deal for this site.

It's your personality that makes me fairly sure. You usually dismiss subjects or people you don't care for, which would cause problems.

Cale wrote:

Don't get me wrong. I hate you. But you've done a deal for this site.

It's your personality that makes me fairly sure. You usually dismiss subjects or people you don't care for, which would cause problems.

Yeah, I know. I need to work on that. But not all of mine are without reason. Troll King caused a lot of shitstorms when he first got here, Katie has always tried being the victim and causing problems, you weren't here for it but a mod caused a lot of problems with checking on the users,RF was TK's lackey and said I was causing problems for something TK started, Adam kind of got annoying about how only he gives information about himself (he's better now) and there are more. Everyone deserves a kick in the ass every once in a while. Including myself. Moargun's done that for me once. I guess my main problem is that I just care too much. I want to relax but it's difficult.

Also I may dislike you a lot at times but you aren't all bad. I do find you funny sometimes. Honestly.

Personally,

I think a Forum Mod is pretty damn hard to get.

Especially over an Entry Mod.

Think about it, how easy is it to post in forums compared to editing and researching memes?

I know researching memes is kinda hard for me because whenever I want to document something, someone beats me to it. (And I'm on the web a lot, It's just the Entry Mods here are fucking amazing).

Also, you have to compete with wayyy more people for a Forum Mod on this site.

Unless it is extreme favoritism towards a select user to select them for a mod.

The way things are now is that we have people that are on these forums alot, but a smaller number of those than who view entries. (Which is what this site is mostly for.)

What I am really trying to say (I guess) is that:
1.) I'm on these forums alot.
2.) Think I have good standing with the vast majority of users.
3.) Post a lot of OC and get good ratings.
4.) Don't cross lines and keep it SFW.
5.) Help out users in need, (unless they deserve a trolling).

But, there are a lot of users like me. We are just, I guess ideal forum members.
So how to differentiate ourselves from others is hard to decide.

Not to say that I wouldn't like to be a mod (in which I think I would be good);
but I'm not gonna try to sway anyone to my side or create threads about it or basically, be someone who I'm not.

Tl;Dr

Last edited Dec 09, 2011 at 11:04PM EST

That was beautiful, Alex.

But after my "there's no need for a forum mod" post and taking Troll King's advice (yeah, I know what I typed,) I wasn't really being serious. I'd hope no one else is.

But I do want to see that RussianFedora/rapturjesus/Troll King debate. KYM would either explode, or we'd somehow all be convinced to make all three of them Database Mods. Or it would make for some epic lulz.

Actually, If I had to pick someone for a new forum Mod, I would pick Verbose.

But then I think that together, him and Brucker would build and entire CONTINENT out of walls of thread.

Like so many words you would need at least a 1 TB external hard drive to contain.

..yes

Alex>_> wrote:

Actually, If I had to pick someone for a new forum Mod, I would pick Verbose.

But then I think that together, him and Brucker would build and entire CONTINENT out of walls of thread.

Like so many words you would need at least a 1 TB external hard drive to contain.

..yes

Oh, God, no.

One, my account is pretty old, but I've only just become active. I'm still a noob, more or less.

Two, I have trouble telling when a thread is fun and enjoyable to all…
or when something is going to turn into a flamewar…
or when something has no real purpose…
or if it even needs a real purpose…

Three, my contribution pie is pretty much all yellow. I only have three editorships, I've only uploaded maybe 50 images.

Four, I'd probably try to battle the other robot mods and take their powers so I could take on Dubs Wily

I could stand to contribute more. Maybe it would make more sense in a year's time if I'm still active. And hopefully a few more users get that responsibility before me.

tl;dr
I really do appreciate the comment.

Now, why isn't Troll King Database Mod yet? I want to see some hardcore, troll-based moderating action.

Would that break the first rule of the Forum?

@Verbose:
Actually, you as a forum mod is a pretty good suggestion, I think. The reason why has a lot to do with the whole mysterious process by which mods are created.

Every once in a while, we see one of these threads pop up in which somebody (often but not always a troll) suggests that he should be made a mod. A lot of people find it funny, give him their kramas, and then they are of course not made into a mod. Maybe I just missed it, but I don't recall there ever being an instance of a person getting to be a mod because they asked to be one.

When they made me a forum mod, I only had about seven editorships (and have less than double that presently) and the admins pretty much sprung it on me out of the blue. I don't know what they saw in me (and still don't, for that matter), but I've noticed your contributions to the forums have been courteous and thoughtful, and most people seem to like you. I don't know what criteria the admins look for, but in addition to all I've mentioned, it seems that if your "contribution pie is pretty much all yellow" that can only be a plus.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!