Forums / Discussion / General

234,947 total conversations in 7,813 threads

+ New Thread

KnowYourMeme cited in the Washington, DC Newseum

Last posted May 27, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT. Added May 21, 2012 at 04:57PM EDT
21 posts from 16 users

So I was recently in DC for a class trip and one of the stops was the Newseum, an amazing, interactive museum. One of the exhibits they had was a wall of those pseudo touch screens that you wave your hand in front of covered in topi cs from pop culture. One such topic was something along the lines of Internet Photoshops. Thss featured 9/11 guy and prominantly displayed the KYM page. I will upload pics once I develop my disposable camera film.

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

When was your class trip?
The Newseum is semi-new.

It was in 2006, but according to Wikipedia it was built in 1997 so it should've been there when I was there.

@ Thread title: I think this is the biggest news in KYM history.

We've been featured in a national capital. No, we've been featured in Washington, DC.

That's awesome.

Adam DeLand wrote:

It was in 2006, but according to Wikipedia it was built in 1997 so it should've been there when I was there.

According to wikipedia…

It opened at its first location in Rosslyn, Virginia, on April 18, 1997

In 2000, Freedom Forum decided to move the Newseum from its location in Arlington, Virginia, across the Potomac River to downtown Washington, D.C. The original Newseum was closed on 3 March 2002, to allow its staff to concentrate on building the new, larger museum. The new museum, built at a cost of $450 million, opened its doors to the public on April 11, 2008.

Last edited May 22, 2012 at 03:23PM EDT

Tomberry wrote:

Yeah. And real money this time. We are tired of having to sleep with Don for promotions.

It…. It's not like we like Don or anything. Baka!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!