Forums / Discussion / General

233,229 total conversations in 7,798 threads

+ New Thread

YouTube General 2: Rise From the Dead

Last posted Dec 11, 2013 at 07:37PM EST. Added Oct 31, 2013 at 10:17PM EDT
54 posts from 17 users

Baron O Beefdip wrote:

Just when I thought they couldn't make youtube more needlessly complicated, more unnecessarily stupid, more downright broken…they "updated" the comment section layout…

You know what is the worst part, you have check out your google + profile to see the notification comments.
God dammit Google!
Why you have to force all users to use that shit.

elmashojaldra wrote:

You know what is the worst part, you have check out your google + profile to see the notification comments.
God dammit Google!
Why you have to force all users to use that shit.

You know what's worse? They probably will do it just because they can to show how powerful they are. Even worse is that they can do even worse changes because they know you can't just abandon Youtube due to your favorite videos being there.

I have a suspicion that they want to get to compete with Facebook. Imagine the dangers of majority of social media being in hands of one company and what it could bring.

@xTSGx: Oh gawd. The tampons got me. This would be hilarious as a meme. Put the Titanic in there and shit. Or even better: A nokia!

@Youtube's New Comment System: They just want to see how far they can go before they screw youtube over so bad that no one uses it. lol. I don't think they get that no one wants to manage another social networking site when they already run a facebook and/or a twitter feed. Google+ offers no special advantages and is too complicated for the average internet user.

Anyone else enjoy Cyanide & Happiness' new skits?

Also, I just found this guy. He's mildly interesting. I think I could be friends with him if I actually met him. lol.

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 11:21AM EST

Tahrdan Ismeh Wu-Temporis wrote:

The removal of the character limit is possibly the only good part of this update.

Just because it can be hilarious.

I actually saw someone post the first 10 sections of Bible's Genesis for giggles.

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

I actually saw someone post the first 10 sections of Bible's Genesis for giggles.

Someone should do that, with the Lolcats version.

"Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem. Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz. At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz. An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin"

Source

Last edited Nov 07, 2013 at 09:33PM EST

Lone K. (Echoid) wrote:

Give me a moment, going to post a 10 page fan-fiction into a comments section.

In the mean time, this is reliant:

Also, this guy posted this one month ago. He was spot on. I love it!

Last edited Nov 08, 2013 at 12:58AM EST

@Spiders on Drugs
Wow. I haven't seen that one in a long time. Such g(old).

@Sims 3
Jesus F***ing! My sides! At first I was like "wut?" but then I couldn't breath.

Edit: I was going to post some cheap music, but instead have this technolust. Beware of flash drives with ducks on them.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 05:07AM EST

Quick throw a bolt at it!

MFW people can't even find enough Youtube videos to bump this thread. Also this should be in JFF.

Last edited Nov 10, 2013 at 11:34PM EST

Dat electrical fireball. As a EE major I had to google what was happening here and thank god for reddit. Quite the event. I don't think I've seen a Jacobs Ladder other than in this form:

Also here's another example at a higher voltage.

And moving this to @JFF: I wasn't sure if it should be JFF or General. I mean on the one hand it's just fun videos, on the other they are "interesting, hot finds" and it was also meant to be for news like what happened to the comments, but then this thread and this thread happened. Guess Youtube is the exception to the "Avoid duplicate topics" rule.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Dat electrical fireball. As a EE major I had to google what was happening here and thank god for reddit. Quite the event. I don't think I've seen a Jacobs Ladder other than in this form:

Also here's another example at a higher voltage.

And moving this to @JFF: I wasn't sure if it should be JFF or General. I mean on the one hand it's just fun videos, on the other they are "interesting, hot finds" and it was also meant to be for news like what happened to the comments, but then this thread and this thread happened. Guess Youtube is the exception to the "Avoid duplicate topics" rule.

True, I am too stringent; bad case of the OCDs.

This is relevant:

Although it appears as though some videos have escaped the whole transition such as this one which has the top comments section. It looks like youtube may be reverting back to some old stuff at last. Notice the likes are blue instead of red now.

You see that new Bob thing popping up so suddenly and worthlessly? The one with the tank? I can't find any comments in the video it is spammed in.

No, I can't see MY comment from like a day ago because of it. This new Bob trend is making me want to shoot myself. I hate something so worthless and annoying that I want to die. I hate it more than the new comment system. Heck, I can even say that it is worse than the whole Google+ change because of how people just spam because they want to change the comment system back, using that atrocious character.

When was the last time I saw Bob? 2010 the latest. I loved seeing it before because it was rare, but I can't say that because I am so disgruntled to the fact that I can't find good ascii or funny things with the endless comments.

I would want to end the new comment system just to stop that bullshit trend. I really dislike it because it is irrelevant to videos, the endless comments and overall everything not having to do with Google+.

AH! YouTube is down!

Edit: And about 50% of embedded are down as well. The rest work.

Edit Edit: Well that took about half an hour…something feels different though.

Oh and look! New ERoH!↑↑↑

Last edited Nov 18, 2013 at 05:59PM EST

Baron O Beefdip wrote:

Just when I thought they couldn't make youtube more needlessly complicated, more unnecessarily stupid, more downright broken…they "updated" the comment section layout…

This, they keep doing very unnecessary things to YouTube, and I wish that they'd stop, but I don't think they will.

Sorry Google, even though I commented loads upon loads, I will not get a Google+ account just to post a comment on YouTube.

The Cute Master :3 wrote:

Just ran across this video from Halloween '11 of this girl (probably stripper) twerking to Beethoven. They called it "BUTTHOVEN'S 5TH SYMPHONY." Quite clASSy if I do say so myself.

I'm waiting for a queef version to emerge.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!