Forums / Discussion / General

233,054 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

The Obligatory: The Elder Scrolls Online Thread (NSFW due to possible King of Rape content)

Last posted Mar 29, 2014 at 01:57AM EDT. Added Mar 28, 2014 at 10:24AM EDT
9 posts from 8 users

Holy fuck, why is everybody fucking naked!

Anyway, i'm surprised we don't have a thread yet. Tumblr is getting crazily excited about this game though.

To be very honest, I'm not as excited for Online as I was for Skyrim.

I think the concept is ok, huge amounts of people playing an Elder Scrolls! But the graphics look a little cartoony and exaggerated, more like a step back from Skyrim, and also reuses textures like the giants.

And the storyline conflicts with traditional TES lore. Dunmer enslaved the Argonians! Bretons and Redguards fought the orcs for years! Don't the Khajiit and Bosmer have a feud? We can't just expect that the battle for the throne will unite these bitter enemies! That's very unorthodox and farstretched. And don't you think that from a thousand years before Skyrim, some one would have mentioned this huge war? They just created a entirely new concept! Or did Molag Bal erase everyone's minds? Anyone want to play as an Imperial? Got to have the exlusive Imperial Edition.

Nevertheless, the game has good concepts and would probably be fun to play with your friends. I'd choose the Daggerfall Covenant.

Thoughts, opnions? Agree or disagree?

Last edited Mar 28, 2014 at 07:04PM EDT

General Grievous wrote:

Holy fuck, why is everybody fucking naked!

Anyway, i'm surprised we don't have a thread yet. Tumblr is getting crazily excited about this game though.

Gary wrote:

I think the concept is ok, huge amounts of people playing an Elder Scrolls! But the graphics look a little cartoony and exaggerated, more like a step back from Skyrim, and also reuses textures like the giants.

And the storyline conflicts with traditional TES lore. Dunmer enslaved the Argonians! Bretons and Redguards fought the orcs for years! Don't the Khajiit and Bosmer have a feud? We can't just expect that the battle for the throne will unite these bitter enemies! That's very unorthodox and farstretched. And don't you think that from a thousand years before Skyrim, some one would have mentioned this huge war? They just created a entirely new concept! Or did Molag Bal erase everyone's minds? Anyone want to play as an Imperial? Got to have the exlusive Imperial Edition.

Nevertheless, the game has good concepts and would probably be fun to play with your friends. I'd choose the Daggerfall Covenant.

I have to agree on the first point: The extra-Fantasy look they're injecting has me with a bad taste. Personally, I found a lot of the things in Skyrim to bug me plenty (shields with one strap or handle, comically oversized weapons, etc.), and this isn't really helping me out.

The Second Point I lean with to a degree, but after Skyrim (AKA, "We-Changed-Our-Minds-It-Was-All-Dragons-The-Whole-Time"), I'm willing to let it slide some.
Besides, relations between Orcs and their neighbors always slide back and forth drastically, and this does take place before the Argonian Slave-Trade kicked into "That's Racist" gear.

Gary wrote:

>But graphics are bad and shit
This is an MMO, don't expect this game to have ridiculously high-end graphics.

>le storyline doesn't go to teh lore!!!
As far as I heard, the Dunmer gave up their Argonian slaves because of the alliance treaty(The Tribunal thinks Molag Bal is a real threat and they're divine powers are waning because of Dagoth Ur), but they've kept their Khajiit slaves for obvious reasons.
You're right about the Orcs and Bretons having an alliance, I just hope it's explained in the game.
As for the Bosmer and Khajiit joining the First Aldmeri Dominion, both parties are having trouble of their own and in need of allies. Queen Ayrenn helped them on their troubles and agreed to form the First Aldmeri Dominion.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!