Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured Locked Locked
Mod AMA Series - 3kole5

Last posted May 11, 2017 at 06:33PM EDT. Added May 07, 2017 at 11:12AM EDT
33 posts from 21 users

Why do you like to do interviews as much as you do? I haven't seen the urge with other people. It's pretty distinctive

What kind of video games do you like?

How did you find KYM?

@RandomMan: I ate them with a side of Caesar salad and seasoned steak. They actually tasted pretty good, though the 2kole4 was slightly charred.

@Rivers: I guess it's because I just have a considerable number of connections, or some are easier to get in contact with. For example I have FrankJavCee added on my personal Facebook, I managed to get in contact with Botmin of ShitpostBot 5000 on Twitter, along with Thomas Astruc, among other things.

I guess it kinda depends honestly. One time I might be playing a platformer, the next you'll find me playing a first person shooter, and the next you'll find me playing some no-name flash game on the internet. Originally my favorite type of game would be "Anything my laptop can run at a reasonable pace" as all I had was a simple Samsung laptop, but now that I have this rig, I think I'll be able to run much more than games that can push my laptop to overheating.

I can't exactly remember how I found this site to begin with. I think I was into rage comics in the mid-late 2000s after being introduced to it by a friend, and I guess I wanted to see what other rage comic faces there were. The site must've stayed in the back of my mind, but either way I guess I came to this site every now and then to see what other mid-late 2000s memes there were, along with some old but gold memes.

@TheMagicPyro: Mmm, tough choice, but at the moment, I'd have to say Noisia. These guys have some of the best sound design in drum and bass so far. I'd definitely recommend checking out their releases on their Vision Recordings label and their other labels Division and Invisible. Division for anything other than drum and bass, and Invisible for more experimental sounds.

Last edited May 07, 2017 at 12:02PM EDT

Which game involving electronic music would you like to see turned into an ironic absurdist meme?

Why did you want to become a mod?

What is your favourite modern western cartoon (e.g. anything released past 2009)?

Would you like to be a moderator on the /r/knowyourmeme subreddit?

What does "kole" mean and why are there 3 or 5 of them?

Top entry writing tips? What's the best way to search for a meme's origin? It's something I would like to improve upon in my own entries.

@NeonWabbit: Kinda hard to say since there's not that much in that category, but I guess Audiosurf.

To be honest I had no idea I was going to be mod. In fact, I thought my previous baiting was going to be held against me if I was ever chosen to be mod.

Well I do like Miraculous Ladybug, (imeanitwasmyfirstentrysubject) but I have been on a Voltron Legendary Defender kick as of late.

Yeah sure why not.

Well to be honest they mean nothing. I said this before, but this username I have was originally my Minecraft username when I first made it in like early 2011. The only reason it stuck was because I just want to have one name for everything.

@Eglamore: Well a few tips from me personally would be find statistics, remember your sourcing, and never be afraid to ask for help. Statistics can help with entries like subcultures and people, such as how many Facebook likes or Twitter followers something has, sourcing is always a must, and if you don't know something, someone else might know, which could be extremely valuable for your entry.

The best way to search for a meme's origin? Well I might not be that good with meme category entries, but I think /r/OutOfTheLoop would be a good start to find an origin, since they can sum up what a thing is and where it came from most of the time.

Do you use headphones? If so, what kind and what do you recommend?

And what do you think, from your position as a moderator, can the average user do to improve the site or general atmosphere of the community? In other words, what are some qualities, traits, and behaviors you think people should follow? Thank you~

Suh Dude!

What are your thoughts on M iserable O bsolete N oises S ent T hrough E very R ecord C rafting A nnoying T racks?

Favorite genre of Electronic music/musician?

Favorite/Least favorite may may?

Anyone on this site you would consider for modship, if you had the power or interest of course?

Last edited May 07, 2017 at 01:23PM EDT

@Xin: Yes I do, and it's a Steelseries Siberia X3 headset. I don't think I'd be one to give recommendations though.

I think what a user can do to improve the community is just be less toxic. If the community is less toxic, we can be more welcoming to new members. It's ok to be negative and dislike, but it's another thing to completely throw insults at someone, degrade them, and just turn them off to this site.

@NekoThePony: Anything from Special Meme Fresh. Absurdist memes at its finest.

@C_Mill24: suh dude

Good tracks most of the time, but mixed-to-negative thoughts on the community. And the sub's CSS is seriously outdated as hell.

Fav genre? Definitely on a bit of a neuro kick at the moment. Already answered the other half so no point repeating myself.

Least favourite meme would have to be the "I Identify as x". Not because it's offensive but because it's been so wrought out there's little to no comedic flair left in it. Already answered fav meme so gonna leave that out.

Well I can't say for certain. That's a secret between me and anyone else on the mod team.

@Samekichi Kiseki: depends on what day it is

@Cold Hard Crash: While I do love baiting Nintendo fans, I do like them. Some of my firsts came from them. First handheld and first console come to mind. And I really do wish them the best in their business endeavours. That being said some parts of the Nintendo community can be…dense to say the least. And when they're dense, they can be really fucking dense.

Last edited May 07, 2017 at 02:23PM EDT

@TripleA9000: Hmm, that's kind of a hard one. I guess if I had to choose, it'd be between 2 different sections: The people who want change on the site but don't really do anything to facilitate said change and the somewhat alarming presence of questionable users that we're unable to warn because according to the rules we can't technically warn them, not until they do something big.

@Dickman: Favourite would have to be N++, because it's a really underrated platformer in my opinion, and least favourite, ehh it's kinda hard because most of the time I just avoid bad games through reviews, but I guess if I had a game that I didn't exactly have the best experience with, I guess Watch Dogs 2. Don't get me wrong I loved playing the game, but there were moments where the game froze to load in parts of the city and I don't know if that's constant for every version of the game, but it kinda disrupted the flow of the game while driving.

@Twist: Well I guess it's because it's something that's stuck with me before it was ever a show to begin with. I remember coming across the original anime PV and started tracking the show on Tumblr just to see what developments would come of it. Now, 4 years later, now that it's hit it big time, I just really want to see this show do well.

@SweetAndDelicious: Well music production has been something I've been wanting to take up. I mean, I've been listening to all sorts of electronic music. It should be natural for me to take this up at some point.

Skills, I think they'd more or less fall into the academic side of things mostly, though I do possess a few people skills and dabble in a bit of art every now and then. I seem to have an adoration with math and science, despite me not being in a STEM program and me taking all of the math and science courses I can in high school. And considering what program I'm applying for in university I think I'll be seeing myself using them considerably.

Last edited May 07, 2017 at 06:27PM EDT

Is there a game that you enjoyed before like in your childhood or maybe just a few years ago that you don't enjoy now? As in, you retroactively played some game you liked in your past only to find it doesn't have the same appeal?

Also if you're gonna be an electronic musician, will you tell eventually people to "check out my Soundcloud?"

@Jaune Arc: Definitely anything video game or tech-related. Other times though it'll be video essays and the like, and maybe a few nonsensical memes.

Yes I do have a Twitter account. Click the bird on my profile to find it.

@TripleA9000: Depends on what you think success is.

@Nuts and Dolts: Now I will say "yes" to this, but that said, I'll leave this ambiguous and for you to find out.

@Wkc19: Alright now we're talking. I'm kinda split between Pho, cheap-as-fuck spicy crab sushi rolls, and maybe Caesar salad, but I'm definitely leaning towards the spicy crab rolls as of late.

Favorite Pokemon (and Shiny)?

What do you think of the site's userbase?

Do you play persona 5, Watch Hanazuki or Watch MLP:FiM? If so what do you think of the three IPs?

@After Shock: Having a hard time choosing between Ninjask, Latios, or Tap Lel. As for shiny, I'll have to say Gallade.

The site's userbase is alright, if not irritable at times. There are times where I can agree with the userbase, and other times where I just think they're extremely dense.

Never touched any of these at all honestly, though I am somewhat interested in Persona 5 and may pick it up at a later date.

Alright I think I'm done for this AMA. I'll get Rivers to lock this. Any questions following this message will not be answered in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited May 11, 2017 at 04:32AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!