Forums / Discussion / General

232,975 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

Why is Pedobear unlisted?

Last posted May 28, 2021 at 09:55PM EDT. Added May 21, 2021 at 11:33PM EDT
8 posts from 4 users

Last month, amid the drama surrounding the Shortstack entry, it was unlisted for a time. Like unlisted YouTube videos, unlisted KYM entries don't appear in searches or search suggestions, but they can still be accessed through links (and luckily their images remain up and searchable). I don't know how long this has been a feature, but that was the first time I'd heard of it. Just now, I've learned there are at least 2 others: Pedobear and Spurdo Spärde (a Pedobear variant). The latter puzzles me, as it has basically no relation to pedophilia (and its 4 sub-entries are all still listed), but even unlisting Pedobear for this subject matter seems pointless. Around 2019, there were apparent issues dealing with loli-related material and the POMF =3 entry had to be hidden for a while (not unlisted, but wholly unavailable), but it's back and currently listed as well as Lolicon, Post CP, Boku no Pico, etc. Whether it's pedophilia or some other unexplained problems, it seems regrettable to unlist a 2.7 million view entry with nearly 2 decades of history and iconic status (and even an episode of the KYM web series).

On another minor note, "Unlisted" is a label in the "Status" field where "Confirmed", "Submission", or "Deadpool" would normally be, so for now, Pedobear is no longer confirmed.
:(

I've just discovered while writing this via edit histories that Pedobear was hidden and then unlisted on Feb. 25, 2019 (Spurdo Spärde was only unlisted, same day). This was after POMF was hidden (Aug. 14, 2018), but before I brought attention to that and it was later reverted. I'm surprised in the subsequent POMF drama that no one noticed and mentioned Pedobear being censored too. If any generous mod would like to drop some intel, what's up with Pedobear, and what other unlisted entries are there if any?

Your understanding of the 2019 loli content events is pretty much accurate. Staff/administration basically got forced to cover up the Pomf =3, Loli, Shota entries for legal and advertising reasons, and eventually it all boiled over and things went back to normal. Fringe entries like Spurdo being caught in this was part of a better-safe-than-sorry policy regarding cp-related content. Eventually it all boiled over and we went back to normal, but there's nothing anywhere that indicates pedobear and the other hidden entries were exceptions; meaning they were likely just overlooked.

Tl;DR like a 99% chance someone just forgot to re-list it. If you spot any more let us know,

Doeoeod wrote:

Your understanding of the 2019 loli content events is pretty much accurate. Staff/administration basically got forced to cover up the Pomf =3, Loli, Shota entries for legal and advertising reasons, and eventually it all boiled over and things went back to normal. Fringe entries like Spurdo being caught in this was part of a better-safe-than-sorry policy regarding cp-related content. Eventually it all boiled over and we went back to normal, but there's nothing anywhere that indicates pedobear and the other hidden entries were exceptions; meaning they were likely just overlooked.

Tl;DR like a 99% chance someone just forgot to re-list it. If you spot any more let us know,

I hope they get relisted soon if this is the case. But is there any function to look for unlisted entries or a section they go to, even if it's only available to mods or admins? I'd think there must be so they don't get lost and forgotten in the void. I just tried "status:unlisted" which is how you search for confirmed, etc., but that's not it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!