Forums / Discussion / General

233,292 total conversations in 7,801 threads

+ New Thread

Famous anime studio Gainax is officially bankrupt

Last posted Jun 08, 2024 at 05:46PM EDT. Added Jun 07, 2024 at 12:27PM EDT
8 posts from 8 users

Source

Well that sucks. Studio Khara is going to now own any IPs the studio owns, but yeah after 40 years this once famous studio famous for classics like Evangelion, FLCL, and Panty and Stocking is no longer going to exist.

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Source

Well that sucks. Studio Khara is going to now own any IPs the studio owns, but yeah after 40 years this once famous studio famous for classics like Evangelion, FLCL, and Panty and Stocking is no longer going to exist.

Didn't pretty much all the notable people leave and form other studios like Trigger? The studio has been a shadow of its former self for over a decade.

GeneHunt wrote:

Didn't pretty much all the notable people leave and form other studios like Trigger? The studio has been a shadow of its former self for over a decade.

I was under the impression that they were basically a skeleton crew ever since they lost all the big-name IPs. And something about dragging their feet on copyright for the longest time?I haven't paid much attention to them in recent times.

Last edited Jun 08, 2024 at 01:15AM EDT

RIP, but they were mismanaged by their upper-management for years with most of their talent having already left. This is just a zombie being put to rest.

A good lesson to remain loyal to the creators rather than the studio name.

It's sad, but I'm actually surprised it didn't happen earlier. The studio has been a dead horse for longer than I can remember.

As an aside, I think it's interesting that Gainax has managed to become so influential and beloved despite being consistenly mismanaged throughout its history. No wonder Hideaki Anno decided to take an active role in managing his company when he founded Khara.

RIP to the legend; even if it is now dead, its memory will most definitely not fade, and its influence on the medium will be remembered for a long time. This isn't even the first studio with such a fate, and it will most certainly not be the last.

O HAI! You must login or signup first!