Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,840 total conversations in 4,535 threads

+ New Thread

KFC?

Last posted May 28, 2012 at 06:19PM EDT. Added May 21, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT
13 posts from 9 users

Okay, im almost like a brand new menber but i have been looking around at this site around for a few time and i have to say its a pretty good website, and many interesting people, so i found a little thing while lurking around the internet, how apparently someone can change the KFC logo into something else, i would have like to make the meme entry myself but i fear i might mistake something

I will put it in this way;
1. find someone who shares characteristics to Colonel sander's logo (Old man, happy grin, chickens,name with K, or random guy)
2. Limit his name or put him as a title a pun of the actual KFC
3.Limit his colors to red, white, and gray
4. Tadan!

Here are some examples

Original:

As an old guy replaced (old snake from Metal gear solid 4)

A happy grin and a name pun

Name with K:

Others: Mannehatten fried hay

Or we could also say as colonel sander as a general meme as or merge him in

Say what you think?, anyone wanna help me? or does it look like it won't be good enough?

I think these are just examples of Alternate Universe imaginings.

I'm not an expert on meme-ology myself, so someone with more experience might have to answer your question. Thanks for asking on the forums first as opposed to just proceeding with an entry, however.

Last edited May 21, 2012 at 09:38PM EDT

Well, we do have an entry for Obama 'Hope' Posters, so it wouldn't be the first entry for poster parodies. Based on that, this is a legit entry.

You can also look at all the example on the Propaganda Parodies entry or its sub-entries.

So if OP can find enough examples, I say go for it and create that entry. But I would name it "KFC Logo Parodies", as the act here is to create a parody of the KFC Logo.

Last edited May 22, 2012 at 10:55AM EDT

There are definitely some jokes about KFC out there. I think it has enough reconition to be seriously considered as a meme. That being said, the use of it can be very broad as Random and Kim Jong have shown.

Great!
Now someone make the entry since i have no idea how to make entries
But we need to find the origin of where did the jokes originate…right?
Them i m not sure if this will go alright

Katie C. wrote:

Nobody bothered posting this yet?

Also, this is real, I'm not even kidding.

That's China for you. If it can be knocked off and make money, it exists. I like to call it the Rule 34 of China.

Katie C. wrote:

Nobody bothered posting this yet?

Also, this is real, I'm not even kidding.

Im sorry if I sound ignorant or stupid to ask this but… Is that Obama?
That really looks a lot like Obama laughing or giggling in the picture.
Am I the only one who sees this?

Olivia Gulin wrote:

Is the KFC design meme related to the racist black people love fried chicken joke, or are they two sort of separate jokes?

I would look at them at seperate jokes. I don't see how recreating a logo is related to the joke of blacks loving KFC.

So if you present it like that, perhaps we need 2 entries.

Well look at this.
Also this one.

Should help you getting some images. Problem with both entries though.
The first entry focusses on KFC as a company, although he does add the racism factor presented with KFC (although incorrectly).
The second entry is just 3 letters and a dupe.

But I still fail to see why we need an entry for a company like KFC.

Last edited May 28, 2012 at 06:23PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!