Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,877 total conversations in 4,540 threads

+ New Thread

For great(er) justice!

Last posted May 17, 2010 at 09:34PM EDT. Added May 16, 2010 at 03:27PM EDT
8 posts from 4 users

How is this not yet included in the meme database? Easily one of the most common phrases on the chans. For the greatering of justices, can we get someone on this entry? I snooped around a bit and this idiom is ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Would not be hard, I'm willing to help someone with it.

ALSO:

For Great Justice is part of the All Your Base meme. It's the last part of the dialogue sequence.

Just watch this gif and you'll eventually see it.

For the most part, if it is really necessary, "For Great Justice" would just be added under the existing AYBABTU article. As you can see, its popularity is way below that of All Your Base as shown in this Google Insights chart.

Last edited May 16, 2010 at 05:45PM EDT

I understand it's purpose and origin, but the two memes are totally different aside from said origin. AYBABTU is a stand alone phrase as is for great justice. It's like saying because we have advice dog all other spin offs are covered.

I totally agree with Agent on this one. (Also, I think I suggested this a long time ago, but whatevs.)

For Great Justice is like the batteries in your remote; when you want to watch TV (do something online), you get your remote (your keyboard/mouse) and channel surf (lurk). When you want to do something about what's on your TV (your computer), you use the remote (keyboard/mouse) to execute your wishes. Great Justice is your motivation. It's the power source, the guiding force, the very reason for the improvments you want to make to the interwebs. Without Great Justice, you would press buttons on the remote (type) without purpose and nothing would be achieved.

But we are achievers.

Therefore, we must create an entry.

For Great Justice.

I fully support the creation of a "For Great Justice" page as part of a "Series on All Your Base" or whatever. A case could easily be made if you can show that the amount of For Great Justice media is comparable to other confirmed memes and sizable in comparison to All Your Base media.

Which I'm sure it is.

@Mike

Like I pointed out in my first post in this therad, a Google Insights comparison between AYBABTU and "For Great Justice" shows that AYBABTU exceeds that of the latter quite largely.

@Thread

Though I don't really think it needs a separate article (but instead just a section dedicated to it in the existing AYBABTU article), I don't question the memetic qualities of "For Great Justice".

So, in reality, it solely depends if the article will ever be made at all. Seeing as you suggested it, AgentOrange, how would you like to make the article yourself? Get yourself experienced with entry-making.

Last edited May 16, 2010 at 07:38PM EDT

So, in reality, it solely depends if the article
will ever be made at all. Seeing as you suggested
it, AgentOrange, how would you like to make the
article yourself? Get yourself experienced with
entry-making.

'greed.

Last edited May 17, 2010 at 12:49AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!