Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Just For Fun] Forum President

Last posted Apr 18, 2012 at 12:07AM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2012 at 08:16PM EDT
403 posts from 59 users

I thought of a cool forum game that might actually evolve into a real thing. Here's how it works:

1. People establish their parties (Bronies, Inglip Followers, Trolls, etc.) by sending me private messages or posting here.

2. Once the first step is done, a new topic will be made. In that topic people can post saying that they want to run for Forum President, what party they are in, and why they would be a good president. One week after the thread is made, whoever has 10 or more karma on their post applying for presidency will become an official candidate.

3. A debate thread will be made for candidates and supporters to fight with each other. Meanwhile candidates are encouraged to remain active on the forums and try to destroy the reputation of everyone they are running against.

4. After a week of this mayhem, a poll will be held for people to narrow down candidates to one person per party.

4. Basically a repeat of Step 3, only with the remaining candidates.

5. The final election. Whoever wins is made Forum President.

I think this has a lot of potential. Sure, the Forum President won't have any real power, but they might get a custom title or something depending on what the moderators think of this game. There may be a second election if this works out, but games like these have been known to get fucked up in the past.

This actually sounds really interesting. MDF, get in here. I would love to support you in this venture. Or anyone with debating skills, really.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I like it how you instantly assume that Randomman will be running.

I made that image a couple months ago, where the context included Mr. Random. But, er, I guess you can assume it's a reference to the assertion that we're all part of his harem.

I'm running in the name of the Western Federation.

My platform is one of opposition to Japanese media and MLP.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Good luck getting votes.

Obviously, there shall be a brony party. And to oppose it, there shall be an anime party or something. I think the latter might be large enough to balance things out.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 08:35PM EDT

Muffins wrote:

Good luck getting votes.

Obviously, there shall be a brony party. And to oppose it, there shall be an anime party or something. I think the latter might be large enough to balance things out.

BREAKING NEWS: Up-and-coming candidate Thomas Nair drops out of race after receiving a total of -27 votes. More on this story at eight.

Troll King wrote:

Good luck…you'll need it.

Don't expect I'll even get one vote, given what the Federation's platform is.

But I'll give it my best shot. What's the worst that can happen, right?

Piano wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: Up-and-coming candidate Thomas Nair drops out of race after receiving a total of -27 votes. More on this story at eight.

I'm going to stick with this until the end, Fedora. I might be forcibly run out of the race, but I'm never going to just drop out on my own.

Piano wrote:

Actually, that makes me think of something: Can we make it a rule that election posts (Posts that people vote on, and whoever gets the most krama is elected) cannot be downvoted, just upvoted, so that smaller parties can't get immediately eviscerated?

You mean the party of one person?

Hell, I'll at least salute Thomas's blind bravado.

And, by the way, I believe this will be his running catchphrase: "Tunnel Snakes Western Federationists Rule!"

Don't expect I'll even get one vote, given what the Federation's platform is.

But I'll give it my best shot. What's the worst that can happen, right?

-100000000000000000 karma. It's possible.

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

You mean the party of one person?

Hell, I'll at least salute Thomas's blind bravado.

And, by the way, I believe this will be his running catchphrase: "Tunnel Snakes Western Federationists Rule!"

No, my campaign's catchphrase will be the much more mundane "For the Federation!"

Piano wrote:

Actually, that makes me think of something: Can we make it a rule that election posts (Posts that people vote on, and whoever gets the most krama is elected) cannot be downvoted, just upvoted, so that smaller parties can't get immediately eviscerated?

That's the reason the karma system is being used in the first place. It's obvious there is going to be twenty people running at first, so this up/down voting system will make it so that only the large, popular parties will succeed.

Twenty-One wrote:

-100000000000000000 karma. It's possible.

Theoretically, at least. But even if that does happen, unless I'm forced out of the race, I'm sticking with it.

No, my campaign's catchphrase will be the much more mundane "For the Federation!"

I just realized…

Bronies should probably split into three or four separate parties, to make it fair. Obviously, only one would be in the final candidacy.

I, for one, will support the Earth Pony Democracy. Together we can slaughter those mongrel pegasi and arrogant unicorns bring a brighter tomorrow for the forums.

By slaughtering pegasi and unicorns uniting together. And… using apples… I guess.

Troll King wrote:

That's the reason the karma system is being used in the first place. It's obvious there is going to be twenty people running at first, so this up/down voting system will make it so that only the large, popular parties will succeed.

Okay, that's just wrong.

Just as wrong as the Citizens United decision. You know what I'm talking about.

Troll King wrote:

But, but, there aren't going to be a lot of people joining the Russia party. Don't you want me to be forum president, TK?

Theoretically, at least. But even if that does happen, unless I'm forced out of the race, I'm sticking with it.

Don't worry, I'll give you karma.

But I'm only voting for RF in the final election, though.

Piano wrote:

But, but, there aren't going to be a lot of people joining the Russia party. Don't you want me to be forum president, TK?

You'll get enough karma for sure. Besides, I'm not allowed to show favoritism. Everyone would know I'm doing it because you're my wife.

madcat wrote:

Where's DPF, MDF, BSoD, or someone else for the Homestuck Party? We need a representative.

I commeth!
I am ready and willing to assist in whatever means necessary.
The Homestuck Party must craft an ideology. One that isn't necessarily based on the reading of a webcomic.
Let us build it together.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 08:42PM EDT

I will be part of the Pegasus Ork Party (P.O.P.) of course
My platform will be:

• Helping the handicap.
  • Sexual harassment.
  • Weather. (Of course)
  • Waagh.
  • Mental health system.
  • Homeland Security.
  • Dakka.
    (I don't stand a damn chance, you all got so much dirt on me it is not even funny).
Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT

Troll King wrote:

You'll get enough karma for sure. Besides, I'm not allowed to show favoritism. Everyone would know I'm doing it because you're my wife.

Egh, I'm still opposed to allowing Negkrama in the election. That would be like a country allowing anti-votes against a candidate. It just isn't right.

Unless somebody else will join the Earth Pony Democracy, I guess I'll lead it.

I stand for:

A. The slaughter of pegasi.
B. The slaughter of unicorns.
C. The establishment of limitless amounts of apples.
D. Something that will make people vote for me, even though I won't keep through with it.
E. Establishing a secret police to exterminate anybody that can see text through slashes.
F. And… um… HATS FOR EVERYONE!

Unless somebody else will join the Earth Pony Democracy, I guess I'll lead it.

I stand for:

A. The slaughter of pegasi.
B. The slaughter of unicorns.
C. The establishment of limitless amounts of apples.
D. Something that will make people vote for me, even though I won't keep through with it.
E. Establishing a secret police to exterminate anybody that can see text through slashes.
F. And… um… HATS FOR EVERYONE!

BREAKING NEWS: President Explosive Lasers forms secret police, kills everyone on forums. More on this story never because I'm dead.

Wow this seems pretty damn awesome but i'm not sure what party i should start….Hmm i got it, the Team fortress 2 party! together we can make a difference in this world and bring a better tomorrow….

So What we have so Far…

• Russian Fedora – Russia/Troll party
  • Explosive Lasers – Earth Pony Democracy Party
  • Thomas Nair – Western Federation Party
  • Random 21 – Video Games in General Party
  • madcat – Homestuck Party
    MDFification
  • Ric Tesla – Pegasus Ork Party
  • amanda b. – Cat Party
  • Cpt Douglas J Falcon – Mario Party
  • seal clubba (doctorhobo) – Team Fortress 2 Party

Too Many Party without enough people in them, I Say we limit the number of partys and have everyone else join existing partys.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 08:58PM EDT

I am running for the official Russia/Troll party. Benefits you will get from us include:

• A highly funded educational system.
  • A highly funded space program.
  • Diligent derailment of any threads that are deemed "Non-quality" or "Pointless".
  • Constant pestering of unpopular users (cough cough TARDISES cough cough).

More focal points of our party will be explained in the debate thread/election thread.

Sorry, seal…

The 'hats for everyone' ticket is already taken by the Earth Pony Democracy. Your best weapon is gone.

Piano wrote:

Egh, I'm still opposed to allowing Negkrama in the election. That would be like a country allowing anti-votes against a candidate. It just isn't right.

It'll happen anyway. This way, it's legitimized, and we can allow everyone to do it. If we didn't, the irrational and angry would do it anyway. We might as well allow rational users to counteract this.

NottaWotta wrote:

So What we have so Far…

MDFification
  • amanda b. – Cat Party

Too Many Party without enough people in them, I Say we limit the number of partys and have everyone else join existing partys.

Well we can have make only four parties.

• The Brony Party.
  • The Cat Party.
  • The Gamer Party.
  • The Troll Party
    Hows that?
Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 09:01PM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

So What we have so Far…

MDFification
  • amanda b. – Cat Party

I'd throw my hat in with random 21 if not for the fact that the Federation's ticket is at once both more varied and more restrictive than simply "Video Games in General".

EDIT: @ Ric: I'd fit in "none of the above".

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 09:02PM EDT

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Well we can have make only four parties.

• The Brony Party.
  • The Cat Party.
  • The Gamer Party.
  • The Troll Party
    Hows that?

that's AWESOME.

More Homestuck people report in, so we can work on a platform.

EDIT: If Troll King approves that list, it's missing The Homestuck Party.

Last edited Apr 15, 2012 at 09:04PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!