Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Riff-Raff] Lisa the Edgelord

Last posted Jul 06, 2015 at 06:14PM EDT. Added Jun 13, 2015 at 01:01PM EDT
176 posts from 63 users

Welcome to real fuckin life, this year my mom was also diagnosed with cancer and had a major surgery and round of chemo, my sister got married to her abusive baby daddy, I’m barely keeping my life together and electricity running on my salary, and my nearest family member is 2000 miles to the east. Yeah, shit is shitty, we can all throw ourselves a pity party, but that’s not gonna feel any better than looking at baby animals. You have to stand up and struggle every day with the rest of the animal kingdom, that’s what it means to be alive.

Look, I feel sorry for your life misfortunes, and it's obvious that sometimes life can be hard and unpleasing, but holy moly, that message is the edgiest thing I've ever seen on this forums. And it doesn't help that it was aimed to someone who explicitaly asked for positive things because he was going through a bad time. Let's worship the newest lord of the edge in our dear website.

Also, I agree with Loli, that ending is worthy to be on a Berserk panel.

Last edited Jun 13, 2015 at 01:02PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

I already have a thread general~ I'm not new here bby.

All you bubbies choosing to be offended doesn't change the message, which remains beautiful and inspiring. The only reason I posted in that thread is because the OP seemed really depressed and when I was in high school and depressed (and even on medication at one point) distracting myself only ultimately made me feel even worse about wasting my time being stuck in situations that weren't making me happy. I wish someone would have given me that message when I was 17.

lisalombs wrote:

I already have a thread general~ I'm not new here bby.

All you bubbies choosing to be offended doesn't change the message, which remains beautiful and inspiring. The only reason I posted in that thread is because the OP seemed really depressed and when I was in high school and depressed (and even on medication at one point) distracting myself only ultimately made me feel even worse about wasting my time being stuck in situations that weren't making me happy. I wish someone would have given me that message when I was 17.

Not to get all serious in a riff-raff thread, but your experiences are not at all representative of anyone else's. Thinking that just because you wish someone had given you that message means that everyone must want the same message is probably one of the most egotistical things I've ever heard. There have been studies that show that three year old children will attribute their own views to everyone else (i.e. If I don't like broccoli, then no one else likes broccoli either). This trait is grown out of by age five when children realize that people have different views on things.

TL:DR Just because that message would have been helpful for you doesn't mean it would be helpful for OP. So please fuck off and stop trying to justify it.

Crimeariver wrote:

Not to get all serious in a riff-raff thread, but your experiences are not at all representative of anyone else's. Thinking that just because you wish someone had given you that message means that everyone must want the same message is probably one of the most egotistical things I've ever heard. There have been studies that show that three year old children will attribute their own views to everyone else (i.e. If I don't like broccoli, then no one else likes broccoli either). This trait is grown out of by age five when children realize that people have different views on things.

TL:DR Just because that message would have been helpful for you doesn't mean it would be helpful for OP. So please fuck off and stop trying to justify it.

Frig off nerd

Clearly we are all clones and we all have the same interests and problems

Loli wrote:

YU HAVE TO STAND UP AND STRUGGLE EVERYDAY WITH THE REST OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM, THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ALIVE. WARRIORMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!

Last edited Jun 13, 2015 at 03:07PM EDT

I was going to post in the philosophy thread, but at this point I've come to peace with the terms that I'm a spiritualist and an inherently religious person and I'm on totally different wavelengths from her as a materialist. There's a fine line between debating and evangelizing and I get the sense I'd just be doing the former, which will get tiresome for all involved parties.

Oh this is riff raff. uuh. dank memes bruh?

{ Thinking that just because you wish someone had given you that message means that everyone must want the same message is probably one of the most egotistical things I’ve ever heard. }

I didn't say everyone must want the same message, I explained why I offered it. Nothing I said was offensive or an insult, nobody has a problem with burying and ignoring a lot of my other posts. I honestly don't see what about that post rustles all of your jimmies so intensely. ¯\(ツ)

lisalombs wrote:

{ Thinking that just because you wish someone had given you that message means that everyone must want the same message is probably one of the most egotistical things I’ve ever heard. }

I didn't say everyone must want the same message, I explained why I offered it. Nothing I said was offensive or an insult, nobody has a problem with burying and ignoring a lot of my other posts. I honestly don't see what about that post rustles all of your jimmies so intensely. ¯\(ツ)

“…rustles all of your jimmies so intensely.”

Actually, if you go back and look again, you’ll notice that most people just thought it was funny. Nice try though.

lisalombs wrote:

>OP says he had a shit year
>OP says he wants to hear some uplifting news
>You tell him that life is horrible and he should just learn to deal with it

Nope, no idea why anyone wouldn't have liked that. None at all. You were perfectly justified in telling a depressed teen that life sucks.

Slutty Sam wrote:

rustles all of your jimmies so intensely. ¯\(ツ)/¯

The nice warm sweater is complimented well by the jacket and its high collar. I have such an outfit prepped for the winter period. Anyone else here as well equipped as this smug shit for colder days?

also comfortable clothing thread

Laika wrote:

The nice warm sweater is complimented well by the jacket and its high collar. I have such an outfit prepped for the winter period. Anyone else here as well equipped as this smug shit for colder days?

also comfortable clothing thread

Uh, no. You live in england and you know it is summer here. In fact there is a place in my home that can reach 30 degrees celsius because of the summer.

Wind blows, rain falls, and the strong prey upon the weak.

War is a cruel parent, but an effective teacher.

YOU HAVE TO STAND UP AND STRUGGLE EVERYDAY WITH THE REST OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM, THAT’S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ALIVE.

Laika wrote:

Wind blows, rain falls, and the strong prey upon the weak.

War is a cruel parent, but an effective teacher.

YOU HAVE TO STAND UP AND STRUGGLE EVERYDAY WITH THE REST OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM, THAT’S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ALIVE.

I just have to take a moment and say this is the greatest post in the history of riff raff. Not sure if you consider that a big accomplishment or anything but take it as you will.

Slutty Sam wrote:

I just have to take a moment and say this is the greatest post in the history of riff raff. Not sure if you consider that a big accomplishment or anything but take it as you will.

Laika is just a gold mine of comedy gold, why I love the bastard so much. Now excuse me, stitching my sides together before this thread splits them again.

Seriously, as if I thought my posts were copypasta material.

One day, after couple of generations will pass away, people from the future would explore the past. The past that is the present of us. They will find and research every single thing that we done. There is a lucky, but incredibly small chance that researchers from the future will find this website and even probably this thread. They would have been fascinated by this, knowing how was like in the past. It could become a legend among humanity. The holy grail of threads. This thread shall never be forgotten.

This has got to be memory laned. I swear, I have never enjoyed a riff-raff thread in my entire life, until now.

I want to bookmark this thread and come back to it whenever I need a good laugh or uplifting.

"Welcome to real memeing life, this year my mom was also diagnosed with meme-aids and had a major surgery and daily doses, my sister got memed on by her abusive baby daddy, I’m barely Memeing my life together and electricity running on controversial memes, and my nearest family memer is 2000 miles to the east. Yeah, shit is shitty, we can all throw ourselves a lemon party, but that’s not gonna feel any better than looking at advice animals. You have to stand up and struggle every day with the rest of the KnowYourMemeDon, that’s what it memes to be Dank."

Edit: Lisa, not to make fun of your misfortunes or anything. I do hope things turn out for the better for you and your family. I just couldn't resist.

Last edited Jun 13, 2015 at 08:04PM EDT

“Welcome to my DARK life, this year my PAST was also diagnosed with Batman's parents syndrome and had a major emotional breakdown and daily doses of virgin blood, my backstory got boosted by even more death, I’m barely keeping my life together and fury running on my veins that cause wounds. These wounds will never heal and crawl in my skin. Yeah, shit is shitty, people die when they are killed , we can all throw ourselves off a bridge but that’s not gonna make my inner demons pleased. You have to stand up, pick up your sword, gun-knife, knife-gun, dark trenchcoat and struggle every day with the rest of the your dark past while dubstep plays in the background."

Last edited Jun 13, 2015 at 08:25PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!