Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Forum Games] SUPER Official KYM Scavenger Hunt 2015 Golden Revelation Chronicles, 2nd Anniversary Definitive Edition +

Last posted Oct 29, 2015 at 09:57AM EDT. Added Aug 11, 2015 at 04:16AM EDT
125 posts from 21 users

I am Jr. Detective Natsuru Yoko Springfield, Private Eye. Many years ago me and my Sr. Detective Master Bob C. Holly investigated the strange line of crimes left behind by the mysterious criminal mastermind only known as Silver Tail, a master of disguise who always leaves behind his calling card at the location of each of his crimes.

Recently, Detective Bob has suddenly vanished after chasing Silver Tail down. I fear the worst, he must have been taken hostage, or even worse… Deadpooled. Recently I got a page of his journal in the mail…

"Heart held the garden of a great chase, for a year has passed since that slow pace.
I must go back to the time, where a great ascent was needed to claim that dime.
Here, I might find the one who is truly the culprit of the crime."

He must have laid a paper trail. Maybe if we follow the trail of his notes, we will find Bob and the Culprit!

Rules: It's practically the same as last year's hunt with two changes: Image Notes are now fair hiding places, and we will not post clues past page 10 of any thread.

"Anyway, here’s the rundown on this game. I will start off with a riddle that will lead you to a Thread or Image. Users must work together to find the thread (or photo) I am describing. I will not tell you if you are correct. In 24 hours, I will edit a post in the thread I have chosen to put up a new riddle leading to another thread. This will go on until you have found all of the riddles. I will, of course, need proof that you have actually found them all."

The Second Riddle goes up Tomorrow.

Last edited Aug 11, 2015 at 04:27AM EDT

NottaWotta wrote:

We should check the previous scavenger hunt threads for cules.

"Year passed", "great chase"

Yep. Sounds like a reference to the previous scavenger hunt thread. Someone wanna go dig that up?

Found it, it was on the second page of the 1st KYM scavenger hunt. Here's a pic because I can't link a fucking post for some reason

Particle Mare wrote:

"Year passed", "great chase"

Yep. Sounds like a reference to the previous scavenger hunt thread. Someone wanna go dig that up?

Got it.

Entry made for more ego than,
her entire blue bullet span;
there did her images ran,
until she met her biggest fan.

Sounds like the next one is on an entry made by a female user, possibly someone who has lots of stalkers. Any ideas PM?

Last edited Aug 11, 2015 at 10:50PM EDT

>entry for ego
>blue bullets

I'm thinking it's in the Cirno gallery

Which is a giant stretch but worth a shot

SUPER EDIT THANKS TO SIR-SOUNDWAVE

Soundwave found this comment on the Cirno entry and it has a big fan.

Last edited Aug 11, 2015 at 11:05PM EDT

TillsterRulz wrote:

>entry for ego
>blue bullets

I'm thinking it's in the Cirno gallery

Which is a giant stretch but worth a shot

SUPER EDIT THANKS TO SIR-SOUNDWAVE

Soundwave found this comment on the Cirno entry and it has a big fan.

That's a big possibility, but in that case we need to figure out which image the clue will be on. I imagine it's going to relate to the biggest fan part of the clue. I suppose it could be this one though since it's the 999999 get.

SUPER DUPER EDIT

I guess that comment thread would make the most sense, although I think it's more likely to be on this image because A) the rules didn't say anything about clues being posted in the comments and B) the image was uploaded by Nat.

Last edited Aug 11, 2015 at 11:08PM EDT

I think it's here because there isn't a rule about clues in the comments (if there was it would mean adding a comment and that would appear on recent activity), it fits the clues and it exemplifies the new rule that image notes are now in play.

a few things:

Cirno GET:
>Part of the Cirno entry ("Entry made for more ego than…")

Cirno Comment Thread:
>"Biggest fan" pun (
"…until she met her biggest fan…"
)

Natsuru's Cirno Image:
>Has a literal fan in it (
"…until she met her biggest fan…"
)
>Uploaded by Natsuru. This can't be some coincidence

I'm gonna place my bet on Natsuru's Cirno image

Last edited Aug 11, 2015 at 11:20PM EDT

It was the fan image uploaded by Nats, figured that out easily
Link to image

Tiring but Fruitful this venture was; as this great knowledge was often sought. Held high as it may be, oftentimes the display goes for naught. While the eternally lazy may never play with this colorful roulette, the hidden hallow of notes they fall into; they will not forget.

Tiring but Fruitful this venture was

Mmm one of the many roleplay threads we had? Or maybe one of Syndic's "Nations RP"?

Held high as it may be, oftentimes the display goes for naught.

A featured thread that it's often ignored, maybe?

I'm not sure about the hidden hallow of notes or not forgetting but the rest of it sounds like the Textile thread.
> Great knowledge often sought
Super useful people always asking questions about it.
> Held high as it may be
highest karma on any forum post
> col orf ul rou let te

Last edited Aug 12, 2015 at 08:51PM EDT

I agree with Bonaparte that the next clue might be in the textile thread. Can't be really sure, though.

Textile Thread

>Useful info regarding image embeds and coding (Great knowledge often sought…)
>Most upvoted forum post (
…held high as it may be…
)

(Additionally, the fact that the OP of the textile thread is the highest upvoted post further proves that many users visited the thread (Great knowledge often sought…))

>The lazy type of person may find coding to be extremely tedious, thus unable to "play with this colorful roulette", which, like Bonaparte said, refers to the colored text. (…While the eternally lazy may never play with this colorful roulette…)

The closest thing I can think of that is "…the hidden hallow of notes they fall into…" is the spoilered text in the OP. I'm really not confident about this guess, however.

Last edited Aug 12, 2015 at 09:04PM EDT

>"Tiring but Fruitful this venture was; as this great knowledge was often sought."
>"Held high as it may be, oftentimes the display goes for naught."
>"While the eternally lazy may never play with this colorful roulette, the hidden hallow of notes they fall into; they will not forget."

All of these can be linked to a mod (or badge) request thread. Mod and badges are something people often like to have, through effort or asking, let's say a "fruitful venture". One can say the same about about a custom title request thread, but the "knowledge" section isn't something you can relate to with a custom title, only with mod powers.

And you have the last line: "eternally lazy" implies that just asking isn't the way to get mod powers or a badge, but that you have to actually work for it; "the hidden hallow of notes they fall into" implies a big downvote bomb over the obvious dumb request or a stream of replies rejecting it.

Then again, the first line, "Tiring but fruitful", implies that the asker was eventually succesful. This reminds me of Sam, who used to be a pretty bad users and definitely begged for a badge, but now has one.

If it's not a mod request thread, the next steps are custom title or a badge.

This thread has a my biggest vote.

The OP is Sam, who used to be a pretty bad badge requester but who also now has one ("display goes for naught" can be related to karma, which is related to her title), as I mentioned before. But alongside that it also features Natsuru who there first brought up her idea for new contribution titles, but afterwards still had to discuss a long time before they got added. "Tiring but fruitful" can then both relate to the fact that it took Nats an insane amount of effort, and the fact that it's about Contribution titles.

Also kudos to the textile links people made.

Take in mind, I haven't considered the option of image notes here yet, nor digged into it. I'm just guessing it's a thread due to the order so far being thread-image-X.

Last edited Aug 12, 2015 at 09:53PM EDT

The next clue is found in this post

Ripping on each others words,
in this conference of nerds;
Put out to public so we can see,
the act that others tend to be.

I'm guessing the next clue will be in the IRC moments, since:

"Ripping on each others words,…" = Posting screencaps of messages
"…in this conference of nerds;…" = The conference refers to the IRC. "Nerd" is a commonly used insult used in the IRC.
"…Put out to public so we can see,…" = The IRC moments is a "public" thread that everyone can visit.
"…the act that others tend to be." = The "act" refers to the typical IRC-goer's behavior

It can also possibly be found next in the good fffriggin comment thread:

"Ripping on each others words,…" = Posting screencaps of comments
"…in this conference of nerds;…" = The conference refers to Riff-Raff. As with the IRC, "nerd" is a commonly used insult.
"…Put out to public so we can see,…" = The GFC is a "public" thread that everyone can visit.
"…the act that others tend to be." = The "act" refers to the funny and/or cringe-inducing way the commentators in the screencaps post.

Last edited Aug 13, 2015 at 09:04PM EDT

Hmmm…my best guess is the IRC moments thread.

Ripping on each others words
Everyone talks a lot in the IRC, and there are arguing sometimes.
in this conference of nerds
Everyone does call each other a "nerd" sometimes. If you ask me, this is what convinced me that the next clue is in the IRC moments thread.
Put out for the public to see
The thread was made for all to see and remember.
the act that others tend to be
Ditto.

Edit:…Basically, everything Lurk said.

It's either in the IRC moments thread, or in the Good Friggin Comments thread, as Twisty Tchefuncte Bonaparte Lurk thinks it might be in.

Last edited Aug 13, 2015 at 09:08PM EDT

I think the GFC thread or IRC moments both work, but the IRC moments thread fits it more kindly, so that is probably the correct answer.

I agree it's probably the IRC moments thread, as the good fffriggin comments thread is more about "ripping" on other people's words, not each other's (Though that sometimes happens).

Found it, 7th page of IRC moments.

oops i didnt mean to take a picture of my whole screen lol

Exact are these guidelines match,
for the highest extremes do they even smash.
Perhaps a bit of heartfelt humor must be brought to life,
on this puppet show stage of delight.

This sounds like the Smash Bros Thread, or perhaps some KYM Smash tourney thread that happened.

Anyone else got anything?

Last edited Aug 14, 2015 at 08:19PM EDT

TillsterRulz wrote:

Found it, 7th page of IRC moments.

oops i didnt mean to take a picture of my whole screen lol

This sounds like the Smash Bros Thread, or perhaps some KYM Smash tourney thread that happened.

Anyone else got anything?

Thank you Rulz, I couldn't find it :P

Agreed, it sounds a bit like The Smash Tourney (if it even exists). However this riddle can apply to other tourneys
"Exact are these guidelines match,.." – Refers to the rules of the tourney.
"…for the highest extremes do they even smash… – Refers to the motivation on why the users play. "Highest extremes" = rewards and/or glory.
"…on this puppet show stage of delight…" – IIRC, the lore of Smash is that the fighters are toys that are controlled like puppets to fight against each other by gigantic hands. It can (in a non-Smash-related way) refer to how the player characters are like puppets controlled by the player.

Last edited Aug 14, 2015 at 08:41PM EDT

I couldn't find anything in the Smash thread, or in the two tournament threads we posted. Gonna keep looking elsewhere.

UPDATE
So after looking through all forum posts with "tournament" under the video games section, I can safely assume it's something else.

Last edited Aug 16, 2015 at 12:11AM EDT

Since it doesn't seem to be in any of the tourney threads (or even the Smash General thread) I'm gonna start scouring smash related images uploaded by Nat. This might take a while.

EDIT
Well as it happens, Nat has uploaded a metric fuck-ton of smash related images. Does anyone A) Have any ideas on how to narrow it down a little and B) know if it's possible to search keywords in a specific user's gallery?

Last edited Aug 16, 2015 at 12:36AM EDT

The Smash section just made me aim for the obvious: Super Smash Bros.

The main gallery is a big fuckton of images, so I started with checking out the submemes. My first guess was the 20XX submeme, which was no luck. My second was Fox Only Final Destination. Both memes make fun of smash tourneyfags, who are known to follow strict rules, matching the first 2 lines of the riddle.

Found the image:

Here's the riddle:

Written up to test,
one user’s quest.
This game they played did falter,
with an image that users altered.

I'm guessing something along the lines of this thread. OP post matches the first two lines. And the thread matches the latter 2 lines.

Option 2 is The Internet Can Now Find Stars.

Last edited Aug 16, 2015 at 02:49PM EDT

Nats isn't feeling too hot right now, so I'm just gonna take over for today to say that the 7th riddle is up.

I'm still missing though. Mystery's not over.

Last edited Aug 16, 2015 at 11:41PM EDT

Yeah, I've been searching through the KYM RPG threads but I can't find the original one. I wasn't around for it but I've heard lots of people say that it failed or got derailed with shitstorms and Nats was pretty involved with it. I've also seen a lot of images being added and changed around.

Last edited Aug 17, 2015 at 12:25AM EDT

Update: So I just went through all the threads in Creative and Forum Games with "photoshop" tagged in them and I didn't find anything. Is there any other keywords that could be used for these threads?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!