Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[General] KYM Stock Speculation And Meme Economy General

Last posted Apr 02, 2017 at 04:23AM EDT. Added Apr 01, 2017 at 12:00AM EDT
94 posts from 49 users

For this April Fools, our awesome admins set up a meme stock exchange. All users get 100 coins and these coins may be placed on any entry on the site. Just like stocks, you want to buy low and sell high – this is how you will make money. This will last a full 24 hours, from the moment it turns April 1st in EST to the moment it turns April 2nd.

Discuss stocks here. Which ones do you think are going to go up? Which investments are risky?

I'd place money on some trending entries and major ones, like We Are Number One.

So, looking at what's happening right now:

I hadn't accounted that the more people put into a stock, the more expensive it'd be to buy that stock. Thus, once stocks get more expensive, you need to sell. Don't wait for a few hours, if they start hitting a few dozen you sell, because nobody will want to buy.

I had to buy Donald Trump stock. It has to go up, it has to. It's a very successful meme business, amazing, there is not limit to how high Trump stock will go. Believe me.

i just bought a fucking shitton of loss, darth plagueis, and daily dose stock. they have always been good memes but i hope they dont fail me in my time of need

I bought: Samurai Jack, SU, Dragon Maid, Zelda, Overwatch, Jojo, and RWBY. I don't want to go broke from buying shares, I'm not a stock trader. I have no knowledge in buying and selling shares.

This is going to lead to the Great Depression all over again or I'm going paranoid.

I increased my net worth by around 150% in just 30 minutes. Not only is this a really fun and exciting activity, but it's teaching me a lot about the stock market that I'd otherwise be clueless about. Shame it ends tomorrow. Can someone perpetuate this as its own site by then?

Can this become a legitimate thing for the site? It may be a joke but it's functional and interesting. It'll give people more incentive to visit more.

I invested in Tag a Friend and Don't Say Anything…

Last edited Apr 01, 2017 at 01:18AM EDT

Carrie Enright wrote:

Can this become a legitimate thing for the site? It may be a joke but it's functional and interesting. It'll give people more incentive to visit more.

I fully support. Should we make a thread rallying for this to continue in some form?

Carrie Enright wrote:

I would like to have this up for all of April actually. I mean, this is sorta educational, as it's teaching and having people practice stock trading. I was thinking of having a sorta similar joke system based on the credit system from the Black Mirror episode "Nosedive" for sorta around just a week, so things would not get too chaotic. (Don is probably the only one who is going to get what I'm talking about).

I feel like the people who got in tonight are going to be set when their share they bought for 25 coin are going to be worth hundreds tomorrow (depending on how the system works) Two of my shares have doubled in an hour.

fuck drumpf #impeach45 wrote:

The market is going rough, it's more selling than buying. 9:29PM was the most bought.

I buy my shares into the popular image galleries. They going good as far. My advice even if I'm not a stock trader is to sell the shares when the price is dropping to a large amount. If the price is raising, keep it there.

Rivers said:

I hadn’t accounted that the more people put into a stock, the more expensive it’d be to buy that stock. Thus, once stocks get more expensive, you need to sell.

>tfw the mods openly advocate pumping and dumping
brb calling the Meme Exchange Commission right now

Got 3 stocks invested in there. Dragons are doing well, but watch out with investing into overpriced Dragon Maid anime, instead look at Dragon Dildos which is still sitting at bottom prices.

Last edited Apr 01, 2017 at 09:08AM EDT

The meme markets opened today and despite the Australian government's recent ad campaign to attract interest in Simpson shitposting outside of the domestic markets, Analysts were correct in their predictions that Donald Trump , Super Robo Jesus and recent controversies such as Nick Robinson "Krystal From Star Fox" Controversy would gain more interest in the markets than simpsons shitposting.

Last edited Apr 01, 2017 at 09:19AM EDT

I'm quite surprised that no one has yet to invest in Jojo References yet. Considering it's pollution on the comments section. That being said. Invest in more Jojo! Za Warudo needs your money!

Wait, it's temporary??? There goes my masterplan to become the Number one meme tycoon

DRAGON DILDOS IS HEADING ROCK BOTTOM EVERYONE OVERBOARD

GamerGate went from 1 to 12 in a few minutes. Wish i hadn't sold that Second stock i had now.
Meh, still got profit for the first one.

Last edited Apr 01, 2017 at 10:28AM EDT

Are you guys seeing this?
A fucking small-scale controversy somehow is worth 40 kym coins!
I dunno whether to be impressed or dissappointed, I just know that I was lucky to have invested in it at a price of 11 coins

Bilbo Swaggins wrote:

Are you guys seeing this?
A fucking small-scale controversy somehow is worth 40 kym coins!
I dunno whether to be impressed or dissappointed, I just know that I was lucky to have invested in it at a price of 11 coins

What can I say? People really wanna fuck Krystal…

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!