Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Remakes or Reboots that are good or better than the original movies

Last posted Jan 31, 2018 at 09:54PM EST. Added Jan 28, 2018 at 07:04AM EST
12 posts from 8 users

Normally remakes or reboots aren't that good like the original movies
but sometimes there comes a remake or reboot that makes things better then the original.
Post movies you think are good remakes or movies that are better than the original
Good Remakes/Reboots
The Michael Bay remakes or The Hitcher, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th are pretty soild movies. Of course they aren't as good as the Original but still works for it own.

Remakes that are better then the original
The Hills have Eyes is an example for this. The movie is more violent and gritty than the original
Scarface I haven't seen the 1936 original but its known as the one of the best Mafia/Gangster movie off all time

So what are yours?

xTSGx wrote:

The Mummy (1999). I don't even think anyone knows there was both a 1932 version and a 1940 "reboot" that started a four film long franchise through the 40s.

Quietly raises hand.

Ryumaru Borike wrote:

Wait, that was a remake? Where's the original then?

The reason for the remake was that John Carpenter was a big fan of the original, but acknowledged it's flaws and saw it as great grounds for a remake, both out of ironing out said flaws and out of passion

Last edited Jan 29, 2018 at 04:45PM EST

2008's The Incredible Hulk was way better than the 2003 Hulk movie (which, aside from hammy Nick Nolte moments, was a pretty boring movie).

The Coen Brothers remake of True Grit was actually just as good as the original, if not better, IMO.

Not all will agree with this one but I think I liked the 2001 remake of Ocean's 11 more than the 1960 original. I mean don't get me wrong the Rat Pack original with Sinatra and the like has its charms, but for some reason I like the version with George Clooney more.

Smiley Dog wrote:

The reason for the remake was that John Carpenter was a big fan of the original, but acknowledged it's flaws and saw it as great grounds for a remake, both out of ironing out said flaws and out of passion

Fun fact
in the original Halloween you can see the kids laurie babysits, watching the original The Thing

House on Haunted Hill
everybody kinda hates this one even if its better then the 1959 original
even that it had Vincent Price (the remake made a reference by name a character Steven H. Price) and of course it had this here

but the remake was more gritty and violent and had Jeffrey Combs

@Ryumaru

the original The Thing came from 1951

Last edited Jan 30, 2018 at 11:22AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!