Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Love Death and Robots (and adult animation anthology from Netflix)

Last posted May 10, 2019 at 09:33AM EDT. Added Apr 15, 2019 at 09:03AM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

I just finished watching Netflix's "Love Death and Robots" adult animation anthology, and all I can say is that I am still processing that.

Opinions on it are certainly divided with some people calling it masterful, the worst thing ever, and everything between. It runs into the problem that most anthologies do in that quality is not very consistent between installments. When it is good, it is very good, when it is bad it is very bad, and more often than not it can be called

So I'm putting this up to hear opinions from anyone else here who might have seen it. At the very least it is definitely something I am going to remember, strange series that it is. If you haven't seen it and are wondering if it wouldn't be too hard for you to watch, it's on about Elfin Lied levels of family friendly.

My least favorite was "Shape-Shifters", which was just plain stupid in every dimension.

My favorite was the apparently quite divisive "Good Hunting".

Last edited Apr 15, 2019 at 09:21AM EDT

I feel that a tie between Alternate Histories and Three Robots is my favorite of the shorts.

For Alternate Histories, I like how they decided to forego a bit of realism and went all out on the alternate timelines like the one where Rats take over and then squids take over. Many if all the ways Hitler is killed is hilarious and so is the effects of his death. Not gonna lie though, the idea of weaponized gelatin is horrifying.

Three Robots has a lot of potential as a full series. Having three robots explore the Earth after humanity has been wiped out has lots of potential. Can’t really say much more about it.

It seems you prefer the comedy segments. "Three Robots" to me seemed to have a bit of a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy feel to it.

As for expanding a short into a full series, I think I'd like to see that done with "Good Hunting" as the way I see it,

It'd make a pretty good superhero origin story.
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!