Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,267 total conversations in 494 threads

+ New Thread

Could KnowYourMeme benefit from Brave Browser's Basic Attention Token?

Last posted Apr 06, 2022 at 11:24PM EDT. Added Apr 05, 2022 at 02:28AM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

I wanna support KnowYourMeme but I don't wanna be subjected to the invasive advertisements. Has anyone heard of Brave Rewards? I understand there's a negative/skeptical view of cryptocurrency in this community, for good reason. However, I think the overall premise can work.

It's part of Brave Browser. In exchange for less-obtrusive ads, you get paid "BAT" and can tip your favorite sites/creators anonymously.
Not trying to be a shill either, just offering and asking your opinion on this site's potential revenue source.

Brave did kind of give me my KYM experience back. So many ads and bullshit that the site wouldn't even load on mobile. Brave's native ad and tracker blocking has hauled ass in ways I couldn't get Firefox with extensions to do for me.

Funny you mention Brave since I have been using this browser since the beginning of the year. I replaced Chrome since I heard some rumors about enforcing some sites to run ads regardless of what extensions installed. I’m not sure if this is true, but I took chances and installed Brave. One nice thing about Brave is that it converts your previous browser’s bookmarks, account info, and extensions to make the conversion seamless.

The Brave awards you mention is completely optional and allows you to even limit the amount of ads by hourly as well as setting the new tab BG to its original selection. I mention that since Brave really likes to promote bitcoins, especially NFTs.

I accumulate nearly 5 BAT for the past 2 months. But I’m not sure how to actually collect bitcoin or properly secure it. In addition, BAT fluctuates on its value from close to the USD$ to a third of USD$. I don’t know how much a handful of changes could affect the site, But if it makes the site less horrid for nonusers, then I think it might be worth a shot.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!