Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,512 total conversations in 1,712 threads

+ New Thread


Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
Image Removal Queries

Last posted Dec 17, 2022 at 04:43PM EST. Added Dec 10, 2014 at 03:34PM EST
65 posts from 32 users

Use this thread if you have any queries about images that have been removed without any, or seemingly inadequate, reasons given. Be sure to link the image in question within the thread so that we understand which image you mean, and a mod should be able to get back to you a soon as we can. And remember, remain civil, nothing good comes from arguing.

Last edited Dec 11, 2014 at 12:31AM EST

Heya! Thanks for the thread. I've got a couple things I'd like clarified.

First off, is there an 'expiration date' on warnings? I was suspended at the beginning of this week because I had been warned "multiple times" about uploading 'irrelevant' images to galleries (namely, of course, the Gamergate entry). However, looking back through my email notifications, the only warnings I find were from November 15 and October 21. Given that 'relevancy' is a pretty subjective thing to begin with, it seems a little frustrating that those warnings can build up over such a long period of time and result in a suspension.

Second, I was wondering about why tweets seem to be disallowed in the Gamergate image gallery. Even significant ones relating to important events/people in the hashtag go 404, on multiple occasions. Given that the Gamergate entry is about the meme, and I would imagine a big part of that to be the Twitter hashtag from which a lot of the meme's spread occurs, wouldn't tweets be relevant? Plenty of other entries on this website have tweets in their image galleries.


So, I guess I'll just jump in to this:
Can we discuss what counts as relevant to the Gamergate entry? I feel that so far the mods have been a little inconsistent, which is damaging to the image uploaders, so I'd like to come to something definitive here.

In my opinion: the Gamergate entry is of course about the 'meme' of GG. So, there's a couple things involved in that meme, since it's quite a big one. The journalism stuff, debates of ethics and whatnot. That's one thing. That includes the actions of people involved in the ethics debate, correct? Journalists, devs, consumers. What they say in regards to the debate, including their social media posts, I believe, count in this.

The other would be video gaming, I understand that Vivian has her own entry, but there's still a bit of overlap there (and I recall reading somewhere that images are allowed in multiple galleries if they are accurate to both).


Okay, so after all that, I just have one last question: why so much micromanagement on this particular entry? The image gallery for GG is already extremely small given the activity of the entry. It's not like the GG gallery is getting flooded with crap or anything, it's pretty mellow. Just maybe 10 images a day at most, usually barely half that. Compare that to many of the other 'fandom' entries like FNaF, Korra, MLP, those things are filled with random stuff all day.

I understand that GG is a hot topic, and needs to be handled with care. But, I feel that currently the moderating team is being very restrictive of it for vague reasons. I'd like these to be discussed in detail, so that everyone involved knows the boundaries.

Thank you!

First off, is there an ‘expiration date’ on warnings? I was suspended at the beginning of this week because I had been warned “multiple times” about uploading ‘irrelevant’ images to galleries (namely, of course, the Gamergate entry). However, looking back through my email notifications, the only warnings I find were from November 15 and October 21. Given that ‘relevancy’ is a pretty subjective thing to begin with, it seems a little frustrating that those warnings can build up over such a long period of time and result in a suspension.

Warnings aren't necessarily given each time you did something wrong. So just because there was so much time inbetween your warnings and the suspension, doesn't necessarily mean you didn't do anything wrong during that period.

Of course old warnings and suspensions can become 'outdated', but when this is varies per offense. A month isn't really long enough to make an old warning irrelevant. And besides, in cases with old warnings over fairly minor offenses we normally only suspend for a few days. A few days don't really hurt a person that much.

Second, I was wondering about why tweets seem to be disallowed in the Gamergate image gallery. Even significant ones relating to important events/people in the hashtag go 404, on multiple occasions. Given that the Gamergate entry is about the meme, and I would imagine a big part of that to be the Twitter hashtag from which a lot of the meme’s spread occurs, wouldn’t tweets be relevant? Plenty of other entries on this website have tweets in their image galleries.

Because various Tweets don't always make it clear that they're about GamerGate. A random tweet making fun of SJWs isn't about Gamergate, but they get uploaded to there anyways (we have a Social Justice entry). If the upload itself is blurry in how much it’s related, explain what it shows through the entry notes. The whos and whats can save uploads that at first glance seem unrelated but at further research are not.

And if a tweet got removed, just bring it up here. Explain why it's related, and if your reasons are solid we'll see if we can find it back and will reactivate it.


That includes the actions of people involved in the ethics debate, correct? Journalists, devs, consumers. What they say in regards to the debate, including their social media posts, I believe, count in this.

Yes, they do. But those people still have a life alongside GamerGate, and what they do outside of GamerGate is unimportant. So any random social media post, or piece aimed to slander the person, doesn't necessarily have to be related to Gamergate. If their actions are indirectly related to something that happened in Gamergate, it's related. But like I said before, if this is vague make use of the notes to avoid unnecessary image removals.

The other would be video gaming, I understand that Vivian has her own entry, but there’s still a bit of overlap there (and I recall reading somewhere that images are allowed in multiple galleries if they are accurate to both).

Pretty much. If it's just Vivian, then yeah just keep it in the Vivian entry. If the image is dominantly about Gamergate (so with for example Vivian being just a small part of a bigger image), then the Gamergate entry is smarter. With equal attention you can use both galleries.


why so much micromanagement on this particular entry? The image gallery for GG is already extremely small given the activity of the entry. It’s not like the GG gallery is getting flooded with crap or anything, it’s pretty mellow. Just maybe 10 images a day at most, usually barely half that. Compare that to many of the other ‘fandom’ entries like FNaF, Korra, MLP, those things are filled with random stuff all day.

As Gamergate started to see KYM as useful, we were unwillingly somewhat dragged into this 'war' and dubbed an ally. This hurts your credibility as a neutral source, and we don't want to be on any side. So we kinda want to avoid becoming a GG Personal Agenda / Evidence Pool.

Also Fandom entries don't require much to have an image related. If it uses the characters of the show, it's pretty much related. People don't often fall out of line there and irrelevant images barely get uploaded, making the images we do remove mostly unnoticeable. Gamergate on the other hand has been having this issue constantly, and pro-GG has a more common tendency to disagree with removed images (and making a scene out of it), so you easily notice it.

I feel that currently the moderating team is being very restrictive of it for vague reasons.

Perhaps, which is why we're creating threads like this, to try and remove that grey area.

Last edited Dec 13, 2014 at 07:41AM EST

AugustDay wrote:

I recall reading somewhere that images are allowed in multiple galleries if they are accurate to both.

Since I feel like this is going to be a reoccurring issue, I agree with what RandomMan said, but I'll try to expand on it. The problem is equal relevancy. An image with two memes in it that we have pages for say, for instance a DickButt Crossguard Lightsaber would be equally relevant in either of those two galleries. While Lightsabers are a part of Star Wars as well, since Crossguard Light Saber is a specific submeme of Star Wars, it shouldn't go there, as it is not equally relevant. People will see that image there and likely proceed to upload future variants to the main gallery and ignore the existing exact gallery.

Likewise, related subcultures that have different pages ideally should not be combined. Star Fox images that have nothing to do with Smash Brothers should go into the Star Fox Gallery. Mario Kart images should not be in the Super Mario gallery but the Mario Kart one. Of course, now you start to see the problem. There is a lot of overlap in these materials sometimes. We try to make sure things are relevant, but sometimes it's not easy.

Also, if you do feel an image has be incorrectly moved, which does happen sometimes, PM one of the media mods.We may not be as familiar with the source material as the uploader and do make mistakes. And other mods, feel free to edit/reply to this post if you disagree with part of it.

How did this image get taken down, which was placed in the 'Die Cis Scum' gallery

It was sourced and thoroughly tagged, and should be relevant to ‘Die Cis Scum’ because there is a joke going around the internet referring the phase to the Droid Army (see examples in the source of the image detailed in the notes). It is possible that I accidentally deleted it myself but it's quite unlikely. I have re-uploaded the image again on the presumption that I must of made a mistake/a few fast misclicks, but also put down a detailed note for the mods to read just in-case the mods did delete this. If the explanations are valid, could be explore other options then deletion, such as moving it to the 'Star Wars' gallery or to not gallery at all.

UPDATE: Over fear of possible suspension over re-uploading repeated possible rule breaking images, I deleted the 2nd version and uploaded a 3rd version being a screenshot of the whole tumblr post to make the context more visible

3rd Re-Uploaded image here: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/881113-die-cis-scum

Last edited Dec 16, 2014 at 12:39AM EST

↑ context is always good. Without context it can look like you're just adding a deadpool or +1 confirm to a gallery. I'm not an image moderator, but that 3rd image helps support the article way better and that's the point of the media galleries, to help support the article. Thread screen caps are also welcomed as well.

vulcanr wrote:

Hello

Why was this image deleted? https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/899873-super-smash-brothers

If an image gets removed, don't just re-upload it. That will get you suspended or banned.

Anyways, I'll try to get the mod in here that removed it, but basically it probably wasn't covering enough and you didn't include the source [link]. There's a rule that pubes can't be showing, but in spirit of that, your image could have pubes showing if they were there. Our rules are slightly more strict over NSFW images when compared to your average image booru [example].

Last edited Jan 20, 2015 at 10:46AM EST

I'll just repost what I put into another thread as I forgot we had this thread to begin with (sorry).

Hey I just noticed that a few pictures I uploaded recently to the Body Inflation gallery got removed without a reason being given as to why. I know right off the bat these three were removed:

Demon Queen of Gluttony by Metalforever

Rayman Legends Bubble Butt Ursula by Grimphantom [NSFW]

Butt Inflation Ursula and Estelia by grimphantom [NSFW]

All three fit into the context of the gallery, and none of them needed to be censored prior to uploading. Plus I'm going to be very frank and say I've seen galleries like "Anime" and "Hentai Quotes" get away with posting worse than over-inflated behinds. I can't tell yet if any more got up and removed from me, but I do have another user (NOT Gaben) also saying he got artwork that was fine to post under the NSFW banner removed, also without any reason given by a mod.

I'm in the same boat as Ms. Fortune. I recently added (and planned on adding more) pictures that fit the NSFW guidelines by being censored and met the entry criteria yet they were still removed. There is a picture that is currently still up that shows full on lower nudity and it boggles my mind how that even works. Even my fully clothed image was removed. Isn't this kind of stuff that the NSFW button was added for? I'm rather frustrated by this.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 07:58PM EST

@Ms. Fortune

I agree that we might’ve jumped the gun a bit. Should’ve PM’d you alongside it so yeah my apologies to not inform you properly, my bad.

We went over it with some mods, and we agreed that that entry is about inflation. Could be me, but I don’t see how being morbidly obese or having cup ZZZ breasts makes an image inflation. You’re free to convince me otherwise of course, I’m not into the fetish so I could be wrong but yeah I don’t see how some of those images match the topic.

Your Ursula images were probably wrongly deleted, my bad. But your Demon Queen image is just the same anime character, except obese. Dunno how that makes it inflation. Inflation fetish =/= fat fetish.

Also if you go to the upload page I added an upload note to it so this should help in the future.


@knyack

There is a picture that is currently still up that shows full on lower nudity and it boggles my mind how that even works

That isn't supposed to be there and we probably missed it. Mods aren't exactly standing in line to check out that gallery.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 08:25PM EST

I recently added (and planned on adding more) pictures that fit the NSFW guidelines by being censored and met the entry criteria yet they were still removed.

Censored porn is still porn. Slapping something over the nipples doesn't make it SFW.

Even my fully clothed image was removed.

The nipples were totally visible. It may be a NSFW entry but there is a limit.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 08:27PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

@Ms. Fortune

I agree that we might’ve jumped the gun a bit. Should’ve PM’d you alongside it so yeah my apologies to not inform you properly, my bad.

We went over it with some mods, and we agreed that that entry is about inflation. Could be me, but I don’t see how being morbidly obese or having cup ZZZ breasts makes an image inflation. You’re free to convince me otherwise of course, I’m not into the fetish so I could be wrong but yeah I don’t see how some of those images match the topic.

Your Ursula images were probably wrongly deleted, my bad. But your Demon Queen image is just the same anime character, except obese. Dunno how that makes it inflation. Inflation fetish =/= fat fetish.

Also if you go to the upload page I added an upload note to it so this should help in the future.


@knyack

There is a picture that is currently still up that shows full on lower nudity and it boggles my mind how that even works

That isn't supposed to be there and we probably missed it. Mods aren't exactly standing in line to check out that gallery.

Well in the entry we agreed that "weight gain" should be listed as a sub-category, and that weight gain pictures should be fine for the gallery. I will grant that yes the difference between "weight gain" and "BBW" (which I'm assuming would fit better for Internet Paraphilas as there's no article for "fat fetishism") can be a thin line (no pun intended this time), but I figured "well hey if this character is NORMALLY thin but the artwork is showing them as fat, then that certainly feels like 'weight gain' artwork."

Now as for the "mega oppai" stuff, okay I admit maybe some don't fit actual inflation, but I'm honestly not sure where else to place them. Now some like that gif I uploaded from that Russian music video, that was the result of inflation (if you watch the video in question), and some character like Matsu-sensei's cow girl "Mattie" is a character whose breasts often inflate with milk due to the whole "cow girl" aspect, so I feel most most any picture of her counts as breast expansion due to this aspect of the character. But yeah like I said, where else would "ZZZ" cup breasts go aside from some form of bodily expansion? (even Beshine, a real life pron star with XXX cups [trust me she did that on purpose], got that way via real life expansion through plastic surgery)

Anyway I just noticed another picture from another user is missing that fit the context of the gallery. This picture of CIa [NSFW] made by the artist "RiddleAllinea" was removed despite it not only fitting the gallery, but it was under a NSFW banner like it should be. Not only that but another piece of art from this artist, this art of Risky Boots is still up just fine.

Yeah methinks you guys got too trigger happy deleting stuff that fits into the gallery. I have this fetish so trust me I know what I'm talking about (not trying to sound "high and mighty" but I'm just saying, as someone with this fetish I do understand it quite highly).

Loli wrote:

I recently added (and planned on adding more) pictures that fit the NSFW guidelines by being censored and met the entry criteria yet they were still removed.

Censored porn is still porn. Slapping something over the nipples doesn't make it SFW.

Even my fully clothed image was removed.

The nipples were totally visible. It may be a NSFW entry but there is a limit.

"Slapping a censor over the nipples doesn't make it SFW" Doesn't seem to stop other photos like it to still be allowed to exist on the site. I can guarantee that there are pictures on here that just has a censored bar over the tits.
"Censored porn is still porn." By that logic then the whole SFW Pr0n entry should still be considered porn even though it's censored to be SFW. Or other images in the Hentai Quotes gallery that are censored.
"The nipples were totally visible." Going back to the censor bar thing, there are many images in the gallery and other gallery's that show nipples poking through clothing. They're still up.

If I need to I can just put a whole long censor bar over the boobs instead of just 2 squares over the nipples.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 09:10PM EST

Doesn’t seem to stop other photos like it to still be allowed to exist on the site. I can guarantee that there are pictures on here that just has a censored bar over the tits.

Report them here.

By that logic then the whole SFW Pr0n entry should still be considered porn even though it’s censored to be SFW.

Except that's the joke of the entry. I should've be more clear in that point. Ahem.

"Inflation" doesn't necessarily involve naked breasts all the time. The image gallery is to provide examples of said subculture, though, is a potential dump ground for borderline stuff (like censored naked breasts, see-through nipples and so on). We are not e621.

Is better play it safe by uploading SFW images (I mean covered images, no nipples and that stuff) rather than uploading bordeline stuff.

If I need to I can just put a whole long censor bar over the boobs instead of just 2 squares over the nipples.

Like I said, it would be better if you upload SFW stuff rather than bordeline stuff. You won't have to deal with us and you are still contributing to the entry.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 09:55PM EST

Sorry for my personal confusion, so how does this work? Will the images I mentioned be reinstated as they were, or do I have to just reupload them? (apologies in advance if I just sound too impatient for RandoMan's response)

Also I read over this:

"Please remember that images uploaded to this gallery have to be related to the topic of inflation. This means that images about obesity or enlarged body parts are not related and therefore should not be uploaded."

As I said, I thought we agreed that weight gain art is fine for this gallery because other mods agreed "Weight gain" did not need a separate entry. Also "enlarged body parts" uh… that's too vague. You realize a lot of inflation art just involves "enlarged body parts" right? This makes it sound like you're asking solely for "full body inflation" (aka WIlly Wonka style), and that's really limiting the gallery.

Sorry but I have to say it, I get the feeling you guys really don't understand this topic enough to handle it. =\

Here is a direct passage from the NSFW guidelines thread from when it was last updated:

"NSFW (not safe for work) content images containing partial or censorednudity, miscellaneous shock content, special cases of cyberbullying andother content deemed inappropriate by the editor or community manager. Content that fallswithin these areas needs to be properly tagged in order for it to be allowed. Examples of NSFW that is allowed:

partial or censored nudity / sufficiently obscured (example / example #2)
sexually explicit language, gestures, expressions (example / example #2)
racist, sexist or homophobic content only if it is essential
fetish, gross or shock imageries that aren’t porny, violent or gory (example)
extreme cyberbullying: personally identifiable information or defamation of minor subjects (example /example #2 / example #3)

When it comes to nudity, images are OK as long as it’s something that can be seen on a summer’s day. Images that include bathing suits, side boob, cleavage, but would still be okay to walk around with outside in public during the summer are ok and just need a NSFW tag. This still means no genitals and no sexual activities"

By those rules, our images were and still are allowed. Unless these rules have been redacted then our images are still fair game and fall under the NSFW Guidlines.
I'm honestly not trying to be high and might like Fortune stated but these are the rules and we were following them. If I'm missing something please inform me so I can get my info correct.

Last edited Feb 15, 2015 at 10:41PM EST

We've been talking for a few weeks about expanding on the NSFW guidelines, they're too vague and our definition is starting to become more specific. At the moment, though, the primary guideline is basically to cover nipples and genitals. Exposed nudity, full or censored (and by censored, we mean like, black bar over nipples and genitals type censor, sfw'd porn would be ok but it also falls under another exception I'll get to) is not allowed. Nipples or genitals showing through clothing is also questionable, but until we agree on something it's on a case-by-case basis. Something like a topless back shot, which doesn't show anything explicit, but is admittedly still nude is usually okay.

Of course, there is an exception: "in the extreme case where it is absolutely necessary for documentation". Images for Daily Dose are on the site under this exception, and SFW'd porn could be considered to operate under this – X-rated images must still be admin-approved before even being uploaded, however. The important thing here is that it must be necessary for documentation – there's plenty of inflation fetish that can be found without violating guidelines.

As I said, I thought we agreed that weight gain art is fine for this gallery because other mods agreed “Weight gain” did not need a separate entry.

Excuse me but where is that discussion as I don't remember it.

Also, weight gain reads to me that they're actually gaining the weight in the GIF or comic. Again: Fat fetish =/= Expansion. That's also how I read the description in the entry, as the subject actually gaining a large amount of weight in a short amount of time.

Also “enlarged body parts” uh… that’s too vague.

Because I found "extreme oppai" or "extreme pregnancy" too vague and stupid to put there.

Now as for the “mega oppai” stuff, okay I admit maybe some don’t fit actual inflation, but I’m honestly not sure where else to place them

Not uploading it is also an option you know. There's plenty of stuff we don't have entries for and thus isn't something to upload to KYM. Just because this time it's about the thing that gets you hard, doesn't mean this should get a free pass. We're not a fetish dump.

(even Beshine, a real life pron star with XXX cups [trust me she did that on purpose], got that way via real life expansion through plastic surgery)

Now you're just desperately looking for loopholes.

Will the images I mentioned be reinstated as they were, or do I have to just reupload them?

I'll take care of them later today. Just some, not all. Seriously what's up with people feeling the need these images must be on KYM.

Yeah methinks you guys got too trigger happy deleting stuff that fits into the gallery.

Tbh, if it was up to some mods, that gallery was long locked and we'd be done with it. We're going out of our way here so you guys can simply have an open gallery albeit with restrictions.

We give you an inch, don't take a yard.

Last edited Feb 16, 2015 at 04:45AM EST

I already sent a message so I won't reply to that whole thing here, but my next question is this:

Why not just MOVE the fat fetish images to the internet paraphilia gallery? I mean yeah that IS an option after all, I don't know why deleting them was somehow the first thing ya'll decided to just up and do to those images specifically.

The important thing here is that it must be necessary for documentation – there’s plenty of inflation fetish that can be found without violating guidelines. True but wouldn't you want to document the best examples? The only way to do this is to manually censor them so that they are SFW and safe to post up. This way we can document MORE images and add more than just fat cartoon girl pictures.
Yes Random, we know that this site is not a fetish dumping ground, but this particular entry is. Shouldn't we be able to upload pictures that apply to the entry as long as their relevant to the entry? If the fat is too much unrelated then maybe we could make it its own entry since there are clearly enough examples to warrant it. It should still be fine though since by gaining weight you are technically expanding your body. That's just a technicality though.
I guess the main line is that, the images were censored and broke no rules. Even done manually you couldn't see what was behind the black box could you? The image was still hidden was it not?
That's all.

True but wouldn’t you want to document the best examples?

No, not really. We only want examples to prove the existence of the subculture through the internet. That's all.

The only way to do this is to manually censor them so that they are SFW and safe to post up. This way we can document MORE images and add more than just fat cartoon girl pictures.

The day we turn into a porn site "for the sake of research" I'll deactivate. This site is meant to be SFW and we are going to keep it that way.

Yes Random, we know that this site is not a fetish dumping ground, but this particular entry is.

No, it is not. You see, our purpose is documentation. We have no interest in festish images beyond that.

We are not e621. If you want to see more of that stuff go and search it yourself. We are not your personal fap folder.


Why not just MOVE the fat fetish images to the internet paraphilia gallery?

Fair enough, we can do that for now. As long the gallery is not used as a dump ground there won't be any problems.

But don't get us wrong; if we have to delete, we will delete.

Last edited Feb 16, 2015 at 05:08PM EST

Dreamworks wrote:

It was a repost of this image

Ah, thanks. I didn't see that one when I combed the gallery for possible previous uploads and replied to this thread. I think I did see it after I posted mine (I was pretty tired at the time), but the difference in quality and other elements on that image led me to think mine wasn't a repost. Then I guess I forgot about it. Sorry.

Apparently, this image got hidden but I looked at it and I didn't see any nipple bulges or cameltoes and it didn't seem that pornographic. All I see was a character taking off a shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. In fact, the Pokemon anime itself showed Lana taking off her shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. The only differences I've seen between the image and the anime was the level of detail. It probably got caught in the crossfire when a bunch of other images were hidden.

Cold Hard Crash wrote:

Apparently, this image got hidden but I looked at it and I didn't see any nipple bulges or cameltoes and it didn't seem that pornographic. All I see was a character taking off a shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. In fact, the Pokemon anime itself showed Lana taking off her shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. The only differences I've seen between the image and the anime was the level of detail. It probably got caught in the crossfire when a bunch of other images were hidden.

You don't need to have bulges for a picture to be considered NC, as the rules read (the picture is this btw):

Borderline NC content that may be considered explicitly sensual or provocative in nature or features a bodypaint-like clothing style.

This picture features a bodypaint-like swimsuit, which is already pushing it by the rules, but the fact that the character on the pic is a minor who has a child-like appearance makes it worse.

Also FYI, we've been talking about making the NSFW rules stricter, and given how the Sun and Moon is infested by this kind of pictures (lolicon nsfw) we'll probably have a purge in the gallery.

Z. wrote:

You don't need to have bulges for a picture to be considered NC, as the rules read (the picture is this btw):

Borderline NC content that may be considered explicitly sensual or provocative in nature or features a bodypaint-like clothing style.

This picture features a bodypaint-like swimsuit, which is already pushing it by the rules, but the fact that the character on the pic is a minor who has a child-like appearance makes it worse.

Also FYI, we've been talking about making the NSFW rules stricter, and given how the Sun and Moon is infested by this kind of pictures (lolicon nsfw) we'll probably have a purge in the gallery.

It ain't a bodypaint-like swimsuit. It's the same one in the games and the anime, there's just more detail but as far as I am aware it's just being able to see a belly button through clothing which is not NSFW at all. Sure she's stripping but that's hardly worse than this

Like we already made the NSFW rules as strict as they can go without going straight into PG where this image would have to be used.

Now I don't like this place being for a fap folder (Despite my amount of NSFW most of it is pretty low in comparison to most uploaded here with a few exceptions) and if you want to fap go straight to Danbooru but stuff from Safebooru should be allowed here and that clearly is from Safebooru.

EDIT: The fact that this isn't allowed means the mods today are on a power-trip. It's NSFW sure but touching the breasts (She's not even going for a full on hardcore grope, I've seen worse in Cross Ange and Kill la Kill for fuck sake) doesn't make this NC. Do you want to lose users just so we can go into the PG category? Remember the backlash Youtube got for doing that? You're doing the same thing and yet all of the mods were against it back then.

Last edited Jan 26, 2017 at 02:45PM EST

Mameme wrote:

It ain't a bodypaint-like swimsuit. It's the same one in the games and the anime, there's just more detail but as far as I am aware it's just being able to see a belly button through clothing which is not NSFW at all. Sure she's stripping but that's hardly worse than this

Like we already made the NSFW rules as strict as they can go without going straight into PG where this image would have to be used.

Now I don't like this place being for a fap folder (Despite my amount of NSFW most of it is pretty low in comparison to most uploaded here with a few exceptions) and if you want to fap go straight to Danbooru but stuff from Safebooru should be allowed here and that clearly is from Safebooru.

EDIT: The fact that this isn't allowed means the mods today are on a power-trip. It's NSFW sure but touching the breasts (She's not even going for a full on hardcore grope, I've seen worse in Cross Ange and Kill la Kill for fuck sake) doesn't make this NC. Do you want to lose users just so we can go into the PG category? Remember the backlash Youtube got for doing that? You're doing the same thing and yet all of the mods were against it back then.

Alright I think the images have come back. I retreat my position now.

Now I was unrelated to the deactivation and reactivation of the image (probably would've let them pass), but they do bring up a concern I'm noticing: Lolicons.

There is a worrying increase of people who upload more NSFW of underage characters (with underage physiques), and an even bigger increase of people who promote and justify it in the comments and downvote anyone speaking out their concerns. Perhaps something to look into.


Like we already made the NSFW rules as strict as they can go without going straight into PG where this image would have to be used.

That image relates to nothing in this issue because nothing got locked and enforcing site rules isn't power abuse. How about this image for you instead?

Do you want to lose users just so we can go into the PG category?

>"Lolicons might deactivate" is a threat now

Also your personal definition of PG is possibly a tiny bit very wrong.

but stuff from Safebooru should be allowed here and that clearly is from Safebooru.

Because Safebooru guidelines are the standard a memesite should follow? You're really awful at this, did you know that?

Last edited Jan 26, 2017 at 07:07PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

Now I was unrelated to the deactivation and reactivation of the image (probably would've let them pass), but they do bring up a concern I'm noticing: Lolicons.

There is a worrying increase of people who upload more NSFW of underage characters (with underage physiques), and an even bigger increase of people who promote and justify it in the comments and downvote anyone speaking out their concerns. Perhaps something to look into.


Like we already made the NSFW rules as strict as they can go without going straight into PG where this image would have to be used.

That image relates to nothing in this issue because nothing got locked and enforcing site rules isn't power abuse. How about this image for you instead?

Do you want to lose users just so we can go into the PG category?

>"Lolicons might deactivate" is a threat now

Also your personal definition of PG is possibly a tiny bit very wrong.

but stuff from Safebooru should be allowed here and that clearly is from Safebooru.

Because Safebooru guidelines are the standard a memesite should follow? You're really awful at this, did you know that?

I agree that it is Lolicon but it's still not that bad even for Lolicon. My use of PG was back in the 80s when it was used for some adult content before the PG-13 came into place. I know PG means "Practically G" now. There's also the fact that where I live (UK so not to different in terms of sexual stuff than America) Yoko Littner's outfit is actually considered PG over there as some episodes of Gurren Lagann with some of them having Yoko Littner in them are actually PG. I probably should of mentioned this in the comment. I don't really care anymore because the images are put back, I'm just trying to justify my argument. Also my reasoning for Safebooru guidelines is because the gallery's itself is very similar to Safebooru anyway and a lot of places use the sexual content of that particular website like some Reddit boards. (Not saying it should be exactly like Reddit, there's lots of toxic in a certain couple of boards that shouldn't spread around here)

My use of PG was back in the 80s when it was used for some adult content before the PG-13 came into place.

First, why would you do that? Why not use the definition we agree on now instead of the definition 30 years ago? That's like calling someone gay and expecting everyone to think you mean happy, except even worse.

Second… Ever seen Airplane!? It is a 1980 PG movie. One scene has a moment where a woman's breasts are clearly visible, right in front of the camera. Like, she stops in front of the camera and jumps some. This is your definition of PG.

I have other notes I could make, but I just don't understand why you'd use such a bad definition to make your argument. Like, as far as I can tell, PG as defined here seems looser than the NSFW guidelines we have right now.

Last edited Jan 27, 2017 at 01:01PM EST

I personally very strongly feel that the fact that someone would say

the mods today are on a power-trip.

Is very unfair and hurtful towards the current moderators. They're human beings on the other side of that screen, not the faceless Prude Police attempting to control everything. Tbh most of them don't give enough of a crap in the first place to go on a "power trip". If you got to know them as people you would realise how untrue this is.


On a second note, and I wish to direct this at all users, since this is the "Report Problems" forum: the word "lolicon" is wasei-eigo (Japanese portmanteaus made from English words) for "Lolita Complex". This has no other meaning than being a """polite""" term for one who is attracted to strongly childlike physicality i.e. a paedophile. Although it is euphemism, it still carries this meaning and this meaning alone. Any notion that it is "just an artstyle" is apologism and should be ignored. There is no "less bad" loli art. Attempting to quantify it is again, apologism.

I think we should ban all such art from the galleries, with zero exceptions. People like Miyazaki have spoken at length about this shit. We have an entry that describes what it is and its presence on the internet. That is all that is required here on this site. There are other places you could go on the net if you really needed to see such things. The End.

ballstothewall wrote:

I personally very strongly feel that the fact that someone would say

the mods today are on a power-trip.

Is very unfair and hurtful towards the current moderators. They're human beings on the other side of that screen, not the faceless Prude Police attempting to control everything. Tbh most of them don't give enough of a crap in the first place to go on a "power trip". If you got to know them as people you would realise how untrue this is.


On a second note, and I wish to direct this at all users, since this is the "Report Problems" forum: the word "lolicon" is wasei-eigo (Japanese portmanteaus made from English words) for "Lolita Complex". This has no other meaning than being a """polite""" term for one who is attracted to strongly childlike physicality i.e. a paedophile. Although it is euphemism, it still carries this meaning and this meaning alone. Any notion that it is "just an artstyle" is apologism and should be ignored. There is no "less bad" loli art. Attempting to quantify it is again, apologism.

I think we should ban all such art from the galleries, with zero exceptions. People like Miyazaki have spoken at length about this shit. We have an entry that describes what it is and its presence on the internet. That is all that is required here on this site. There are other places you could go on the net if you really needed to see such things. The End.

Ok but where should we make it not be Lolicon? The age of consent in the USA and UK which are the countries that have the most people around here (I'm assuming, if someone from the Mod team could correct me) has the age of consent of 16 to 18. So 16 up fictional characters allowed?
The only problem I see with this is stuff like Yoko Littner which is stated to be 14 and is already sexualized by the show itself.

YorShadow wrote:

Hey I accidentally removed my most upvoted image can someone please undo it?

Uh, there's really not a record of the image being removed if a user does it. If you have the URL code of the image we can do it without a problem though. (Best way I would suggest is go to your email and find one of the auto generated or "your image has just received it's X vote". Click on the image (this will give you a 404, but image mods can still see the image) and we can reactivate it without a problem.

Jill wrote:

Uh, there's really not a record of the image being removed if a user does it. If you have the URL code of the image we can do it without a problem though. (Best way I would suggest is go to your email and find one of the auto generated or "your image has just received it's X vote". Click on the image (this will give you a 404, but image mods can still see the image) and we can reactivate it without a problem.

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/697609-knowyourmeme
I got the link right here.

YorShadow wrote:

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/697609-knowyourmeme
I got the link right here.

And it's back.

Greetings and salutations.

I'd like to inform about the removal of a couple of NSFW uploads in the Darkstalkers gallery, despite that they've been up for months now and aren't really explicit (one kind of borders on that, but that's it).

These are the images in question:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/321/976/aee.jpg
(This one was given the reason "Topless" despite the fact that both ladies have their chests and nipples covered)

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/260/828/522.jpg
(This is the one that borders into explicit territory, but only by an artistic margin)

I await your response.

Kind regards, a fellow user.

Yeah I got my image in the hentai quotes gallery (the one with the girl saying babies are made by kissing) removed with no warning or given reason. Not even an email saying it was removed, I just noticed today that it wasn't there anymore.
I've had one of my images removed before but was given a reason and an email saying it was removed. This one's just disappeared.
I also notice that the last post made in this thread was 10 days ago and has no reply, and he even asked for one nicely, so if I don't get a reply in 4 or 5 days I'm just gonna start posting complaints on mod pages until I get an answer, and if they don't like it it's their own fault for not keeping track of the forums and notifying people when they delete images.

patriot712 wrote:

Greetings and salutations.

I'd like to inform about the removal of a couple of NSFW uploads in the Darkstalkers gallery, despite that they've been up for months now and aren't really explicit (one kind of borders on that, but that's it).

These are the images in question:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/321/976/aee.jpg
(This one was given the reason "Topless" despite the fact that both ladies have their chests and nipples covered)

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/260/828/522.jpg
(This is the one that borders into explicit territory, but only by an artistic margin)

I await your response.

Kind regards, a fellow user.

I'm not the remover but from what I was told the first image was removed on the basis of being tactical censorship and the 2nd one was too close to porn to fit within the site

BraveSirJimOfLawl wrote:

Yeah I got my image in the hentai quotes gallery (the one with the girl saying babies are made by kissing) removed with no warning or given reason. Not even an email saying it was removed, I just noticed today that it wasn't there anymore.
I've had one of my images removed before but was given a reason and an email saying it was removed. This one's just disappeared.
I also notice that the last post made in this thread was 10 days ago and has no reply, and he even asked for one nicely, so if I don't get a reply in 4 or 5 days I'm just gonna start posting complaints on mod pages until I get an answer, and if they don't like it it's their own fault for not keeping track of the forums and notifying people when they delete images.

Appartently it's been 5 days so a message should've been sent by now, but anyway looking at the image (assuming it's this) I can see why it was removed. Please refer to this guideline that you should've seen when you were uploading the image:

Your image was an entire page, which did not fit within the guidelines of the gallery

Now if you were to upload a cropped version of the image like this

the media mods prob will be cool with it

also if you want a faster response try discord, mods are on that all the time

Last edited Apr 16, 2018 at 02:59PM EDT

SEE YOU JUNE wrote:

Appartently it's been 5 days so a message should've been sent by now, but anyway looking at the image (assuming it's this) I can see why it was removed. Please refer to this guideline that you should've seen when you were uploading the image:

Your image was an entire page, which did not fit within the guidelines of the gallery

Now if you were to upload a cropped version of the image like this

the media mods prob will be cool with it

also if you want a faster response try discord, mods are on that all the time

Ew, discord
I actually did crop the original image, since about an inch's worth of the bottom of the page was taken up by her tits, but oh well. Thanks for the response at least.

Greetings, it's me again.

Today I woke up to see that my gallery was missing 2 uploads (it was 1.835 yesterday, but now it's 1.833).

Now, I'm not here to question why they were removed, because I didn't get the notifications that they were hidden, so I cannot tell which ones they were (this also happened a couple of times before, but those were recent uploads so I could actually tell which ones were missing).

I await your response, thank you.

Kind regards, a fellow user.

Hey! You must login or signup first!