Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,669 total conversations in 7,444 threads

+ New Thread

What's the deal with "airline food"?

Last posted Jan 18, 2016 at 01:54AM EST. Added Jan 18, 2016 at 12:20AM EST
4 posts from 4 users

No seriously, I've never heard the other part of that joke. Is there actually another half? And why is it specifically associated with stand-up comedy?

Note to mods: this is supposed to be a sh!tpost giving into the trend of all the “what’s up with” threads. Please do not ban me because there may or may not be people taking me seriously. Or change the thread name to “airline food fan club”. Or give me 20$.

Last edited Jan 18, 2016 at 12:48AM EST

Roy G. Biv wrote:

No seriously, I've never heard the other part of that joke. Is there actually another half? And why is it specifically associated with stand-up comedy?

Note to mods: this is supposed to be a sh!tpost giving into the trend of all the “what’s up with” threads. Please do not ban me because there may or may not be people taking me seriously. Or change the thread name to “airline food fan club”. Or give me 20$.

When you're in a plane you are influenced by certain things, motion, sound and (slightly) loss of pressure, this can cause you're brain to act differently and cause you to have motion sickness and jetlag.

With all these effect on you one that really stands out(not really) is the fact it can alter your sense of taste, it can cause the simplest of food to taste damn awful so airlines knowing this add certain chemicals and "spices" to their food, the effect is supposed to even out the effects of the flying but due to the fact most of the people are not effected by the plane they taste food as if it had been poisoned, while those who are under the effect of flying taste normal.

That why airline food taste odd
(I actually asked the pilot this when I went flying :^)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!