Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

83,643 total conversations in 7,437 threads

+ New Thread

Pronouns. What a painful, unbearable age we live in.

Last posted Feb 21, 2021 at 04:03AM EST. Added Feb 01, 2021 at 07:04PM EST
20 posts from 19 users

The fact that I have the option of using a substitute for a noun instead of saying a person's name over and over has become such a burden on my life.

Every day, I log onto the internets and see a random Twitter bio with listed pronouns and think to myself "My God, how far we have fallen as a society. Catering to the use of noun replacements. Absolute FUCKING sheep!"

That guy who said God created aging and death so life don't would become stationary on one horrible point of history maybe was right.

My preferred adjectives are honorable, based, and/or sexy. Use at least one when referring to me at all times.

Example: "That based Jack the Dipper has a killer personality, noticeable genitals, and a room-brightening smile to boot!"

Raises face from what appears to be a pile of cocaine, but is actually the shredded and ground remains of several lewds of Squigly that I printed out and have started snorting. My face is also covered in the powder.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS A ENGLISH?"

My face collapses back into the pile.

I honestly don't understand why you don't just number yourselves like us machines do.

There's currently 32 Soup Kings and we just refer to each other by model number.

Really, saves a lot of hassle since you just need to learn how to count to 48 and you're golden.

Honestly, simply learning to count to 57 is much easier than learning all these "he" and "she" wotsits.

Goddamn fleshbags can't even count up to 69, fucking useless.

TvTropesRuinedMyLife wrote:

"They" is plural, use "it" instead

"It" would the generic, were language rational. Unfortunately, language is more systematic than rational. The connotations of inhumanity associated with "it" are too strong.

KoimanZX wrote:

"It" would the generic, were language rational. Unfortunately, language is more systematic than rational. The connotations of inhumanity associated with "it" are too strong.

*…would be the generic…
I keep forgetting to type some words.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!