Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,092 total conversations in 681 threads

+ New Thread

Shitty comedians met with success.

Last posted Sep 22, 2014 at 02:18PM EDT. Added Sep 21, 2014 at 07:18PM EDT
15 posts from 9 users

When i see people like shane dawson, ijustine, rwj, smosh, pewdiepie and fred and then find out that they are making tons of money, i just grow a deep pain in my stomach for how much it depresses me.

I mean they aren't good which means they don't deserve the views they are getting.

This guy just sums up my hatred
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5QAHwTBdjw

Anyone else agrees?

Last edited Sep 21, 2014 at 07:19PM EDT

If a youtuber is getting lots of views, it has an audience. There are obviously people who like them out there, so it's not like they're making their money off nothing. Don't fit with your style of comedy =/= objectively bad. Hell, I like FineBros, which ain't exactly a well regarded opinion. I don't like any of those guys' videos really, but if they're popular, there's obviously people who like them, so what does it matter?

Twenty-One wrote:

If a youtuber is getting lots of views, it has an audience. There are obviously people who like them out there, so it's not like they're making their money off nothing. Don't fit with your style of comedy =/= objectively bad. Hell, I like FineBros, which ain't exactly a well regarded opinion. I don't like any of those guys' videos really, but if they're popular, there's obviously people who like them, so what does it matter?

Pretty much this

If I could add anything, it's that the audience may be wrong, but I'm not to judge, since it's heavily opinionated.

Particle Mare wrote:

Isn't Dane Cook typically regarded as the most overrated comedian in the history of ever?

No. He's regarded as one of the most reviled comedians in the history of ever. I don't think he deserves it, but whatever.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

No. He's regarded as one of the most reviled comedians in the history of ever. I don't think he deserves it, but whatever.

I don't think he completely deserves it either, he's a pretty good performer, but you can understand where people come from when you find out he has quite the tendency to steal his material from other comedians.

Random 21 that was the best response in the thread.

And i have something to reveal. You see i don't hate the youtubers/comedians i mentioned because it was all just a test. I used a bit of acting to attempt to lure them in (the kind that hate comedians just for being popular).And what my plan was, was to portray my character onto the first thread post and then show them this.

https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/serious-debate/topics/28462-the-jealousy-for-youtubers

I expected jealous idiots to crawl in from every corner but surprisingly you were all very mature people that didn't take this bullshit seriously.

Responses:

@0.9999…=1

You know you could've mentioned the thread i was about to, but okay.

@crimson locks

Why the hell did you apologise? There's being self-conscious and then there's french-kissing the enemy.

You saw the way my "character" behaved and they clearly don't deserve respect.

Last edited Sep 22, 2014 at 03:01AM EDT

sigh… most of these shitty comedians get most of their fame thanks to trolls and those people who keep updating their phones and shit to get the best product… sigh, good thing i don't watch half of these… :O i would end up brainwashed into thinking something horrible… like go to a store… :O what if i am one of those shitty comedians, good thing i don't use youtube… T.T they took off one of the amvs i created… so fuck them… imma resume my musick and shit… then what will they do… well? WHAT WILL THEY DO?!

0.9999...=1 wrote:

So let me see if I've got this right…
You ARE Warriorman, and you've returned just to draw attention to a point you made on a previous thread of yours?

Why?

you're right this was very petty.

i thought i would be humiliating jealous kids just for the fun of it.

but i created this account to reactivate my old account through my friend captain blubber. And once i do i will sort out the mess i created.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!