Forums / Discussion / Serious Debate

14,076 total conversations in 680 threads

+ New Thread

Unpopular opinion debate thread,

Last posted Dec 06, 2017 at 07:11PM EST. Added Nov 22, 2017 at 10:58PM EST
236 posts from 32 users

Kind of like a shitposting thread, but at the same time kind of serious. What I mean by this is that if you have a unpopular opinion go ahead and share it, BUT you have to present a reason why you think such a opinion and if you debate someone's unpopular opinion you have to present in not a asinine way.

Basically:
No berating a person as a individual (obvious)
No trying to redefine commonly used words to suite your needs. Sadly this happens often times in controversial subjects where rather than putting for a reason they try and redefine a word.
Don't go "I'm a expert in this" unless you have accreditation in said field; like don't say you're a expert in micro-biology unless you are actually a expert.
If you are going to post a reference to data on something if it is peer reviewed scientific journals go ahead; if it's say a random blogpost don't immediately pass it off as word of god. Sometimes you do run into blog posts (once in a blue moon) that have a damn good point, but often times most internet blogs are just that blogs and opinions.

I'll go first: I do agree that testosterone in men is in decline in the usa, but I don't think it's cause of one particular reason but rather multiple. For starters most of our economy isn't reliant on hard labor, like back in the day you would work in factories or work in construction; now though most jobs are either desk jobs or jobs like the service industry or such. Another is that women's taste in men change over time and men's taste in women over time. For example the size of breasts most men liked on women ten years ago was DD, now it's C. What women USED TO consider the ideal man body type wise was like Arnold Scharzenegger back when he was a body builder; nowadays the amount of muscle women like on men is drastically less. Nowadays what men and women want most of the time is a nice butt.

To which you would reply why you think that's bullshit and then you post a unpopular opinion.

Side note: don't post shit like "I think governmental corruption is bad" everyone thinks that so it's not a unpopular opinion.

Last edited Nov 22, 2017 at 11:19PM EST

It's good to have one of these, and I hope it doesn't devolve into off-track arguing or get locked. I'll start off with a small one:

I think xkcd is sort of overrated. I mean, a lot of the time it's funny (although lately it's gotten kind of stale), but a lot of the time it seems condescending, and it feels like the author soapboxes a little too hard. Additionally, the science-stroking gets old real fast. I like science as much as the next lad, but the "science is great" factor is pretty heavy-handed. Of course, it's one of those comics that's hilarious until the moment you disagree on something.

Unpopular Opinion 1) When a Serious Debate thread OP begins with "Kind of like a shitposting thread" you know you have something special

Unpopular Opinion 2) I think the Fedora memes have run their course and were never funny to begin with, as they were just used as ways to shut down opinions one might find "edgy" with a reply of "If you have an opinion, you look like this", but mostly because I could hardly voice displeasure towards certain aspects of religion without seeing this meme.

Edit:

Unpopular Opinion 3 Because I just saw a Tweet that activated the almond) Optimism is not synonymous with happiness and cynicism is not synonymous with sadness. People who are cynical are not lazy losers who don't want to try to improve their lives, they just approach life with a questioning and cautious outlook. In the same way people who are optimistic are not naive idiots ready to be tricked, they just approach life with a hopeful outlook. I feel like the teenagers who called themselves "Cynics" because they thought it made them look smarter are to blame for this one.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 12:14AM EST

@Ryumaru
I said it's probably going to have shitposting cause chances are a lot of people are probably just going to whore for upvotes.
UpvoteWhore#32423423, "I have a unpopular opinion; genital mutilation is bad" +200 upvotes

YourHigherBrainFunctions wrote:

@Ryumaru
I said it's probably going to have shitposting cause chances are a lot of people are probably just going to whore for upvotes.
UpvoteWhore#32423423, "I have a unpopular opinion; genital mutilation is bad" +200 upvotes

Ok, you joke, but given the past circumcision threads we've had, that sort of is an unpopular opinion here.

As long as it's not possible for children to be conceived, tubes tied or whatever, nothing is wrong with incest. I have that same instinct as you all to find it weird, but if we don't get sickly kids out of it then it's not really wrong in my book. It's not our job to prevent people from being weirdos.

I suppose there's a risk of younger people influenced into thinking its normal though, so perhaps the law should stick.

Genital mutilation should be inflicted to rapists and pedophiles.

The death penalty for proven criminals is good because they won't cost taxpayer money.

There shouldn't be words that only 1 specific race allowed to use. Either all allowed or all unallowed. This includes rap songs too. Most likely you know which word I mean: Nigger.

Baseless insults shouldn't be a free speech. Try to explain your opinion before using insults. This includes hand gestures. Yes, this is unpopular opinion since those people being encouraged to keep this behavior with a lot of upvotes.

Morality and philosophy as fields of study has become septic and cancerous. The basis of one's morality should be rooted in reality. If one's views shiver in fear of reality then it's obvious they are wrong.

What I mean by this is that if you're trying to explain why something about how a person acts but refuse to recognize the fact that humans are animals then you're refusing reality. Humans are greedy cause we're animals, humans are horny cause we're animals, humans are jealous of others cause we're animals, humans seek pleasure cause we're animals. Animals when presented with the choice of food or pleasure they starve to death every time. Is that not the same as how humans will sacrifice their long term well being for the sake of short term pleasure? And yet nearly every political group, philosophical belief, religious group, business, government and so forth refuses to recognizes the fact staring at them for the sake of pushing forth a agenda.

Communists fail to recognize the natural state of humanity isn't mutual collective. Capitalists fail to recognize that the natural state of greed is prolific unhindered squandering of resources. All animals will move into a area and squander it's resources until they reach the point at which they start running out. Most religions refuse to believe that humanity's true nature is unbridled degeneracy. That is why politicians are so wealthy, cause they force their morals and beliefs onto others with threat of prison or death; "If you don't follow my morals we'll kill you". That is why conflict and such still exist cause might not make you right, but it is extremely effective at forcing others to follow your morals.

"So you're saying we should all become amoral"
Not at all, rather that in order to base your beliefs in reality you must first accept that humans are animals and that nature is scary.

But humanity is collectivist. That's exactly how we got to where we are as a civilization. "Individualism" is just a modern meme. However, leftists fail to recognize that "equality" is also a meme, and is neither achievable nor desirable.

Garumbo wrote:

Genital mutilation should be inflicted to rapists and pedophiles.

The death penalty for proven criminals is good because they won't cost taxpayer money.

There shouldn't be words that only 1 specific race allowed to use. Either all allowed or all unallowed. This includes rap songs too. Most likely you know which word I mean: Nigger.

Baseless insults shouldn't be a free speech. Try to explain your opinion before using insults. This includes hand gestures. Yes, this is unpopular opinion since those people being encouraged to keep this behavior with a lot of upvotes.

You didn't give any reason for the first one.

Speaking of wich, being a pedophile doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Unless you're actually abusing kids you're not really a problem. And after what recently happened with Rurouni Kenshin's author… I mean, someone who makes a story as good-hearted and as understanding of good morals as Kenshin's can't possibly be that bad, right? Everyone is capable of both good and evil, after all.

Boy I'm sure this thread will be fun.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 06:48AM EST

I don't believe in the concept of "unpopular opinions" threads but I gotta respond to one thing in here. Many rightists fail to recognise, on the contrary, that just because equality is impossible doesn't mean there's no point trying to give the disadvantaged a more even hand in life.

See, I can generalise the "enemy side" as an "X-ist" to express my distaste for them too. :^)

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 07:23AM EST

>being a pedophile doesn’t necessarily make you a bad person.
If my friend got a mental illness like OCD, schizophrenia, agoraphobia, or into under-age girls then I would not tell him "It's okay, this is CY+3. It's normal, just live on." I would tell him to see a psychiatrist on the double, I would even drag him by the collar myself.

Having a psychosomatic illness is not the problem, the problem is ignoring, feeding it, and justifying it instead of fixing it. It is not even about bad or good any more, this is about a person being ill.

This includes sexual dysphoria (and deviancy of any kind); instead of fixing what is wrong with them psychologically, the liberals feed their mental illness because "freedom, liberty, individual rights", being misinterpreted, desecrated, rationalised to the extreme and turned them into a puddle of piss of a logic. This led to people taking pills regularly and mutilating their own healthy body. Does it seem healthy or good at all?

"Be true to yourself", oh my word. What a load of bollocks. True to self? Then be true to the entirety of yourself, your entire body, what you truly are, not just what is in your head.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 07:33AM EST

I would like you to explain further what you mean by "deviancy" and why you bring up sexual dysphoria in relation to that. I don't understand the connection between those two things.

Also, when you frame sexual transition as "mutilation", it increases stigma against transpeople. You need to understand that transitioning is one of the effective treatments. You're using a negative framework to downplay your disgust and as a way to mask your transphobia. Pretty disgusting tbh. You realise that stigma and fear of not being accepted is part of the reason why so many transpeople kill themselves, right?

We have a number of transpeople on this website. I would hate to think that they don't want to come here anymore because some users keep telling them to "stop mutilating themselves". It's absolutely sickening. Please explain to me why you feel this is acceptable behaviour for the userbase to engage in on any level.

@Eglamore
Very well. I will try to keep it short. I am not disgusted by trans, I am utterly disgusted by the "encouragements" which led to their current status. I believe society are treating people with gender dysphoria the wrong way.

No matter after how much surgeries or treatments, chromosomes do not lie, their bodies does not produce the hormones of their desired gender to the equal amount of the real person of their desired gender without special diets or medicines. And hormones of the opposing gender in large amount does the body harm.

The rash behaviour I displayed earlier is not the usual way I carry myself both here and in real life. I did so because:

1) The OP stated this is a half shitpost/serious debate and I did so.
2) This is the unpopular opinion thread so I figured I want to blow some steam. Was going to stop at first two paragraphs, but might as well do it.

I do not want any suicides, I want people to come to their senses. No matter how hard the reality is to take in. Not agree with the idea of this is treated akin to sieg heiling in the public and will get one slapped with labels, doxxed, threatened, etc. That is why I call out this out on its rubbish.

By the way. I do not go out of my way to single out people or anything, I have other matters to attend to unlike those alt-right bunches who really want them on the rope and spending time hunting them. The only things I have done "against" trans on this site or other sites are:

1) Not agreeing with their lifestyle and/or choices
2) Argued with a certain trans person on the other hotly debated thread on a certain topic which I will not visit again.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 08:00AM EST

Nothing against people who happen to have gender dysphoria, but why do some users keep advocating self-mutilation? It's absolutely sickening. Why would they feel like this is acceptable behavior for the userbase to engage in on any level?

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 08:01AM EST

>Not agreeing with their lifestyle or choices

But … why? What's the problem with it? All they want to do is present themselves as the gender opposite to that of their birth sex. There's no issue here. It doesn't negatively affect you in any conceivable way. It's just someone else's identity, dude.

BTW, "not agreeing with their lifestyle" is still transphobia. It's an active statement that you do not support the recognition of transpeople as human beings equivalent to yourself. They're already struggling with enough bullshit, do you think you are helping at all by making people feel bad for being trans in the first place?

Clownfish wrote:

>being a pedophile doesn’t necessarily make you a bad person.
If my friend got a mental illness like OCD, schizophrenia, agoraphobia, or into under-age girls then I would not tell him "It's okay, this is CY+3. It's normal, just live on." I would tell him to see a psychiatrist on the double, I would even drag him by the collar myself.

Having a psychosomatic illness is not the problem, the problem is ignoring, feeding it, and justifying it instead of fixing it. It is not even about bad or good any more, this is about a person being ill.

This includes sexual dysphoria (and deviancy of any kind); instead of fixing what is wrong with them psychologically, the liberals feed their mental illness because "freedom, liberty, individual rights", being misinterpreted, desecrated, rationalised to the extreme and turned them into a puddle of piss of a logic. This led to people taking pills regularly and mutilating their own healthy body. Does it seem healthy or good at all?

"Be true to yourself", oh my word. What a load of bollocks. True to self? Then be true to the entirety of yourself, your entire body, what you truly are, not just what is in your head.

Ignoring would be my preferred route to take, I'm afraid. I'd rather not think about it as long as you're not harming anyone or yourself. People can keep themselves in check on their own I'm sure of it.

I'll say this though, if anyone I knew thought of transitioning I'd immediately try to talk them out of it. To me, that counts as harming yourself, especially with the suicide rates these people have and how many regret doing it.

I also love how everyone ITT is getting downvoted. Lol.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 08:08AM EST

ballstothewall wrote:

I also love how everyone ITT is getting downvoted. Lol.

Yeah, gimme them red numbers boys!

> Whining about getting downvotes

lul

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 08:19AM EST

ballstothewall wrote:

>Not agreeing with their lifestyle or choices

But … why? What's the problem with it? All they want to do is present themselves as the gender opposite to that of their birth sex. There's no issue here. It doesn't negatively affect you in any conceivable way. It's just someone else's identity, dude.

BTW, "not agreeing with their lifestyle" is still transphobia. It's an active statement that you do not support the recognition of transpeople as human beings equivalent to yourself. They're already struggling with enough bullshit, do you think you are helping at all by making people feel bad for being trans in the first place?

>All they want to do is present themselves as the gender opposite to that of their birth sex.
And my friend just want to do a fart flamethrower (in case you did not know, if something goes wrong it will end in a horrible death) in science lab and jump down from 4th floor of the school building into a swimming pool. What kind of a terrible friend would I be if I did not stopped them (or at least persuaded them to only jumped from 2nd floor and jumped along with them).

>It’s just someone else’s identity, dude.
That is why I keep it to forum debates like this. I am not the man who shouts at transpeople every day on the subway.

>BTW, “not agreeing with their lifestyle” is still transphobia
Do you think of sick people as not human as well? Gender Dysphobia is a mental illness. Ill people are still ill people. People can get sick, people can be cured.

>They’re already struggling with enough bullshit
Which I am sure that a single person on the quiet meme website forum disagreeing with them is the least of their worries which they may or may not have brought upon themselves.

>Do you think you are helping at all by making people feel bad for being trans in the first place?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether they want to listen/read what I say to understand why I say/written so instead of listen/read to not understand but just to give a reply and call me a transphobic Hitler reincarnation.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 08:36AM EST

documents1 wrote:

As long as it's not possible for children to be conceived, tubes tied or whatever, nothing is wrong with incest. I have that same instinct as you all to find it weird, but if we don't get sickly kids out of it then it's not really wrong in my book. It's not our job to prevent people from being weirdos.

I suppose there's a risk of younger people influenced into thinking its normal though, so perhaps the law should stick.

I fully agree with you in the stance that nothing is wrong with incest. Might be some shady stuff about grooming to be concerned with with different-generation incest, but same-generation of similar ages is perfectly fine and has literally no downsides. I disagree, however, with the rest of what you're saying.

To say that you should force sterilization or abortion upon people who practice incest is, frankly, ludicrous. It's akin to saying you should force the sterilization or abortion of people with any hereditary disease. You might actually think "oh, that's a good idea actually", but from what I can find there are a lot of people with those. To say "Well, these people shouldn't be able to have kids because I find them defective" is, as you might realize, eugenics. When you start deciding who can and can't reproduce, things soon start going south.

The most confounding and, honestly, disturbing part of your statement was your proposition of saying that incest should remain illegal because kids might think it's normal. So what? Do you also believe homosexuality should be illegal? Foot fetishism? Wearing socks at the same time as sandals? Just because a majority of a population doesn't practice something doesn't mean it should be seen as wrong. Let people practice incest if they want to, they're not hurting anyone. It is a disgusting moralist stand to say it should be illegal you find it icky.

I know right? What if a dad and his adult daughter wanna fuck? Doesn't hurt anyone, does it? Or a bro and a sis. A grandpa and a grandson. Should they not do it just because you personally find it icky? Hahahah.

Where's my flamethrower.

That post almost convinced me that everything should, indeed, be illegal.

Come to think of it, incest will probably be socially acceptable, because it's the same "consenting adults" argument. Heck, if you keep in mind just how many Muslim immigrants and their offspring are inbred, you could say it already is.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 09:03AM EST

Could someone explain how transpeople "mutilate" their own bodies? My balls and dick is still here, I'm yet to personally cut my private parts off with a kitchen knife.

FREDDURST wrote:

I know right? What if a dad and his adult daughter wanna fuck? Doesn't hurt anyone, does it? Or a bro and a sis. A grandpa and a grandson. Should they not do it just because you personally find it icky? Hahahah.

Where's my flamethrower.

Come to think of it, incest will probably be socially acceptable, because it's the same "consenting adults" argument. Heck, if you keep in mind just how many Muslim immigrants and their offspring are inbred, you could say it already is.

You know Rustle has some pretty interesting things to say about that in a comic featuring Tom Cruise.
Anyhow

Big Brother wrote:

Could someone explain how transpeople "mutilate" their own bodies? My balls and dick is still here, I'm yet to personally cut my private parts off with a kitchen knife.

Some do. Some flew to Thailand or other places to get theirs cut off and/or add something else in. Some even spend about almost a year staying at clinics or hospital to complete their transition there. Medical tourism, man.

Edit: Private hospitals are crazy there, I just looked it up. It is like a hotel or a resort AND hospital all-in-one!! Like seaside hospitals near sightseeing spots, and whatnot.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 09:21AM EST

Clownfish wrote:

Some do. Some flew to Thailand or other places to get theirs cut off and/or add something else in. Some even spend about almost a year staying at clinics or hospital to complete their transition there. Medical tourism, man.

Edit: Private hospitals are crazy there, I just looked it up. It is like a hotel or a resort AND hospital all-in-one!! Like seaside hospitals near sightseeing spots, and whatnot.

Drinking opposite sex's hormones also qualifies as mutilation.

FREDDURST wrote:

Where's my flamethrower.

Do you actually have any counterarguments or are you just going to act like junked up 12 year old? Saying "ahahahhah lol flamethrowers xD" does nothing to either convince me that I'm wrong or to strengthen your stance that you're right.

Stoffe wrote:

Do you actually have any counterarguments or are you just going to act like junked up 12 year old? Saying "ahahahhah lol flamethrowers xD" does nothing to either convince me that I'm wrong or to strengthen your stance that you're right.

I don't have counterarguments, but i'll give you that, you have finally convinced me that just because you could "logically" justify decriminalization of something, it doesn't mean that you should go through with it :^)

i.e. the "consenting adults" meme is dead. We need Jesus' consent.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 09:10AM EST

Eh, for example incest causes degeneracy with messed up genes. Go and google it or even better read some books about genes. There are logical reasons why incest considered bad, not just moral.

Now I realise that GoT on HBO opened Overton window.

FREDDURST wrote:

I don't have counterarguments, but i'll give you that, you have finally convinced me that just because you could "logically" justify decriminalization of something, it doesn't mean that you should go through with it :^)

i.e. the "consenting adults" meme is dead. We need Jesus' consent.

Lmao nice one, christcuck. I admit, our "lord and saviour" Jesus Christ is real, and he is in fact the son of god, and he does say that incest is bad.

And you actually listen to him.

Consider it for a moment. You're obeying the word of some pacifist pussy who died long ago just because his dad has magical powers. You ever wanna do something he considers wrong, you politely get on your knees and beg daddy jesus to forgive you like the cuck you are. Jesus christ, you're worse than a swede. Too much of a coward to oppose authority?

Stoffe wrote:

Lmao nice one, christcuck. I admit, our "lord and saviour" Jesus Christ is real, and he is in fact the son of god, and he does say that incest is bad.

Consider it for a moment. You're obeying the word of some pacifist pussy who died long ago just because his dad has magical powers. You ever wanna do something he considers wrong, you politely get on your knees and beg daddy jesus to forgive you like the cuck you are. Jesus christ, you're worse than a swede. Too much of a coward to oppose authority?

Nice shitpost, but since when is opposing authority a virtue? You cannot build a strong Reich nation full of healthy, moral people, if you oppose authority :^)

Following authority is only a vice if said authority serves to destroy everything good and decent in this world. Following authority that serves to uphold everything pure and good is a virtue :^)

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 09:53AM EST

Stoffe wrote:

>Using christcuck and cuck unironically
>Top-tier fedora posting
>Fell for a shitpost and getting mad in serious debate
>Opposing authority is good because just
>"Pundit"
Okay, what alternate universe is this and how did I get here? This is not riff-raff or 4chan right? Right?

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 09:36AM EST

regarding pedophilia, I don't think if you're attracted to kids that automatically means you're mentally ill any more than homosexuality or bisexuallity means you're mentally ill. Pedophilia is unfortunately a sexuality like any other type of attraction to types of people, it's usually the combination of pedophilia and some form of actual mental illness that leads to the nasty shit pedophiles are known for, but pedophilia alone should not be treated as some sort of mental illness that should be treated with psychiatrists imo because it's not

FREDDURST wrote:

But humanity is collectivist. That's exactly how we got to where we are as a civilization. "Individualism" is just a modern meme. However, leftists fail to recognize that "equality" is also a meme, and is neither achievable nor desirable.

We're more akin to apes societally. We have packs and we work together within our tribes, we act together with other metaphorical tribes but we aren't social with everyone we meet and if anything don't like to act as a collective unit.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 11:01AM EST

Bilbo Swaggins wrote:

regarding pedophilia, I don't think if you're attracted to kids that automatically means you're mentally ill any more than homosexuality or bisexuallity means you're mentally ill. Pedophilia is unfortunately a sexuality like any other type of attraction to types of people, it's usually the combination of pedophilia and some form of actual mental illness that leads to the nasty shit pedophiles are known for, but pedophilia alone should not be treated as some sort of mental illness that should be treated with psychiatrists imo because it's not

Wait. About paedophilia. Let us get this out of the way first. I think we have different ideas of what it actually is.

Fun entertaining version:

Text version:
Paedophilia, as in recurring sexually attraction to children under 13. Which is classified as legit case of psychosomatic illness (according to DSM-5). Not just attracted to them or finding them cute or charming.

Not teenagers, that is Ephebophilia which is not in the DSM-5 and strictly denotes just attraction, not sexual attraction.

If it is just finding children or teenagers charmingly cute, then I agree that it is not an illness… I think. But if someone is repeatedly having sexual desires towards children… Or anything else for that matter…

I think they should go see a psychiatrist before something really bad happens.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 11:18AM EST

It hasn't even been two pages and we've already managed to hit all the controversial topics.. This gonna be a good thread.

Oh wait we haven't talked about religion yet: how Christianity and Islam vie to be more popular is stupid. The thing they don't realize is the main driving force behind those numbers is population increase/decrease. The continent that is having the fastest population increase is Africa and their population is almost completely Christian or Muslim so of course those two religions globally are going to have a boon from that.

Kind of ironic if it wasn't for their adherents fucking like rabbits they'd be in decline.

Stoffe wrote:

I fully agree with you in the stance that nothing is wrong with incest. Might be some shady stuff about grooming to be concerned with with different-generation incest, but same-generation of similar ages is perfectly fine and has literally no downsides. I disagree, however, with the rest of what you're saying.

To say that you should force sterilization or abortion upon people who practice incest is, frankly, ludicrous. It's akin to saying you should force the sterilization or abortion of people with any hereditary disease. You might actually think "oh, that's a good idea actually", but from what I can find there are a lot of people with those. To say "Well, these people shouldn't be able to have kids because I find them defective" is, as you might realize, eugenics. When you start deciding who can and can't reproduce, things soon start going south.

The most confounding and, honestly, disturbing part of your statement was your proposition of saying that incest should remain illegal because kids might think it's normal. So what? Do you also believe homosexuality should be illegal? Foot fetishism? Wearing socks at the same time as sandals? Just because a majority of a population doesn't practice something doesn't mean it should be seen as wrong. Let people practice incest if they want to, they're not hurting anyone. It is a disgusting moralist stand to say it should be illegal you find it icky.

A lot of the reason I said tubes tied and what not is that abortion is an active debate in US morality. I'm not suggesting forced sterilization at all, I was just saying if you already happen to be sterilized it's a-okay in every form. If abortion is accepted as morally okay by the general public then we could extend it fully to such couples in a legal sense. But yeah, no forced sterilization proposed here.

The reason I'm slightly concerned about children believing it is normal differs from homosexuality. For example, let's assume parent-child incest between consenting adults is legal. My concern is that if that is all over the media and children see it, they might be a lot less likely to tell an adult when daddy is touching them in ways they don't like, unlike homosexuality which doesn't normalize parent-child relationships. That's my main concern, I think it would be wise to pair it up with schools making sure kids know how bad anyone touching them sexually is at their age. The other thing is that even if just sibling incest is made legal, I'm concerned that teens would have unprotected sex and try to pass off their child as unrelated to incest. We can't assume rational judgement with sex when it comes to teens.

It hasn't even been two pages and we've already managed to hit all the controversial topics.. This gonna be a good thread.

Oh wait we haven't talked about religion yet: how Christianity and Islam vie to be more popular is stupid. The thing they don't realize is the main driving force behind those numbers is population increase/decrease. The continent that is having the fastest population increase is Africa and their population is almost completely Christian or Muslim so of course those two religions globally are going to have a boon from that.

Kind of ironic if it wasn't for their adherents fucking like rabbits they'd be in decline.

Well, sorry for spicing up your thread too much. Derailments and arguments tend to follow me wherever I go. I do not really align with left-right, at least according to U.S. standards anyway. I just have my own opinions, some align, some do not, some time call out bullshit on on or the other or both sides, some are outright… Out there.

I believe we should put aside the religion discussion. We already have blatant downvote stalking happening and some people getting mad. If the religion topic goes off, I will be in the Riff-Raff bunker posting about coffees, teas, and biscuits. You are welcome to join, might as well be opening a KYM cooking club and café and share recipes.

@Clownfish
"I believe we should put aside the religion discussion. We already have blatant downvote stalking happening and some people getting mad."
Bring it on!
clears throat
Religions are not races. Criticizing a religion doesn't make someone racist if you're criticizing their religious beliefs. If criticizing religions was racist then it would mean that criticizing scientology would be racist.

@clownfish, I dun think people are specifically blamin ya for spicing up a thread that's deliberately meant to be spicy, you're not the sole source of it anyway.

@Clownfish
"I believe we should put aside the religion discussion. We already have blatant downvote stalking happening and some people getting mad."
Bring it on!
clears throat
Religions are not races. Criticizing a religion doesn't make someone racist if you're criticizing their religious beliefs. If criticizing religions was racist then it would mean that criticizing scientology would be racist.

Not really what I am afraid of or mind. But let say I am not down with this topic like how I mostly stay away from Mexican food not because I am a picky eater. I just do not want to spend the next two or three days glued to the toilet. Or in this case, this thread. Too spicy for my taste.

You go on ahead. I will go brush up my cooking skills in case I really do need to open a KYM cooking club.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 12:48PM EST

@Clownfish
Bring it on!
clears throat

That doesn't seem to be an unpopular opinion, most people afaik are on the same page with that.

Here's my unpop opinion: I think it's possible to be an atheist (to be clear, a non-believer in a god) and still have a divine, non-secular outlook on life. See, though I'm technically an atheist, I'm not comfortable with the label because their seems to be the stigma that atheists have a very cold, reductionist, secular view on the world (not that secularism is inherently bad, mind you). And I know for a fact I am not any of those things. I sincerely believe that human lives are absolutely lovely and have a sacredness to them that is at least equal to, if not above any value given to them by a higher power. But because we are molded by our genetics and environmental conditions, people's choices are limited and this can often lead to people doing horrendous things to each other.
tl;dr: human lives are sacred, and you don't even have to be religious to see that

Its good that were hace another thread of this only without the flaws that have the other one
My upopular opinion:
I think that this shtic of "ironic weeb" has overstayed his welcome, i never find funny this thing at all, like the fedora memes, edgy and cringe, to the point that you don't understand if this people act ironically or not. It's not bad some self-deprecation on ocassions, but as some people say, when you talk the Joke over and over again it's turns annoying and stale to the point that this people hate the things that they talk to like.

All the controversial topics? Not even close, not even close.

Ratko Mladic just protected his nation and evacuated children and women. Bosnian mujahadeens eradicated whole Serbian villages, including kids and women, but nobody was punished on Bosnian side. UN is very hypocritical.

Garumbo wrote:

All the controversial topics? Not even close, not even close.

Ratko Mladic just protected his nation and evacuated children and women. Bosnian mujahadeens eradicated whole Serbian villages, including kids and women, but nobody was punished on Bosnian side. UN is very hypocritical.

You're saying that as if UN does anything. If America decides that a country should be bombed/invaded, it will be bombed/invaded. If America needs a casus belli it will find/fabricate one. Well, I shouldn't say America, I should say certain people at the top instead.

In that particular case it was considered beneficial to destroy Yugoslavia, so they did. Who was right, who was wrong, and how many people died as a result is irrelevant.

Last edited Nov 23, 2017 at 03:02PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!