Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,920 total conversations in 569 threads

+ New Thread

Alternative idea for advertistment funds

Last posted Aug 16, 2017 at 05:34PM EDT. Added Aug 15, 2017 at 11:23PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

I understand KYM need money to support this. So there are still many users who do want to support you guys, but we can't do it when you force us to have malware and tracer advertisements. So on another post, I came up with an idea that I think will benefit all of us.

Why not use your fanbase to do advertisements, a lot of us have games, art, video series, and other things we would love to advertise on your site. instead of using cheap generic crap, why not use this to support those in the community and in turn get supported by the community. I myself run a game company and we are always thinking of ways to show off our upcoming game. I know there are talented people who would like to do the same.

Other than that I have seen some people say why not just add a donation button like Wikipedia did. The work that KYM does is actually important, sure there is shit here but what website is without faults. The point is, the community wants to work with the Staff and support the website.

Beatrice Santello wrote:

I suggested a shit ton of times, but I think using Rubicon Project ads are a good alternative as long as you don't overdo it.

first off

now secondly, I never heard of them, the way you say it could cause problems if not properly maintained.

Diceyed Liam wrote:

I understand KYM need money to support this. So there are still many users who do want to support you guys, but we can't do it when you force us to have malware and tracer advertisements. So on another post, I came up with an idea that I think will benefit all of us.

Why not use your fanbase to do advertisements, a lot of us have games, art, video series, and other things we would love to advertise on your site. instead of using cheap generic crap, why not use this to support those in the community and in turn get supported by the community. I myself run a game company and we are always thinking of ways to show off our upcoming game. I know there are talented people who would like to do the same.

Other than that I have seen some people say why not just add a donation button like Wikipedia did. The work that KYM does is actually important, sure there is shit here but what website is without faults. The point is, the community wants to work with the Staff and support the website.

You know, I actually looked up your game dev company after this post. And now I can say I much prefer an ad for this-

To an ad for this-

Good luck with your game release btw.

oh god, it always surprises me when someone notices our work, thank you.

but you exactly prove my point. which advert looks saver, and I can't be the only game developer on KYM that would love to advertise.

The Necromancer Of Memes wrote:

You know, I actually looked up your game dev company after this post. And now I can say I much prefer an ad for this-

To an ad for this-

Good luck with your game release btw.

Those boob physics gave me a new breed of cancer undiscovered by modern science.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!