Forums / Media / Video Games

38,645 total conversations in 2,703 threads

+ New Thread

I'm actually going to try to beat Battletoads

Last posted Feb 18, 2015 at 11:41PM EST. Added Feb 11, 2015 at 12:20PM EST
22 posts from 13 users

Yeah, you heard that right. I'm going to attempt the suffering of playing this semi-impossible game (without TAS tools, too)

All I can say is that I know my house will have a few holes in the walls from utter rage.

(Also INB4 the goat)

Fillerthefreak wrote:

Yeah, you heard that right. I'm going to attempt the suffering of playing this semi-impossible game (without TAS tools, too)

All I can say is that I know my house will have a few holes in the walls from utter rage.

(Also INB4 the goat)

You asked for it.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

@Filler

Pics of the game cartridge/emulator or I call shenanigans

I tried getting my NES to work, but the graphics kept getting scrambled up, I thank the fact I never take care of my stuff. So, I'm using an emulator.

The Turbo Tunnel is currently my "stuck point". It's somewhat manageable when you learn the pattern, but you still need robot-like reaction times.

Also, the Sega Genesis version is easier . I feel lucky for people who played that version as kids.

ALSO: I will keep my progress up-to-date here.

Sums up my playthru of the Turbo Tunnel, currently.

It's difficult, really bloody difficult. Butā€¦

I'm more annoyed by the fact you need to redo the previous 2 levels when you run out of continues, rather than crashing into a wall. As you just restart at the last checkpoint when you crash into a wall.

Also I keep randomly falling through the floor after I jump off a ramp. (Even if the jump is long enough). If this didn't happen, I'd probably beat this "hell hole".

Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

Fillerthefreak wrote:

Sums up my playthru of the Turbo Tunnel, currently.

It's difficult, really bloody difficult. Butā€¦

I'm more annoyed by the fact you need to redo the previous 2 levels when you run out of continues, rather than crashing into a wall. As you just restart at the last checkpoint when you crash into a wall.

Also I keep randomly falling through the floor after I jump off a ramp. (Even if the jump is long enough). If this didn't happen, I'd probably beat this "hell hole".

Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

I say again, try the Japanese version if this is unreasonable. Sounds like the Genesis version is based of this one. Your only loss is the pause song. Here's what The Cutting Room Floor says about Turbo Tunnel alone.

Stage 3: Turbo Tunnel

Segment 1: A string of three short walls became two; the remaining two were spaced out more. The last wall before the checkpoint was removed and the previous two spaced out. Segment 2: The last short wall before the first jump was removed. After the first jump, the first of three walls was removed and the others spaced out more. After the second jump, the string of six alternating walls was reduced to just four--all spaced out more. Finally, the last short wall before the checkpoint was removed. Segment 3: The second string of four alternating walls became just three, which were spaced out more (noticing a pattern yet?). Immediately thereafter, three short walls were reduced to two at (you guessed it) more generous spacing. Both elevated ramps were moved to the ground. In the section with the wall-dropping camels, the short wall was removed. Segment 4: The shifted ramp and the elevated ramp were both moved to normal positions. The particularly fast-moving robot enemy was removed. All five blind jumps (accompanied by the exclamation point (!)) were given normal ramps and the flashing exclamation point removed. Segment 5: This section's speed was reduced. All in all, the Japanese version relocated four ramps to easier positions, added five ramps to replace blind jumps, removed five tall walls, and removed five short walls. Needless to say, the Japanese Turbo Tunnel is considerably easier than its United States counterpart.

@ MIMU, Twilit Prince

The Genesis version was outsourced to a Japan-based team (Arc System Works) Rather than Rare. Which pretty much explains the reduced difficulty, as they used the Japanese version to build the port for reference.

Last edited Feb 12, 2015 at 02:53PM EST

So I finally got (Goat) passed the Turbo Tunnel (After many and many game overs). It was hell. But I memorized it enough to get passed it with 1-3 lives lost.

But the bloody Ice level. I hate it! All the game overs!

FYI: Shall I do a lets play? The Emulator I use can record gameplay, but the quality may be a bit medicore.

Also, I'm a teenager. So I my voice still sounds a bit "squeaky", so to say. Also, my speaker is garbage

So. I give up, mostly for health reasons.

The amount of stress this game gave me actually gave me a leg pains, so I don't think playing anymore is good for me.

Wow, what a bad person I am, I can't even beat a children's video game.

Going to go cry in the corner now. So long, impossible gameā€¦

Fillerthefreak wrote:

So. I give up, mostly for health reasons.

The amount of stress this game gave me actually gave me a leg pains, so I don't think playing anymore is good for me.

Wow, what a bad person I am, I can't even beat a children's video game.

Going to go cry in the corner now. So long, impossible gameā€¦

There is no shame in admitting defeat to US Battletoads. I once again bring up the Japanese/Genesis version.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!