Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,750 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky Featured Featured
Photoshop Contest Main Thread

Last posted Jul 16, 2023 at 05:10AM EDT. Added Jan 29, 2016 at 06:31PM EST
12 posts from 8 users

Welcome to our Photoshop Contest!

Currently this is still an ongoing idea in its testing phase based on photoshopped contests from years ago. The idea is bi-weekly contests, with every time giving a winner a small prize. Maybe weekly, but that's up to you!

- How to participate?
Very simple: Every time we create a new contest, we'll create a new thread for it. Here you can submit your creations and download the template if necessary. We'll try to keep in touch with ongoing memes and events, but if there is nothing special going on then we can basically present you with anything. After that it's just going nuts.

We want to let creativity do the work, so anything goes basically. Change the text, change the images, you can even draw something if you want. There is also no limit on the amount of submissions you can make.

It's a "contest" in name, but our goal is for people to have fun.

- Winning?
It seems you're getting interested. Basically every contest there will be a winner selected. We'll look for things like quality, originality, and humour (it's about having fun after all), but things like GIFs and drawings can give your creation a boost too.

This winner will then have its creation featured in this thread in a hall of fame, and receive a badge to show off to the others:

If there aren't many submissions, we might skip a week on the prize. We're also looking into further prizes for people winning various times, same for complementary prizes for people who don't win but join in regardless every week. As was said in the beginning, this is still in its testing phase, so these items will get updated as the contest becomes succesful. You can make that happen!

- Questions?
Shoot 'em here.

FAQ

- Can I submit multiple images?
Yes! If you want to have fun, there are no limits. If you're aiming for the price, it's up to you how you weigh out quality to quantity.

- Can I submit an image from before the contest started?
As long as you were its creator, yes. Should you win however, we might request some evidence that you made that image. Try not to have the image be too old.

- Can I resubmit an already made joke?
Quality is a factor too, so if your remake improves on it, it can pass. It might be taken into acount when selecting a winner, but that depends on how much of an improvement it is.

Last edited Feb 05, 2016 at 06:50PM EST

Here we'll highlight the winners and promote the current contest.

Photoshop Contest #1: Daily Struggle!

Photoshop Contest #2: When Your Parents Ask Where All Your Money Went!

Photoshop Contest #3: Baton Roue!

Photoshop Contest #4: Sweet Jesus, Pooh!

Photoshop Contest #5: Graphic Design is my Passion

Photoshop Contest #6: I'm You, But Stronger

Photoshop Contest #7: Please Disconnect The Bluetooth Speaker

Photoshop Contest #8: History of Japan

Photoshop Contest #9: Five Pieces of Exodia

Photoshop Contest #10: Starter Packs

Photoshop Contest #11: Are Ya Winning, Son?

Photoshop Contest #12: The Trolley Problem

Photoshop Contest #13: Can We Listen To Something Else Besides Future?

Photoshop Contest #14: Dat Boi

Photoshop Contest #15: The Dover Boys

Photoshop Contest #16: Missed The Point

Photoshop Contest #17: This Ugly Son of a Bitch

Photoshop Contest #18: I Can Be Your Angle Or Yuor Devil

Photoshop Contest #19: OK Bye Mom

Photoshop Contest #20: Waifu Analysis

Photoshop Contest #21: You Hear About Video Games?

Photoshop Contest #22: Goose on Fire

Photoshop Contest #23: War Flashback Parodies

Photoshop Contest #24: The Myth of 'Consensual' Sex

Photoshop Contest #25: Civilized Discussion

Photoshop Contest #26: Pokemon GO Screenshots

Photoshop Contest #27: Alola Exeggutor

Photoshop Contest #28: SpongeBob History Captions

Photoshop Contest #29: Choose Your Class

Photoshop Contest #30: You and Me Parodies

Photoshop Contest #31: Closing the Curtains

Photoshop Contest #32: Persuadable Bouncer

Photoshop Contest #33: Political Compass Parodies

Photoshop Contest #34: 8 Sex Positions That Will Blow His Mind And Destroy His Penis

Last edited Oct 26, 2016 at 04:15PM EDT

Spider-Byte wrote:

Can you submit multiple entries?

RM edit: I am hereby hijacking this post because I hit the character limit on the above one.

Photoshop Contest #35: Bionicle Memes

Photoshop Contest #36: We're A Culture, Not A Halloween Costume

Why couldn't you?

No limits. It's about fun.

If you're aiming for the prize, then it's up to you how you weigh out quality to quantity.

Last edited Jan 30, 2016 at 04:12PM EST

We want to let creativity do the work, so anything goes basically. Change the text, change the images, you can even draw something if you want. There is also no limit on the amount of submissions you can make.

At what point is the image altered so much that it's disqualified?

Particle Mare wrote:

At what point is the image altered so much that it's disqualified?

I'd say if you can no longer spot the original joke or the elements that define the joke in the shoop anymore. If you can't upload it to the meme gallery it belongs to otherwise anymore, it's probably a no-go.

But that would work best by example. I don't think anyone will really stray too far from the original joke. If it happens, we'll notify them. Of course certain things have more lenience than others, so there is no default answer.

Last edited Jan 30, 2016 at 04:44PM EST

Hey, i tried putting my image in but it didn't go through. Am I still eligible for winning? I have no idea what I did wrong and went over the instructions multiple times. This was for contest 17.

Last edited May 25, 2016 at 12:06AM EDT

Shroom wrote:

Hey, i tried putting my image in but it didn't go through. Am I still eligible for winning? I have no idea what I did wrong and went over the instructions multiple times. This was for contest 17.

You're embedding the image page, not the image itself. To clarify:
Link you're using:
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1125713-this-ugly-son-of-a-bitch
Link you need to use:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/125/713/9c8.png

Keep in mind there is a small "embed" section to the right of every image page on KYM if you need assistance.

Hi! You must login or signup first!