Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Bombing in Norway

Last posted Jul 24, 2011 at 02:20PM EDT. Added Jul 22, 2011 at 03:18PM EDT
25 posts from 18 users

Dannyboy wrote:

Total chaos here in Norway at the moment.

You live in Norway?
If so, what else have you heard?
Any rumors?
What do you think were the motives of the attack?

Omomon wrote:

I heard, Do you think their's any connection between the bombing and shooting?

Seems likely, with them happening on the same day and all…

I'm just scared this will happen again in other places…

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 04:05PM EDT

Me too…I have a few friends from Oslo, so I hope they're okay… luckily, most of them seem to be.
Must be horrible to have friends and family there, and not know anything about if they're okay…

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 04:16PM EDT

UPDATE

At least 17 dead. The Norwegian authorities have reason to believe the bomber is Norwegian and not linked to any foreign groups.

A youth camp filled with Children was targeted as well. Approx. 9 were killed.

Last edited Jul 22, 2011 at 05:13PM EDT

Wow. I just read this. I am working and didn't hear about it until now. All I can say is WHY? Why would anyone do something like this? I mean sure go ahead and take your own life but why take innocent children out?

CjayS wrote:

UPDATE

At least 17 dead. The Norwegian authorities have reason to believe the bomber is Norwegian and not linked to any foreign groups.

A youth camp filled with Children was targeted as well. Approx. 9 were killed.

If he's Norwegian, then what were the coordinated attacks all about? I can understand a single shooter doing this sort of thing alone, but there were two attacks and the occurred on the same day. Sounds more like conspiracy to me, and the fact that it was done entirely by citizens of Norway, and not foreign terrorists, piques my curiosity as to why exactly this happened.

The death toll in this attack is now over 80. The suspected assailant, Anders Behring Breivik, has been arrested. Breivik, who has ties to right wing extremism, does not appear to be linked to Islamic terrorism. Breivik appears to be deeply opposed to Islam, immigration, and multiculturalism. Reports suggest he was also seen loitering around the site of the bomb blast in Oslo two hours before the island incident – and also before the capital's explosion.

Syndic wrote:

If he's Norwegian, then what were the coordinated attacks all about? I can understand a single shooter doing this sort of thing alone, but there were two attacks and the occurred on the same day. Sounds more like conspiracy to me, and the fact that it was done entirely by citizens of Norway, and not foreign terrorists, piques my curiosity as to why exactly this happened.

He was a far right wing christian fundamentalist. And as far as I know, this was an attack against the government, seeing as both targets had connections to the governement. Now, I know that Norway is largely atheist, so maybe that could have spurred the attack on. Maybe he wanted to be the next Guy Fawkes. After all, the president was going to visit the island where the youth camp was, and the bombings in Oslo acted as a distraction so that the bomber could target to Island.

Apparently the attacks may have been coordinated by a neo-Nazi group:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14260195

It would explain why he attacked the youth camp, as it was set up by the current Labor party (left-wing) to teach young people about politics.

I just can't understand how anyone could do this. He gunned down (at least) 84 youths as they were fleeing, even shooting them in the water as they tried to swim from the island. How anyone could be so twisted and merciless just sickens me.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

I like how all the Jihad groups claim they do everything, when they don't.

EDIT:
I still find it stupid that nationalist are bombing Norwegians in Norway to prove that they hate Muslims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356

84 killed.

Just watched the news. The 84 killed was only the island, and there were still a few missing. Probably people who jumped in the water.

Compared to that the bombing was a lot lower, around 10 killed, with quite some wounded. They believe the same Norwegian is responsible for both the attacks.

So it's save to say the total death count will probably pas the 100.

Also about the police, besides his house they're also investigating a barn which he probably used for the production of bombs.

You know… this is the ONLY forum/online article/blog post I've seen where people didn't write comments about THOSE AY-RABS before it was revealed it was an anti-Muslim right-wing Nordic Christian behind the attacks…

(Excluding the video butterin yobread posted- but to its credit it was only Justin Crump going on about how it was "almost certain" it was jihadists, while the interviewer added at the end that they "have no evidence of that at all as yet", that the shooter is Nordic and that "perhaps there are other elements possibly in the frame for this".)

The jumping to conclusions that was going on was an "epic fail", even being called such by people writing for newspapers: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/hina-p-ansari/oslo-explosion_b_907562.html

Killing innocent people because you don't like how other people kill innocent people… is just… so… I don't even.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!