Forums / Discussion / General

174,023 total conversations in 5,718 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured Locked Locked
KYM Pony General 2.0

Last posted Nov 01, 2011 at 07:44PM EDT. Added Oct 06, 2011 at 09:41PM EDT
9966 posts from 88 users

Cite wrote:

…can we discuss something else now?
Like… uh… how will the Luna episode ever beat today’s episode?
There! That’s a good topic!
Discuss this.

Luna beats the shit outta evry thing. With a wooden paddle. She has some odd fetishes.

Cite wrote:

…can we discuss something else now?
Like… uh… how will the Luna episode ever beat today’s episode?
There! That’s a good topic!
Discuss this.

Indeed.

I’m not sure… it’ll have to pull a hell of a lot of stuff. But that two second clip had ponified versions of Harry Potter and Chuck Norris, plus Derpy and Pinkie. It might pull out all the stops.

I’ll be waiting irregardless, because it’ll finally give Princess Luna a personality set in stone.

CitationNeeded wrote:

…can we discuss something else now?
Like… uh… how will the Luna episode ever beat today’s episode?
There! That’s a good topic!
Discuss this.

Let’s see how long this lasts…

  • Well, after letting it sit in my mind for a while, I’m still a little bothered by this episode. It was hilarious, but this episode was nothing like any season 1 episode (not saying it has to be). I asked (probably thirty pages ago by now) if the show was going to take a darker tone now that the show was established. And people were like, “no lol look i posted a reaction image to get the thread going really fast roelplay!1,” and I assumed that meant they didn’t see the nature of Lesson Zero coming at all.
  • I think the Luna episode has to introduce Luna very well as a likable character in one episode in the midst of her interacting with already well-known characters. I think that will be hard to do.
  • I also think that Luna can’t be similar to Fluttershy as Bronies sometimes portray her. She’ll have to be her own character.
    • A Fluttershy-palette swap will be cute, but it won’t be satisfying over the course of the series. She’s hundreds of years old and had 1,000 of them in solitary confinement. She should act like it (within the confine’s of a kid’s show, but Lesson Zero has kinda busted my expectations of what Hasbro will allow from Studio B.)

All in all, I don’t think it can be topped. I think it’ll be one of those introduce-a-character episodes like Season 1 Episode 1, the beginning of Season 2 Episode 1, or Season 1 Episode 3.

Last edited Oct 15, 2011 at 11:36PM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Big Mac had me bustin up.

Apple Jack: I’ll take that doll and sell it to Twilight for a nickle after she gets out of jail.

Apple jack: When he’s sleepin ofcourse.

Last edited Oct 15, 2011 at 11:45PM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:

Walks away with doll after spell is gone. LOL

I found that halariouse too and one last thing before I stop my role playing.
Apple Jack: Hay CMCs.

Last edited Oct 15, 2011 at 11:50PM EDT


All the stuff I saw in the episode that I thought was going to be part of the meme, pretty much happened. I came here looked at all the new pics and sure enough they where uploaded.

Last edited Oct 16, 2011 at 12:10AM EDT

Verbose wrote:

CitationNeeded wrote:

…can we discuss something else now?
Like… uh… how will the Luna episode ever beat today’s episode?
There! That’s a good topic!
Discuss this.

Let’s see how long this lasts…

  • Well, after letting it sit in my mind for a while, I’m still a little bothered by this episode. It was hilarious, but this episode was nothing like any season 1 episode (not saying it has to be). I asked (probably thirty pages ago by now) if the show was going to take a darker tone now that the show was established. And people were like, “no lol look i posted a reaction image to get the thread going really fast roelplay!1,” and I assumed that meant they didn’t see the nature of Lesson Zero coming at all.
  • I think the Luna episode has to introduce Luna very well as a likable character in one episode in the midst of her interacting with already well-known characters. I think that will be hard to do.
  • I also think that Luna can’t be similar to Fluttershy as Bronies sometimes portray her. She’ll have to be her own character.
    • A Fluttershy-palette swap will be cute, but it won’t be satisfying over the course of the series. She’s hundreds of years old and had 1,000 of them in solitary confinement. She should act like it (within the confine’s of a kid’s show, but Lesson Zero has kinda busted my expectations of what Hasbro will allow from Studio B.)

All in all, I don’t think it can be topped. I think it’ll be one of those introduce-a-character episodes like Season 1 Episode 1, the beginning of Season 2 Episode 1, or Season 1 Episode 3.

Yeah I definitely have no idea what to expect next.

As far as what I expected from Lesson Zero, I figured Twilight might have a lot of trouble getting the lesson she needed and she might have some kind of nervous breakdown as a result like she did towards the end of Swarm of the Century, but I never could have seen that coming – not to mention the bear fight and Sonic Rainboom bombing scenes – hell the whole episode. Just when I thought the second Discord episode couldn’t be topped…

A challenger appeared.

Last edited Oct 16, 2011 at 12:25AM EDT

Derpy Vazquez wrote:


All the stuff I saw in the episode that I thought was going to be part of the meme, pretty much happened. I came here looked at all the new pics and sure enough they where uploaded.

Iamslow wrote:

Yeah I definitely have no idea what to expect next.

As far as what I expected from Lesson Zero, I figured Twilight might have a lot of trouble getting the lesson she needed and she might have some kind of nervous breakdown as a result like she did towards the end of Swarm of the Century, but I never could have seen that coming – not to mention the bear fight and Sonic Rainboom bombing scenes – hell the whole episode. Just when I thought the second Discord episode couldn’t be topped…

A challenger appeared.

It’s going to be a fun season. I feel like Jayson Thiessen was laughing when he typed that this season would be more of Season 1.
 
I just really don’t know what to expect now, but I know my cheeks will hurt from smiling.

Speaking of smiling…

Now, if you need me, I’ll be watching Dragonball Z or something.

I kinda hope Hasbro will let Studio B do what they want without oversight, the show could go into topics that wouldn’t normally be covered by a cartoon. Perhaps some grimdark and shipping.

What you said earlier about them saying Twi doesn’t have to send a letter every week as a way to make it less value driven I think is false. They just needed a way to end a montage of Twilight being creepy. And it worked well enough.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!