Forums / Discussion / General

233,019 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General III: This time, it's personal

Last posted Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2011 at 07:41PM EDT
9915 posts from 105 users

I think Moargun and Nintendork need a general introduction to this thread. Moargun will probably visit often, but I'm not sure if Nintendork will visit.

Ok so, in this thread we generally have fun. We make sure 99% of all conversations regard ponies. But every once in a while we will overlook a matter not pertaining to ponies.

The users here are what keep me coming back to the thread. Let's see if I can list them:

Ideological: Enjoys image wars and making music.
CitationNeeded: Likes to think of himself as the resident killjoy, but he's great with debates.
Ric Tesla: Likes science and robots. I'm not sure about his opinions on debates. Second in command of the creepy arts.
Connor: Also enjoys image wars. Keeps a document about most people in this thread.
Verbose: tl;dr poster. Likes long winded posts and interesting conversations.
Burning_Phoneix: tl;dr poster. Also likes interesting conversations.
Algernon: Also likes interesting conversations. He's also British.
RandomMan: Comes in here often. Fun person. Also, apparently too badass to be a regular bunny.
BSoD (Blue Screen of Death): Comes in here during the later hours of the day. Likes long conversations.
Dr. Gregory Horse: Likes image wars and conversations.
Daniel Vaquez: Comes here during the later hours of the day and confuses the heck out of me. Fun person to have in the thread though.
Iamslow: Makes for an interesting conversationalist. People often confuse me for him.
Owens: Not much to go on. Fun person to converse with.
StarGazer: Comes in here occasionally to talk about stuff
badsitrep: Also comes in here occasionally
Riyku Ku: I really have no opinion (sorry). Seems to get along in the thread.
opspe: Another preson who likes long conversations.
lolstaz: Another user that I haven't developed an opinion of.
Karnage: Master of the creepy arts in this thread. I'm still waiting to be creeped out though.
Berry Punch: Occasionally comes in and roleplays the pony.
Dac-attack: A user who seems to have many opinions I agree with.
IvanP91: A user who seems to get along with everyone. Likes to draw.
Gigatoast: Tends to hate most of the things the fandom spews out. Likes to draw.
Sparty Mcfly: A user who comes in sometimes
Muumi: Also comes in sometimes. Likes to draw.
Sandwichman: Also comes in sometimes.
DrPepperFan: Comes in rarely. Thinks Trixie is best pony.
RapturJesus: Likes to come in and try to troll. Hasn't visited in a while.

These are just my opinions on the people. You'd really have to develop your own opinions on them. But this is just something to hopefully give you an idea.

Edit: I agree with Citation. We should respect his decision if he chooses not to like it.

Edit2: Wait, how did I get the new page?… Oh well.

New Page Get… FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:08PM EST

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

runs away in fear
@Iamslow: I am much more than that. profile music I am the dark-side of the thread. I am a child of the night. I am fear. I am terror. I am Ideo!!

I see what you did there

Run if you want but it will do you no good

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

This what normally happens. You get curious about the show and after watching a few you start to love it a little and a little more every time…

I don't think that's Nintendork's case. He left an interesting post on here a while back on how he felt, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

It's nice to get into the show and talk with people about stuff. I didn't post anywhere outside of social networking sites before posting on KYM, but FiM got me to do that (and eventually become more active on the site as a whole along with a few other Bronies.) So it's been a good experience. But then again, Nintendork may not come to like the show on the whole. Or he may become more like Daniel Vazquez and just like certain parts of it like some art/reaction images/macros.

Ideological aka Nightbrony wrote:

@Iamslow

(To get the hint, read my description of Iamslow)

Edit: @Ric Tesla: I'm going by what I remember and I remember you mentioning something like that… somewhere, not sure where.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 07:59PM EST

Iambob wrote:

CitationNeeded: Likes to think of himself as the resident killjoy, but he’s great with debates.

Indeed, it's true. I dislike a lot of things in this fandom, including!

• Most humanizations
  • A lot of PMVs
  • Crossovers
  • RULE 34(and no, I'm not one of the rational ones who can just ignore it. I want it abolished. Forever)
  • Fans who use "everypony" and the like when discussing the fans.
    • Related: those who think of themselves as actual ponies. Hence why I changed my song to "Human After All" last week.
  • Rule 63
  • The ridiculously overzealous bronies
  • Probably some other stuff I can't think of right now.
Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:04PM EST

Cite wrote:

Iambob wrote:

CitationNeeded: Likes to think of himself as the resident killjoy, but he’s great with debates.

• Most humanizations
  • A lot of PMVs
  • Crossovers
  • RULE 34(and no, I'm not one of the rational ones who can just ignore it. I want it abolished. Forever)
    • Related: those who think of themselves as actual ponies. Hence why I changed my song to "Human After All" last week.
  • Rule 63

I can tolerate most of those things but I agree with you on the overzealous fans thing and the "Everypony" thing.

Cite wrote:

Iambob wrote:

• Most humanizations
  • A lot of PMVs
  • Crossovers
  • Rule 63

You forgot this

Ninja'd

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:09PM EST

hops on Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I think I should post the things I dislike too, just in case:

Trollestia
Molestia
Tyrant Celestia
the .mov mlp parodies
People who are judgemental
elitists

There's probably more……

I was trying to give good points. The rather negative points are for them to find on their own.

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I was trying to give good points. The rather negative points are for them to find on their own.

I only listed a few and…………..wait a second. Who posted that gif? Exscuse me a second.

knocks Daniel unconscious

ties him up on a chair

Now for the gif.

Anyways, there's more things I don't like.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:14PM EST

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

I'm not. I'm just waiting for the moment that you truthfully and fully love the show and is a full fledge brony. But that won't be happening soon I know. Maybe in a year or two…

You know how people complain that Bronies tend to be really pushy when trying to convert people? It's possibly the biggest complaint people have when it comes to our fandom. Well, this is the kind of thing they're talking about. ProTip: Tone it down a couple notches.

@Iambob
Wow, I didn't realise just how many people post here. You forgot SinisterSnuggles, but it's understandable since he's a lot less active now than he used to be. You also missed Platus.

@Algernon: I can't edit my post anymore. Darn it, sorry SinisterSnuggles and Platus if any of you two are reading this.

@Connor: These are just my opinions. I mentioned your bios page in your description.

Edit: vvv I agree with you Ideo. Derpy is indeed best pony.

Edit2: I'm facepalming so hard right now. I forgot Notsocoolguy too. Sorry about that.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:24PM EST

Algernon wrote:

You know how people complain that Bronies tend to be really pushy when trying to convert people? It's possibly the biggest complaint people have when it comes to our fandom. Well, this is the kind of thing they're talking about. ProTip: Tone it down a couple notches.

@Iambob
Wow, I didn't realise just how many people post here. You forgot SinisterSnuggles, but it's understandable since he's a lot less active now than he used to be. You also missed Platus.

When I said " maybe a year or two" sounds pushy?
Truly and honestly I was trying not to sound pushy. But I guess just plainly waiting for a year or even more then that possible even more then two or four sounds pushy to most then….

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:27PM EST

Riyku wrote:

Sighs i'm gonna just post my video later…… walks away

Awww. I'm sorry, I don't listen to other users' music, or read their fanfics, or even look at their pictures. I'm a terrible critic and I've always felt if you're not going to help the creator get better then you'd just be wasting their time. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where he can go to get the help he wanted?

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

When I said " maybe a year or two" sounds pushy?
Truly and honestly I was trying not to sound pushy. But I guess just plainly waiting for a year or even more then that possible even more then two or four sounds pushy to most then….

It was more the implication that he will inevitably become a brony, but actually, on rereading everything, what you said wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Guess I was reading into things too much and I jumped to conclusions. Sorry about that, just disregard my last post.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:34PM EST

Awwwww.

hugs i just wanted some feedback i want to get good at YTPMVing and the only other way i know of geting people to tell me if it's good or not besides just waiting for people on youtube commenting is posting it on here

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:36PM EST

I only listed a few and…………..wait a second. Who posted that gif? Exscuse me a second.

knocks Daniel unconscious

ties him up on a chair

Now for the gif.

Anyways, there's more things I don't like.

Algernon wrote:

It was more the implication that he will inevitably become a brony, but actually, on rereading everything, what you said wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Guess I was reading into things too much and I jumped to conclusions. Sorry about that, just disregard my last post.

It's all good man. People misunderstood my posts all the time.
I do not intentionally offend people. I try to do what Pinkie Pie does, put smiles on peoples faces. So it's okay to say something like that, because half the time I do not know how far I go at times… It's okay to give me feed back on my posts.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:37PM EST

Algernon wrote:

"It was more the implication that he will inevitably become a brony" This is one thing that has annoyed me from the moment I discovered the bronies. Ironically, I'd probably have a better chance at being a brony if it wasn't the case. I think it might be because of something in human nature that makes us want to prove others wrong.
EDIT: woah, textile really messed this post up…

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 08:45PM EST

I don't know what happened, but somehow I subscribed to this thread. My email is now chalk full of notifications from here. Anyways, can someone tell me what this is from?

Dac wrote:

I don't know what happened, but somehow I subscribed to this thread. My email is now chalk full of notifications from here. Anyways, can someone tell me what this is from?

Here is original it was an advertisement

Well I can see this is devolving into image spam, but before it does, could I just have some suggestions based on what I said before (weak willing suspension of disbelief, dry wit/sarcastic humor, no Pinkie Pie)?

@TheOriginal
Trixie

Dayum! I completely forgot what Trixie's voice sounded like. I never got around to watching that episode for a second time. I will have to do that soon.

Last edited Dec 08, 2011 at 09:17PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!