Awesome. Some people are interested.
I think that the attraction to the older ponies (as old or older than the mane cast) is understandable. I’ve always said that most of their mannerisms and all of their personality is like that of humans. These are well-written and developed characters, much like people you’d meet in everyday life (outside of some very animated reactions.) I don’t have to stretch my mind to understand why people have crushes on the mane cast.
I’ll even dabble into understanding how the actual cartoon pony form is attractive.
- Horses (and most equines like ponies) kinda stomp around. They have horse-like faces. They don’t have appealing voices with much personality outside temperament. They don’t really have facial expressions. It’s a horse
- The ponies in the show lift their front leg in a way that mimics a horse, but it’s more like a dog. They trot more like dogs if they trot like any animals. And take a look at this animation. Twilight Sparkle is simply walking. But I don’t see many horses walk that fluidly. It reminds me more of a fashion model making her way down a catwalk. Their faces are more like a hybrid of a “pony” (barely with the nose) and a cute anime face. Their manes are actually just exaggerations of human hairstyles. Their facial expressions are like that of either humans or cute and human cartoon faces. And I think it’s hard to remove all of those aspects from the FiM ponies and simply say they aren’t attractive visually because they are ponies, because they are barely ponies. They were meant to have a lot of human characteristics as cartoon ponies, but they are far more human than pony.
I have other thoughts on that (along with some individual confessions,) but I’ll let that sit if someone wanted to respond or say something for themselves.
- I’ve suggested that. A few others have suggested that. I don’t like short posts. They don’t contribute much. Many of which are simple reactions. Someone just said bye to the people in the thread. That isn’t a forum type of post.
- However, Pimp Abra said that there isn’t a problem with the rate of posts in the thread. He even said there isn’t a problem with the length or “quality” of posts in the thread.
- Should I go find some of your posts that you or other users have made in other threads? I’m willing to bet that some of them are just as brief or just includes one image.
- Again to paraphrase Pimp Abra, “Ignore it.” It’s not hurting you.
I understand it’s annoying. I get annoyed with all the cheetos, but even that hasn’t been active for a year or this active for a year. I’ve said my two cents on several occasions. That’s all I can do. And even if other users on this thread simply call you a troll when you obviously aren’t, they can ignore you and your suggestions completely.
We have to answer to forum mods, and the forums mods have said that we’re not doing anything wrong. I don’t always like the thread, but that’s the bottom line.