Forums / Discussion / General

171,016 total conversations in 5,482 threads

+ New Thread


Locked Locked
KYM Pony General IV: Electric Scootaloo

Last posted Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26PM EST. Added Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43AM EST
9955 posts from 129 users

Only cause it’s mlp that I know it’s gonna be happy.
So I wasn’t sad at all.
Hell, the only thing that made a tear down my cheek today was a song I listened to. Only because of one special line it said.

Holy crap. I just capped this page !
in honor of it have a little baby Fluttershy.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 12:49AM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 12:46AM EST
Quote

Engie wrote:

Only cause it’s mlp that I know it’s gonna be happy.
So I wasn’t sad at all.
Hell, the only thing that made a tear down my cheek today was a song I listened to. Only because of one special line it said.

Holy crap. I just capped this page !
in honor of it have a little baby Fluttershy.

What line was that, if you don’t mind my asking?

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:47AM EST
Quote

Here I am having an emotional issue from a show about cartoon ponies and all you people can do is be like “cute, crapping pages, and baby trees” what the hell man.
.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 12:55AM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 12:55AM EST

It was actually a couple of lines.
Here are a couple of lines.

“Dear Father, Forgive me,
Cause in your eyes, I just never added up.
In my heart I know I failed you, but you left me here alone.”

“It all went by so fast. I still can’t change the past. I’ll always will remember Everything”

Then the final one that got me.

“You say that I’ll never change. But what the fuck do you know”

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:59AM EST
Quote

Yet another derpy day.
Crafted a spy-cicle; so that’s good…
Now I need to work on my fic.
See ya tomorrow

Now take my fluffy Luna!

Feb 19, 2012 at 02:23AM EST
Quote

CitationNeeded wrote:

I find fluffy ponies very creepy. Very, very creepy.

You just need to hug one and feel it!

On second thought…..maybe not.

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:09AM EST
Quote

Feb 19, 2012 at 04:39AM EST


I like this concept of Celestia being part machine, she possible gotten in a accident and the only thing Twilight can try to do is use science and magic! But I am fine with it being steam punk.

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:06AM EST
Quote

Steampunk cyborgs, huh? Like off of “Sucker Punch” with the steampunk WW1 German zombie soldiers? I like how you can see part of the internals on Celestia’s wings and legs. I’ve always liked that half-blueprint look that some pics have. Ric’s is no exception. It’s wonerfuly detailed, and I like how Twilight is the mechanic for Celestia.


As for the fluffy ponies issue, I like fluffy ponies. They just look so huggable! How can you not love them? I really need fluffy Fluttershy and fluffy Luna to give me hugs. They could really cheer me up. We all need fluffy pony hugs every once in a while.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 09:22AM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 09:16AM EST
Quote

“Fluffy ponies are best ponies.”

We need to ponify him. XD

Feb 19, 2012 at 09:33AM EST
Quote

does anyone have an idea what happened to http://iambrony.com ?

how am i supposed to find gifs now?

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:18AM EST
Quote

Hey guys. Been away for a while. Works and shit.

But anyways, finally got to take a look at the new episode.

First of all, I’d like to apologize anything I’ve previously said regarding the song “Smile, Smile, Smile” when it was first leaked. The first time I heard, I remember saying something about it being kinda meh and not being up for a true a Pinkie song, but now that I’ve seen the final work, there’s nothing I can do but bitterly regret for my bad preview. Seriouslly, that song gave me not only a smile, but a blow of happiness on the inside.

But carrying on: The continuities where also a nice touch from the producers, such as Pound and Pumpkin Cake right in the beggining and (the best) Rainbow Dash still reading Daring Do’s books. And needless to say the stop motion scene was pure genious!

Then, when Pinkie started to do everything to try to be friends with Doodle, I kinda wanted just a tiny little bit to slap her. That’s mainly cause I sometimes can be like Doodle (not cranky and angry of course) and really start to hate anyone who can’t hear when I say “no” or tries to invade my privacy when I really need it.

As the ending, it was, as pretty much everyone will agree, a 1000X better love story than Twilight. As hushed as it was, it still managed to be one of the most heart warming endings ever, one that should have been used on the Valentine’s Day episode IMO.


And that’s it, Anything else?

Oh yeah, don`t expect more postings from me today. I`ll be to busy celebrating today and Pinkie Pie will sure be joining me:

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 11:44AM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 11:42AM EST
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Hey guys. Been away for a while. Works and shit.

But anyways, finally got to take a look at the new episode.

First of all, I’d like to apologize anything I’ve previously said regarding the song “Smile, Smile, Smile” when it was first leaked. The first time I heard, I remember saying something about it being kinda meh and not being up for a true a Pinkie song, but now that I’ve seen the final work, there’s nothing I can do but bitterly regret for my bad preview. Seriouslly, that song gave me not only a smile, but a blow of happiness on the inside.

But carrying on: The continuities where also a nice touch from the producers, such as Pound and Pumpkin Cake right in the beggining and (the best) Rainbow Dash still reading Daring Do’s books. And needless to say the stop motion scene was pure genious!

Then, when Pinkie started to do everything to try to be friends with Doodle, I kinda wanted just a tiny little bit to slap her. That’s mainly cause I sometimes can be like Doodle (not cranky and angry of course) and really start to hate anyone who can’t hear when I say “no” or tries to invade my privacy when I really need it.

As the ending, it was, as pretty much everyone will agree, a 1000X better love story than Twilight. As hushed as it was, it still managed to be one of the most heart warming endings ever, one that should have been used on the Valentine’s Day episode IMO.


And that’s it, Anything else?

Oh yeah, don`t expect more postings from me today. I`ll be to busy celebrating today and Pinkie Pie will sure be joining me:

Gladly you enjoy so much from it.
……
……
……

Can I come your party too? :D

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:13PM EST
Quote

http://mylittlefacewhen.com/
Pony reactions. Pony reactions everywhere.

Also fun fact:

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 12:51PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 12:49PM EST
Quote

20% Cooler than Ice Rinsankajugin wrote:

I did my best…

*CHOCOLATE CAKE^


Fantastic work man! :D

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 01:05PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 12:56PM EST
Quote

At this rate, it will take a whole week to get to 200 pages. And when it does, when it does…

Well, time to go watch the 5 episodes I didn’t watch yet now.

Feb 19, 2012 at 01:45PM EST
Quote

Statistically we wont see another thread for 2 months. Lets keep this thread forever by posting shit and then deleting it before the 30 min limit thing.

Feb 19, 2012 at 02:02PM EST

Oh, I talked about this in the SynchTube, but in case you didn’t know:

Yes! Yes! (Richard Newman)


Oh, I don’t know if someone said, but the felt animation was not Flash or anything. It was felt.

Even more than that, it was done by Jayson Thiessen’s wife and Thiessen himself at home for kicks.

So it sounds like it was something they thought about and decided it would be fun to throw in. And so they did it themselves. I don’t think I’ll enjoy my first career enough to do work at home, because it’s fun. That’s pretty awesome.

Also, see this from way back in October. Jayson you sly dog, you…

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 02:32PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 02:28PM EST

Not pony related but,we got a troll on the «My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic» comment section.just letting you know.

Feb 19, 2012 at 02:51PM EST

Ideological the Vinyl Scratch wrote:

Quick, everypony! Hug her! Go go go!

I’LL GRAB THE NETS!

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:09PM EST
Quote

So Hasbro is now looking for some ideas for a new pony-related side series. You guys got any ideas?

Also, when exactly will this thread close? At the start of the 200th page, the end of the 199th, the end of the 200th, etc.? And how long does it usually take for a new thread to start?

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 03:17PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 03:17PM EST
Quote

Start of 200th.

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:25PM EST

Muffins wrote:

So Hasbro is now looking for some ideas for a new pony-related side series. You guys got any ideas?

Also, when exactly will this thread close? At the start of the 200th page, the end of the 199th, the end of the 200th, etc.? And how long does it usually take for a new thread to start?

In case you misinterpreted this:
This is a discussion if there was a side series, Hasbro isn’t actually looking for ideas.

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:28PM EST
Quote

Muffins wrote:

So Hasbro is now looking for some ideas for a new pony-related side series. You guys got any ideas?

Also, when exactly will this thread close? At the start of the 200th page, the end of the 199th, the end of the 200th, etc.? And how long does it usually take for a new thread to start?

I think they should do one of the CMC and the cake’s kids when they are older, same with Spike.
A show about the CMCs, Spike, and the pound cake kids when they are older.
If they are wanting ideas anyways…

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 03:38PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 03:37PM EST
Quote

Epicus The Warrior wrote:

Not pony related but,we got a troll on the «My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic» comment section.just letting you know.

Well, that’s being quite common from a little while ago, but we always manage to fill them with fruit salad untill they have enough and leave, so I ain’t worrying much about it.


@Muffinator

I’m stuck between Daring Do and Trixie. One is the main character of a series of adventure books and it would be awesome to know the rest of them. But on the other side, Trixie is still a mistery in the show despite her popularity amongst the fans, so giving her some more screen time would be quite as great.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 03:44PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 03:41PM EST
Quote

Dr. Gregory Horse The Pony Medic wrote:

Well, that’s being quite common from a little while ago, but we always manage to fill them with fruit salad untill they have enough and leave, so I ain’t worrying much about it.


@Muffinator

I’m stuck between Daring Do and Trixie. One is the main character of a series of adventure books and it would be awesome to know the rest of them. But on the other side, Trixie is still a mistery in the show despite her popularity amongst the fans, so giving her some more screen time would be quite as great.

Why not a prequel story on how Equestria was made

-The Discord years
-The birth of Nightmare Moon
-Luna Banishement
(could be as a movie)

Or maybe a CMC series when Applebloom,Sweetie Bell,& Scootaloo are older ?(Like Naruto Shippuden)

also
Daring doo & Trixie sound a good idea to me

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:51PM EST

Muffins wrote:

So Hasbro is now looking for some ideas for a new pony-related side series. You guys got any ideas?

Also, when exactly will this thread close? At the start of the 200th page, the end of the 199th, the end of the 200th, etc.? And how long does it usually take for a new thread to start?

It’s not actually Hasbro, it’s just EqD starting a discussion for the sake of discussion.

I would have suggested an anthology series where every episode focused on a new pony but the post specifically says a single pony so…..I’m probably gonna say Braeburn for no other reason than I’m in the mood for some westerns right now :P

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 04:09PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 03:52PM EST
Quote

burning_phoneix wrote:

It’s not actually Hasbro, it’s just EqD starting a discussion for the sake of discussion.

I would have suggested an anthology series where every episode focused on a new pony but the post specifically says a single pony so…..I’m probably gonna say Braeburn for no other reason than I’m in the mood for some westerns right now :P

I would want to see something to do with Canterlot – maybe make it about a pony working for Celestia. The setting has a lot of potential, and the show hardly ever actually goes there. It would be nice to see it get a bit more fleshed out.

Feb 19, 2012 at 03:58PM EST
Quote

Platus wrote:

I would want to see something to do with Canterlot – maybe make it about a pony working for Celestia. The setting has a lot of potential, and the show hardly ever actually goes there. It would be nice to see it get a bit more fleshed out.

When you said that, I was reminded of The Office. What if there was a pony show that had a premise of The Office with the ponies who work in Celestia’s castle? IMAGINE IT!!!

Feb 19, 2012 at 04:19PM EST
Quote

Muffins wrote:

So Hasbro is now looking for some ideas for a new pony-related side series. You guys got any ideas?

Also, when exactly will this thread close? At the start of the 200th page, the end of the 199th, the end of the 200th, etc.? And how long does it usually take for a new thread to start?

It’s a hypothetical situation up for discussion on EqD. Hasbro isn’t asking for ideas now.

However, one person in the comments made a good point. Lauren wanted to have a show that was meant to be enjoyed by anyone who watched it. It needed to be targeted at young girls, but the fandom is a testament to how it’s enjoyed by many (including some parents who are also part of the fandom.) I say stick to the same execution but just take out the end goal of delivering a moral.

Perhaps allow bittersweet endings (and maybe the occasional, flat-out sad one like with Bunny from the Powerpuff Girls,) and basically giving DHX the freedom to take Lauren’s show bible and making episodes from it. I wouldn’t change much: I’d just loosen up the “restrictions” even further. They won’t turn it into something entirely different if DHX was given more freedom, so I’d like to see what they’d do with that before anything else.
 
If there had to be a side-series, then I’d either like to see the CMC grown up as the focus of the show and the mane six being the side characters (along with new characters and stuff.) If not that, then maybe something like what I saw with Pokémon Chronicles, where an entire series is devoted to side stories and not just one character.

  • Just what was Twilight doing when she was trying to summarize her letters to Princess Celestia?
  • Some backstory with the Apple family.
  • teh sexei tiems with Braeburn What is Braeburn doing now?
  • What does Celestia do whenever she’s being useless during a crisis situation?
    • I know that there’s a reason for some of those situations, but still. You can cast a sleep spell on Spike to keep Ponyville from getting smashed.
    • What about Luna?
  • What is Trixie and Gilda up to?
  • Freakin’ Scootaloo.

Also, the thread will be locked sometime during the 200th page. The thread will open up at about the same time. If I’m here, then I’ll see the 200th page approaching, begin to start the new thread, and once it hits 200, I’ll lock it, and hit Create Thread (or whatever it says…I don’t make threads very often.)

No matter who does it, the transition likely won’t take more than 5 minutes. But if it does take longer, let a mod open up the new thread. I think the older users know why we make new threads, so it may not be as much of a problem. But to make sure the thread doesn’t start off with 5 pages of justifying the existence of a new Pony General, mods try to start it instead.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 04:33PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 04:29PM EST

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 04:43PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 04:29PM EST
Quote

RandomMan wrote:

That second panel………….

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 04:44PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 04:40PM EST
Quote

hello,
Im just here to inform you that an agreement has been made between the G4… troll and me.
many of you probably remember at least parts of what was happening.
long story short i was continuing to troll him back a bit more until i probably creeped him out a little.
anyway, he asked for a negotiation and since he didn’t want to discuss (anymore) i agreed. i’m not really proud of how it ended. i would have preferred if it was voluntary but i think overall it’s still the best realistic solution for both sides.

he will neither post nor create any more pony/brony hater comics as long as i stop my counter trolling activities towards him. it’s working for a few days now, so i think it’s honest. However, if you see him continuing you can remind him of this arrangement.

because of that agreement i also won’t answer with any of the involved accounts in public.

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 05:06PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 05:05PM EST
Quote

donut joe wrote:

hello,
Im just here to inform you that an agreement has been made between the G4… troll and me.
many of you probably remember at least parts of what was happening.
long story short i was continuing to troll him back a bit more until i probably creeped him out a little.
anyway, he asked for a negotiation and since he didn’t want to discuss (anymore) i agreed. i’m not really proud of how it ended. i would have preferred if it was voluntary but i think overall it’s still the best realistic solution for both sides.

he will neither post nor create any more pony/brony hater comics as long as i stop my counter trolling activities towards him. it’s working for a few days now, so i think it’s honest. However, if you see him continuing you can remind him of this arrangement.

because of that agreement i also won’t answer with any of the involved accounts in public.

I guess you’re the same user as the dupe account. Although your IP is slightly different.

Let’s hope he behaves from now on.

He has been banned twice so far, so he’s on thin ice. Agreement or not.

Feb 19, 2012 at 05:11PM EST
Quote

donut joe wrote:

hello,
Im just here to inform you that an agreement has been made between the G4… troll and me.
many of you probably remember at least parts of what was happening.
long story short i was continuing to troll him back a bit more until i probably creeped him out a little.
anyway, he asked for a negotiation and since he didn’t want to discuss (anymore) i agreed. i’m not really proud of how it ended. i would have preferred if it was voluntary but i think overall it’s still the best realistic solution for both sides.

he will neither post nor create any more pony/brony hater comics as long as i stop my counter trolling activities towards him. it’s working for a few days now, so i think it’s honest. However, if you see him continuing you can remind him of this arrangement.

because of that agreement i also won’t answer with any of the involved accounts in public.

I guess you’re the same user as the dupe account. Although your IP is slightly different.

Let’s hope he behaves from now on.

He has been banned twice so far, so he’s on thin ice. Agreement or not.

Its probably me with a secret overseas illegal IP adress

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 05:21PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 05:16PM EST

Al right, who keeps shipping my Luna with that bitch Trixie?


I want names, dammit! NAMES!


@Greg
Third strip on that collection of comics. TF2 when they take away my weapons when people complain I’m overpowered. sniff It’s so sad! ;_;

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 05:21PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 05:20PM EST
Quote

Derp Banned wrote:

Everyone to 4chan 4chan mlp

Last edited Feb 19, 2012 at 05:32PM EST
Feb 19, 2012 at 05:28PM EST

donut joe wrote:

hello,
Im just here to inform you that an agreement has been made between the G4… troll and me.
many of you probably remember at least parts of what was happening.
long story short i was continuing to troll him back a bit more until i probably creeped him out a little.
anyway, he asked for a negotiation and since he didn’t want to discuss (anymore) i agreed. i’m not really proud of how it ended. i would have preferred if it was voluntary but i think overall it’s still the best realistic solution for both sides.

he will neither post nor create any more pony/brony hater comics as long as i stop my counter trolling activities towards him. it’s working for a few days now, so i think it’s honest. However, if you see him continuing you can remind him of this arrangement.

because of that agreement i also won’t answer with any of the involved accounts in public.

Feb 19, 2012 at 05:57PM EST
Quote

Move bitch get out the way, it’s time for ponies!

Feb 19, 2012 at 05:59PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!