Forums / Discussion / General

232,914 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

North Korean Missile Launch Expected in Next 24 to 48 Hours

Last posted Apr 14, 2012 at 03:05AM EDT. Added Apr 11, 2012 at 10:00PM EDT
47 posts from 28 users

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

I'm from Texas.

Those fuckers are welcome to bring their best shot.

I am as well. I was somewhat worried that, if they choose a spot to strike, it'll be Houston. I don't know why they'd do that, but there's always a chance of something happening.

Erin ◕ω◕ wrote:

Someone keep an eye on the dolphin population.

If they leave, shit gonna go down.

The ballistic missile is actually planned to crash east of Australia into the pacific ocean. They might just be leaving because they're going to get nuked.

Normally I would say I'm fucked because I live in Virginia (aka Military Industry Province) however because I live in Appalachia and the Blue Ridge Mountains, I'm safe from any nuclear fallout.

Come at me, NK.

The rocket is now expected to travel south by southeast, crossing over the Philippines and, if successful, splashing down in waters not far from Australia.

East of Australia? ….

View Larger Map

WTF NORTH KOREA!? KEEP YOUR DAMN MISSILES AWAY FROM ME!

We're all going to die…this is it guys, this is the end of Ozzies and Kiwi's on KYM. There will be no more marmite served in the JFF forum. Who's going to throw Jarate at people now?

But seriously, I'm really not that worried for the following reasons:

1. It's a satellite rocket, not a nuke. If they launch an actual nuke they will get their asses kicked.

2. It's North Korea. Wherever they plan on having it go, they will most likely screw it up. Assuming it even manages to launch, it will probably go backwards and land in Mongolia.

3. It's North Korea

Last edited Apr 12, 2012 at 05:29AM EDT

Commodore 64 wrote:

Ah, North Korea… news about you is always so interesting… Seriously though, this isn't a weapon they're launching. Yet.

This supposedly isn't a weapon. After all, we can't trust North Korea to tell the truth about itself.

Their Great Successor is doing this to show his military he's go balls, so they don't try any coup business.
North Korea knows that if it nukes something else, their entire country will burn, while their enemies will walk away with the losses of a few cities.

MDFification wrote:

Their Great Successor is doing this to show his military he's go balls, so they don't try any coup business.
North Korea knows that if it nukes something else, their entire country will burn, while their enemies will walk away with the losses of a few cities.

The loss of a few cities? Not at all. A good nuclear strike will spread fallout hundreds of miles. It'll poison and kill thousands of people, and if it's hit an agricultural center or other area of supply, hundreds more will probably die of food shortage. Imagine France getting hit by one of those. The entire country, plus some of its neighbors, would be doused in radiation.

So, if NK really wanted to break down one of its enemies, two or three nuclear strikes, hitting the right spots, could take down even the sturdiest of countries.

Piano wrote:

The loss of a few cities? Not at all. A good nuclear strike will spread fallout hundreds of miles. It'll poison and kill thousands of people, and if it's hit an agricultural center or other area of supply, hundreds more will probably die of food shortage. Imagine France getting hit by one of those. The entire country, plus some of its neighbors, would be doused in radiation.

So, if NK really wanted to break down one of its enemies, two or three nuclear strikes, hitting the right spots, could take down even the sturdiest of countries.

I had no idea the radiation could spread that far…

Piano wrote:

NK's using archaic nuclear technology, to the best of our knowledge. They have something akin to the bombs used the Americans in WWII. A few of those could conceivable do a lot of harm to a small country, including poisoning it, but unless they're striking something Japan-sized or smaller (which they could- worrying) then their enemies will survive.
This is moot, though. NK doesn't have the resources to strike all the nuclear-armed powers in the world that oppose it, and even if it did, Polaris-style missiles guarantee second strike capability.

William Schnell wrote:

I had no idea the radiation could spread that far…

A species of kelp is now dying off on the shores of California because of radiation coming from the Fukushima meltdown. Radiation is vicious, and spreads very far.

Last edited Apr 12, 2012 at 06:33PM EDT

Nikolaki8 wrote:

I'll fucking murder the Koreans if the missile even splashes a spec water on my beautiful country.

Chaos theory. Bound to happen.

Also radiation from Japan's reactors have already reached the United States. It's quite possible, depending on where they are being launched, the same could happen.
WHO KNOWS

Cale wrote:

BRB, gotta get more 5mms;

PS: Kill all west-coasters and Romans on sight.

A minigun? Really? Those things use up way too much ammo and degrade quickly..

Hahahaha!

You see guys, what did I tell you? I was right.

You all thought the rocket would land near Australia, instead it went the wrong way and lands in between South Korea and China. How did I know? As I said: It's North Korea

Grand engineering projects like rockets and skyscrapers are all beyond NK's reach economically. They don't have the technology, they don't have the resources, they don't have the skills.

Rocket science isn't as easy as the US makes it look. A lot of brainpower goes into successfully guiding a ballistic missile across continents, let alone into space. NK doesn't have that by far.

It requires state of the art perfection. The tiniest and simplest mistake causes space shuttles to explode violently. If the US couldn't avoid disasters like that despite their advanced space technology and experience, what makes you think NK can do it without screwing up?

Lastly it really was a satellite and not a nuke by the looks of things. I'm sure that despite how crazy NK is, they still are not crazy enough to waste a nuke on the pacific ocean which would have costed them more than their entire nations GDP.

It costs NK enough trouble as it is just building one nuke. Why waste it on water? If NK has a nuke then they would reserve that for their mortal Nemesis: South Korea. Not a simple rocket test and certainly not the US

Iced Hot Chocolate wrote:

> 2012
> Not using Gatling Lasers

>Implying I have Energy Weapons as a skill

@Citation:
>Implying I don't carry substantial supplies of ammo and Repair Kits.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!