Forums / Discussion / General

233,053 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

Free Copy of Midnight Club 2 on Steam

Last posted May 11, 2012 at 10:24PM EDT. Added May 10, 2012 at 11:04PM EDT
25 posts from 6 users

I love the Midnight Club series. The first, 2 and 3. The reason I bought Jimmy Eat World's Futures and Morningwood's self-titled album.

But that requires me getting Steam, so lolnope. Besides, I prefer to play with a controller.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Already have it for PS2, prefer gamepad.

Explain why I should waste hard drive space.

Because it's free? And you don't actually have to download it. Joining their group will add the game to your library, you can download it whenever if you want to.

Cite wrote:

Because it's free? And you don't actually have to download it. Joining their group will add the game to your library, you can download it whenever if you want to.

Will only do it under two circumstances:

1) Gamepad support.

2) Online multiplayer still functions.

1) Gamepad support.

I don't know if it has Gamepad support, but being a PC game, I'm certain multiplayer still functions.

1) Gamepad support.

I can confirm it has gamepad support. Checking the steam forums shows that people still play this game online.

But there's a big hiccup.

Midnight Club 2 does not support Windows Vista or 7!

A guy on the steam forums made a patch to get it working:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730578

But I guess when handing out such a game for free that a patch is gonna come out to allow it to play on those newer systems.

Verbose wrote:

But that requires me getting Steam, so lolnope. Besides, I prefer to play with a controller.

Controller is supported.

burning_phoneix wrote:

Actually, after some Steam updates, it's fine now, according to Reddit.

burning_phoneix wrote:

I can confirm it has gamepad support. Checking the steam forums shows that people still play this game online.

But there's a big hiccup.

A guy on the steam forums made a patch to get it working:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730578

But I guess when handing out such a game for free that a patch is gonna come out to allow it to play on those newer systems.

Verbose wrote:

Controller is supported.

Rockin'.

Just one last side issue, not really important ore anything, but do we have custom soundtrack support? 'Cause I don't much care for typical "street racer" music, you know, rap, hip-hop, that kind of crap.

I prefer rock.

Rockin'.

Just one last side issue, not really important ore anything, but do we have custom soundtrack support? 'Cause I don't much care for typical "street racer" music, you know, rap, hip-hop, that kind of crap.

I prefer rock.

No t sure but I think you can go into options, turn off the music and then just have iTunes or something running in the background.

And don't say that drains system resources, MC2 is a 9 year old game you can run it just fine :P

burning_phoneix wrote:

No t sure but I think you can go into options, turn off the music and then just have iTunes or something running in the background.

And don't say that drains system resources, MC2 is a 9 year old game you can run it just fine :P

I don't have iTunes, and I don't want to keep a Youtube window up at all times while playing.

You haven't seen anything indicating custom soundtrack support?

I don't have iTunes, and I don't want to keep a Youtube window up at all times while playing.

You haven't seen anything indicating custom soundtrack support?

Sigh, I'm sure you could just replace the game's sound files easily enough.

Verbose wrote:

burning_phoneix wrote:

Controller is supported.

I mean, I have to get some hardware to hook the PS2 controller up to it. It's good to know though.

Xbox 360 wired controllers function just fine with Windows PCs. They're USB plug and play. :)

Cite wrote:

Sigh, I'm sure you could just replace the game's sound files easily enough.

I'd rather not, since I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference between an in-game sound effect's file and a music file.

I'd rather not, since I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference between an in-game sound effect's file and a music file.

Are you trying be difficult?
It honestly shouldn't be that difficult to tell what the file names for music is.

Cite wrote:

Are you trying be difficult?
It honestly shouldn't be that difficult to tell what the file names for music is.

Do you have to be so condescending about it?

I've never done anything of the sort before. I'm predominantly a console gamer. I don't have experience with this kind of thing.

Captain Serious wrote:

Do you have to be so condescending about it?
I’ve never done anything of the sort before. I’m predominantly a console gamer. I don’t have experience with this kind of thing.

>me
>not be condescending
Funny jokes.

Fridge Logic wrote:

Yeah, I really don’t want that…

I honestly couldn't care less about the game, but hey, it's free, so why the Hell not?

Could someone who is actually helpful and not a condescending asshole step forward please?

We'll stop being condescending when you declare your obvious love for My Little Pony.

Fridge wrote:

We'll stop being condescending when you declare your obvious love for My Little Pony.

Not this bullshit again…

This is getting as bad as the "supportgunner mains Peach" shit that drove me from IGN.

(For the record, I was the user "supportgunner" on IGN's boards. I was never able to shake the claims. I hate that place even now.)

(And I am really beginning to think that the internet is the same everywhere. It's all one giant pit of bullshit, trolls, lies, hatred and more bullshit.)

(I really don't want to have to leave. But I've always been straight with you about how much I hate MLP.)

(That is never going to change.)

(Like war…)

(War never changes…)

EDIT: Also, you're only being condescending because I'm a pony hater? Yeah, real nice way to make me want to be here. /sarcasm

I asked an honest question. I didn't mean anything toward anyone. What do I get in response?

Insults.

I'd be better off trying to start a conversation with the Great Wall of China.

Last edited May 11, 2012 at 08:12PM EDT

Not this bullshit again…

This is getting as bad as the "supportgunner mains Peach" shit that drove me from IGN.

(For the record, I was the user "supportgunner" on IGN's boards. I was never able to shake the claims. I hate that place even now.)

(And I am really beginning to think that the internet is the same everywhere. It's all one giant pit of bullshit, trolls, lies, hatred and more bullshit.)

(I really don't want to have to leave. But I've always been straight with you about how much I hate MLP.)

(That is never going to change.)

(Like war…)

(War never changes…)

EDIT: Also, you're only being condescending because I'm a pony hater? Yeah, real nice way to make me want to be here. /sarcasm

I asked an honest question. I didn't mean anything toward anyone. What do I get in response?

Insults.

I'd be better off trying to start a conversation with the Great Wall of China.

You know what?

You need to learn how to take a damn joke.

Fridge wrote:

You know what?

You need to learn how to take a damn joke.

I take it Chris sent you a message?

But that aside, just look at my username. I think it speaks for itself.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!