Forums / Discussion / General

233,015 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
KYM Pony General VI: Return of the Poni

Last posted Apr 19, 2013 at 12:20AM EDT. Added Jul 01, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
10166 posts from 235 users

@Jackal Lantern

That was an excellent reply, thanks for that. I had never made that particular connection between the episodes' stories and the styles of the writers. Naturally, I've had a basic sense for certain writers like AKR who tend to make well-received episodes overall, but your further insight into the matter intrigues me. As you said, it would be quite nice if someone like Morrow was behind the script for Fluttershy's dragon escapade, but whoever writes it, I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the living muffins out of it anyway.

@Possible villain guy

I've been withholding my opinion on this fellow to see what everyone else's thoughts on him are. He does look remarkably cliche in many ways, but the creative team has never really let me down with new characters before, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:22AM EDT

Memelord wrote:

it looks like vlad from Danny Phantom became a pony and went to ponyville

Well, at least Vlad didn't have a really shitty design.

Fridge wrote:

Well, at least Vlad didn't have a really shitty design.

I'm neutral about the villan for Season 3. I mean we didn't saw him in an episode yet.
It may turn out that he is not a bad guy after all. Who knows?
The design could be better, It looks like something that crawled out fromHomestuck

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 10:26AM EDT

Windigo With Salad wrote:

"Listen cloppers, do us all a favor & don’t talk to the Stern show…or any media about what u do behind closed stables..not that I don’t

Sorry, it cut off half of my post for some reason. (How embarrassing)

"Listen cloppers, do us all a favor & don’t talk to the Stern show…or any media about what u do behind closed stables..not that I don’t (heart) U" -Tara Strong via Twitter.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 01:35PM EDT

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

I'm neutral about the villan for Season 3. I mean we didn't saw him in an episode yet.
It may turn out that he is not a bad guy after all. Who knows?
The design could be better, It looks like something that crawled out fromHomestuck

That statement is an insult to Homestuck. It looks like it crawled out of the Facebook Ponymaker.

Regarding Tara's quote about Howard Stern: Pics or it didn't happen.

Fridge wrote:

That statement is an insult to Homestuck. It looks like it crawled out of the Facebook Ponymaker.

Regarding Tara's quote about Howard Stern: Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh, Fridge…
You and your skepticism…

And the source: TWITTER

DeadParrot222 wrote:

Oh, Fridge…
You and your skepticism…

And the source: TWITTER

Heh, I love that Tara doesn't mind what people do behind closed doors, but yeah, don't go out and speak about it in public or in places such as here. I know there are sites that don't mind that, but KYM is not one of 'em.

As for Howard Stern himself and his show, I'll refer you to Daring Do's new book.

just gonna state something not regarding anything pony related, but towards Stern.

I kinda grew up watching, and listening to him since I was 8… I'm almost 19 now….
No my parents never really knew that I knew about Stern. Not until like I was 12. I personally find him "Amusing"

>2012
>Howard Stern acting as if something is undesirable
>He gave a free toilet to the person with the biggest bowel movement on air
>I shiggidy diggidy doe flippity floppity shibbidy flibbidy gumbo chops

Tara was pretty reasonable in her response, and I think it's a good idea. I also think we should ignore Howard, because who gives a fuck?

@Fridge:

Actually, when I first saw that thing I did think it was a ponified character from Homestuck. Sorry, bro, but that's what it resembles.

@Tara Strong on cloppers

well, that was…reasonable…WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL TARA, IMPOSTER?!?

@Fridge Logic

Skepticism, applied throughly, leads to an epistemological black hole where nothing is known and nothing can be known. Anyone who claims to be a skeptic and that their skepticism has led them to truth is a hypocrite.

Question

Who is this pony at the bottom of the screen and why do we never talk about her? Was she crushing on Twist or Truffle Shuffle I wonder.

Ashki wrote:

Heh, I love that Tara doesn't mind what people do behind closed doors, but yeah, don't go out and speak about it in public or in places such as here. I know there are sites that don't mind that, but KYM is not one of 'em.

As for Howard Stern himself and his show, I'll refer you to Daring Do's new book.

No fucks in there, only clop.

Glad to see Tara is so mature about this sort of thing, her and Faust both. It warms my heart when people who don't frequent the same places of the Internet as I can look past the bad.

@Fifths

We don't pay any attention to the other fillies because we're too busy creating fanon about Scootaloo's presumably horrible life. In all seriousness, though, it's not likely she's crushing on Twist. Twist is worst pony, although I'm wondering why we haven't seen more of her. Applebloom just sort of abandoned her for her new friends.

@Fifths
That filly is known as Tootsie Flute and while art of her is pretty rare, she is most commonly portrayed as the child (magical lesbian spawn) of Lyra and Bonbon.

Her cutie mark changes sometimes, too.

The only time I like Howard Stern is on America's Got Talent. So, the next topic is since Shining Armor and Candence got married last season, will they have a baby this season?

chowzburgerz wrote:

The only time I like Howard Stern is on America's Got Talent. So, the next topic is since Shining Armor and Candence got married last season, will they have a baby this season?

I dunno…

But seeing a Shining Armor cowering underneath his desk from the gigantic, preggers, hormone-enraged Tyrannosaurus Rex that he once called His "Shmoopie-doopie pony pie" would make me lose my collective sh!t.

I would also enjoy seeing him constantly calling up Celestia and begging her to declare war on Gryffindom so that he would valid excuse to leave his house for over 9 months.

Just a thought, Hasbro…

I'm not really convinced that this new villain is legit. would anything in this show really have a blood stained looking horn? Probably not, right? There's also no detail in his mane and I'm pretty sure every one we've seen so far in the show has at least had lines in it. Unless he's supposed to have a pitch black mane because he's so bad or something, I don't see them breaking design consistency like that and I also think it would be more elaborate. Oh and that horn of his is also missing an outline. Horns are always outlined as far as I know.

Anyways I think he looks okay, but he just doesn't look like studio B's work to me so I can help but think he isn't.

Also this page needs moar Twilight.

@howard stern
What do I think about it?

I'm tired of 1) people talking about cloppers 2) cloppers carring what people think. People shouldn't concern themselves with something so trivial as what people find attractive, and cloppers should understand that it is out of the norm so they should expect people to be weirded out by that a bit and learn to not care about it. It's really agrivating that it always comes to this everywhere ponies are mentioned. Let's try to stay away from this topic for a while plz.

@faust and Strong
They do seem to be pretty tolorant towards that, but the cynic inside me thinks they just don't want to alinate anyone in the fandom or cause controversies, so they are taking a neutral stance. Then again, they could actually not care. The world may never know…

It's things like that that keeps me watching the show.
When Fluttershy is being all "assertive", she acts by the assertiveness tips Iron Will gave her, or just copies his mannerisms.

@Howard Sten topic:

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

So yeah I was Like this in the first Pony General thread.
Me back then regarding ponies, and bronies

Now this is me awkwardly befriending you guys.

As you can see I'm trying my best.

Welcome to the thread.

SORRY ABOUT DOUBLE POST, BUT WATCH THIS SHIT, DISCOVERED VIA 4CHAN:
YES IT'S A PARODY.

Also the "not understanding who is best pony" at 1:31 broke the SPERG counter for me, Opspe and Verbs are lucky the maker of this vid only increased the meter by one…

@RandomMan below: either you are using VERY strong sarcasm, or you didn't watch it to the end.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:39PM EDT

X wrote:

YES IT'S A PARODY.

Also the "not understanding who is best pony" at 1:31 broke the SPERG counter for me, Opspe and Verbs are lucky the maker of this vid only increased the meter by one…

@RandomMan below: either you are using VERY strong sarcasm, or you didn't watch it to the end.

That was so fucking biased it's not even funny.

I honestly can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:40PM EDT

X wrote:

YES IT'S A PARODY.

>Mfw I finished the video, even though it was a parody.

I honestly thought he was serious until I saw the end of it. When I saw the end I laughed. But through the entire video I just stared blankly at the screen thinking if this guy was serious.

Oh yeah, the comments on that video are like no other.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Howard Stern's take on Bronies.

And:

Again, someone go against us… If we survived FOX News, we'll survive to this.
Seriously, people like talked so much shit about us that it reached a point where that has no impact to the Brony-community as a whole.
If only women liked My Little Pony nobody would talk such things, but if men like it there is a HUGE shitstorm.
Is this what society has come to? Hate people because they like different things?

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:48PM EDT

Well, what did I miss? sorry about my leave of absence I am still busy with my accelerated English course, but I just logged in to see what I missed. Does anyone dare to fill me in on the details I have missed?
@Pony survey video
It is a parody, it even states that at the end of the video, but I do admit that it did rustle my jimmies a bit until the favorite pony section, that made me realize it was a parody.

@Howard Stern Video
Who is Howard Stern and why should I care? His name sounds like a washed out actor.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:47PM EDT

X wrote:

YES IT'S A PARODY.

Hahaha, that was great! Im sure he has been thumed down to oblivion because people didn't bother watching till the end.

@bruno
Dude….. It's a joke. Calm yo tits.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT

Dac wrote:

Hahaha, that was great! Im sure he has been thumed down to oblivion because people didn't bother watching till the end.

@bruno
Dude….. It's a joke. Calm yo tits.

Ha! Shows what you know! The like/dislike ratio is mostly positive, as a matter of fact. Have a little faith in your fellow brony, Dac. (Note: You may find a number of goofballs in the comments, but that's only because the goofballs are the ones who comment.)

@BoxFigs, below

Yes, it's a parody of the criticisms that bronies receive, meant to sarcastically convey the hypocrisy of many of the complaints people have against us fans. I began to realize that when he started making fun of both the young and old, the hetero and the homo, etc. and so on, especially the best pony thing. The only thing I dislike about it is how much attention this kind of joke seems to get.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:07PM EDT

@Howard Stern (and practically the rest of the media)

That type of reaction would be understandable if this was about the previous MLP generations. And that is what many people expect it to be. Even I thought the same thing at first. But we all know it's different than those past generations, it has been made to be more like a regular cartoon.

@Video that X-singular posted

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

That's an example of when people want to find a reason to believe something, they'll find a reason, no matter how much they have to skew facts. He had the belief in his head that all bronies are homosexual, so he automatically thought the respondents who said they were hetrosexual were lying. He also seems to think that "favorite" means "most sexually attracted to" on the favorite pony list, and finding something negative to say about the fans of each pony listed.

In general, he seems to think his opinions are fact and is attempting to justify them. It's pitiful that some people aren't open to changing their opinions.
He's so negative it makes me wonder if he's made of antimatter.

Wait a minute, how the hay did he know what the characters' personalties are in order to say those negative things? He must've gone on the MLP Wiki or something.
I don't think he has a favorite pony, he just chose one of the less popular ones to have something negative to say.

I have no idea what a "SPERG" is, but it can't be something good.

EDIT: Wait, that video is a joke?! That was so not obvious.

(Sheesh, I can't type today. I keep messing up.)

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:02PM EDT

@Howard Stern:
The second that I heard he sent interviewers to only find the clo…
Actually, the second I heard Howard Stern was reporting on bronies I decided not to care.

@chowsburgerz:
Cadence came right out of nowhere. It would be cool if they did eps on Cadence/Shining Armor but it's fairly unlikely. Chances are they are going to have a kid; the real question is, will it be an alicorn since Cadence, or will pony genetics break the laws of biology yet again?
Of course, the safe money is on Cadence/Shining Armor getting Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

Wow, thanks people. I didn't bother watching the final seconds until you all made me aware of it. He got me good, the creator of that vid is a quality troll.

It made the second time watching it a lot better.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:29PM EDT

Uh, hey guys. First-time poster, longtime lurker. Been a brony for almost a year now (wow time flies) but never got around to joining a forum. KYM cracks me up and you guys are fucking hilarious, so I figured this'd be a good board.

@ the Howard Stern topic: he's a "shock-jock," so he naturally wants to rustle a few jimmies. What better way than bringing up bronies, anthro, etc.? It's a program, so no big deal.

I guess for first post I'll share a quick story. A few days ago I was celebrating a college graduation with some friends at my house. I had a lot to drink (par for the course) and blacked out at 2 or 3 a.m. Woke up feeling peachy, but when I logged on to Xbox I realized I'd switched my gamertag to "RBowDash" the previous night. Lol'd fucking hard at that. Hey, but really, I REGRET NOTHING! Hope to have some good conversations with y'all.

@Tim
Howard Stern is a radio 'shock jock' who is essentially paid to try to be as offensive as humanly possible at pretty much all times.
That implies that nothing he says should be taken very seriously, but no doubt it will be by people on both sides of the issue.
I personally don't find him funny in the slightest so I could not possibly care less about his opinion.

@BoxFigs
His reaction, while 'understandable,' is still not justifiable beyond a very short time span.
Yes, everyone was initially a little weirded out by the idea of guys liking MLP, but anyone with an ounce of tolerance or human decency would say, 'You like MLP?! Huh? Well, okay then,' and move on.
Finding someone that you feel is weird and then using a national media platform to attack them is just dumb.
That goes for fans of current MLP and past generations.
Just because the older ones are less popular doesn't suddenly make the fans more open to or deserving of ridicule.

@The Second Video
Seems we need to say this again but IT'S A PARODY!
Come on guys, he literally insults every single demographic breakdown in the study.
It's pretty obvious even without the giveaway at the end.
I was laughing the whole time, especially when I noticed Eminem singing 'Mom's spaghetti' in the background.

@Krebs
Always glad to have some new people 'round these parts!
This may not be the most appropriate gif, considering your story, but what the hay:

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:28PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Wow, thanks people. I didn't bother watching the final seconds until you all made me aware of it. He got me good, the creator of that vid is a quality troll.

It made the second time watching it a lot better.

Sucessful troll was sucessful then I take it?

This kinda trolling is what I like to see, and of course Tara Strong's Twitter account.

@Bruno: Thar's unfortuantly the world we live in. Women are allowed to like things guys like, but not the other way around. Double standard much?

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:28PM EDT

My gosh, that was hilarious. I kinda thought he was being serious at first, and then it got seriously funny. I should post that on my profile at some point, but then again, I do want respondents to take the questionnaire seriously.

I'm going to love those comments in the YouTube video.

Also, amongst more than just opspe and I, KYM has put out "Ponysexual" and contradictory answers (which I still stand by,) for people to laugh at.

I say that we got good information from the fandom and we made people laugh. Win/win situation.

KrebsSickle wrote:

Uh, hey guys. First-time poster, longtime lurker. Been a brony for almost a year now (wow time flies) but never got around to joining a forum. KYM cracks me up and you guys are fucking hilarious, so I figured this'd be a good board.

@ the Howard Stern topic: he's a "shock-jock," so he naturally wants to rustle a few jimmies. What better way than bringing up bronies, anthro, etc.? It's a program, so no big deal.

I guess for first post I'll share a quick story. A few days ago I was celebrating a college graduation with some friends at my house. I had a lot to drink (par for the course) and blacked out at 2 or 3 a.m. Woke up feeling peachy, but when I logged on to Xbox I realized I'd switched my gamertag to "RBowDash" the previous night. Lol'd fucking hard at that. Hey, but really, I REGRET NOTHING! Hope to have some good conversations with y'all.

Hello, welcome to the thread. RandomMan is now your all mighty master, and you are now part of his army of bitches like we all are. You will love it here, we drive all newcomers to insanity love making new friends. I'm the regular picture guy who rarely ever talks. So this is a rare experience. Also, rule #1 of this thread: Please don't talk about what happened to Derpy. We had a lot of conflict when it happened, and we would like no one to bring it up. Rule #2: Rainbow Dash is best pony and don't you forget it. Rule #3: Remember to have fun.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 08:30PM EDT

@ X-singular's video post: Gotta agree with X-singular, one of the funniest (and most obvious trolling mechanisms) was "Rarity: not understanding who best pony is." Definitely laughed out loud.

And Verbose, you should /totally/ post that on your profile! I mean, you were referenced by your (internet) name on there haha. Most people will gradually understand. It sure didn't take this thread long.

Haha thanks Zarathh, will definitely keep all that in mind. Time to go back to lurking…over a nice hard cider. Thanks for the welcome, /) (\ to all.

Last edited Jul 17, 2012 at 09:03PM EDT

@Howard Stern topic
Well i feel a little offended but i thought it was completely fucking stupid. I stopped listening after about 27 seconds because i just knew this was going to piss me off.

@The parody video with the brony subculture thing
Well i don't find myself really offended by it. I mean i find that pretty fucking funny really.

@New members
Welcome! Its nice to see all of you here. You wont regret coming on here! I don't post much here so i doubt you'll hardly see me but im glad to have you here anyways!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!