Forums / Discussion / General

174,277 total conversations in 5,725 threads

+ New Thread


2012 United States President Election General

Last posted Nov 09, 2012 at 12:17PM EST. Added Nov 06, 2012 at 09:27PM EST
44 posts from 31 users

Because you know you want to discuss it. Even those of you who aren’t American.

I’m currently camped out in a small auditorium in my college watching the election. I’m doing a post-election cartoon for the school paper, so I kinda have to watch the whole thing. Nonetheless, it’s really interesting to watch.

I feel like I should go to Stormfront and take some quotes for your amusement, but we’d all end up vomiting.

So yeah, I’d rather not.

Things are pretty hectic right now where I live. The mayhem climaxed at around five or so, where the rush of my classmates all scattered to get their votes in. It’s calmed down since then, albeit not by much.

Also, check this out.

Fun Police wrote:

I feel like I should go to Stormfront and take some quotes for your amusement, but we’d all end up vomiting.

So yeah, I’d rather not.

Things are pretty hectic right now where I live. The mayhem climaxed at around five or so, where the rush of my classmates all scattered to get their votes in. It’s calmed down since then, albeit not by much.

Also, check this out.

I really wish I could have voted now. Confound it that I didn’t get an absentee ballot.

I’m really worried on whose going to win here. I mean Obama was never a really good president other than adding a few jobs, taking down Bin Laden Ect ect ad there’s a lot of stuff in Romney’s Campaign that makes me disagree with him because if he gets elected then it’s really going to hurt some of the shit that I stand for in life. I heard that he want’s to take rights from gay people take more from the middle class take some benefits away from us ect ect.

What do you guy’s think?


Ah yes it appears to be the juggalo’s have won this one by a landslide from 98% to 1% on the other sides. WELCOME TO THE DARK CARNIVAL, IM MOVING TO CANANDA.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 10:06PM EST

I actually legitimately support Romney, though for only one real reason. In my opinion, a lot of the issues present in America are due to a misuse of government funds, and that taking care of the National debt would be a huge benefit to everyone. And, being honest, I think that dealing with the national debt is higher on Romney’s priorities than Obama’s is. I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s, but my focus at the moment is economic, and in a very specific way.

Not that it matters at this point.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 10:07PM EST

Teh Brawler wrote:

I actually legitimately support Romney, though for only one real reason. In my opinion, a lot of the issues present in America are due to a misuse of government funds, and that taking care of the National debt would be a huge benefit to everyone. And, being honest, I think that dealing with the national debt is higher on Romney’s priorities than Obama’s is. I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s, but my focus at the moment is economic, and in a very specific way.

Not that it matters at this point.

Personally, social issues and foreign policy are more important when choosing a president. Yes, I prefer Romney’s economic policy, but his foreign policy seems to be a bit of a mess and a bit over-agressive, and if you’re on the Internet you’re probably well aware of his stance on some certain social issues. Leave Congress to sort out the debt and budget (even though we all know they won’t). Lo and behold, the two times we manage to balance the budget, we have a Republican Congress and a Democratic president.

Call me too narrow-minded, but I support Obama, since Gary Johnson is not likely to win. Put someone like Romney in a position where he can better implement his fiscal policy – Governor Romney seems to work a lot more than President Romney.

Edit @Brawler, below

In my defense, I assumed nothing. I simply voiced my own opinions. I prefer Obama on the foreign policy front, if for no other reason than every foreign leader save Netanyahu seems to prefer him (gross exaggeration, yes, guilty as charged).


To hell with it, I can’t vote anyway.

Last edited Nov 06, 2012 at 10:36PM EST

ExudesAffluence wrote:

Personally, social issues and foreign policy are more important when choosing a president. Yes, I prefer Romney’s economic policy, but his foreign policy seems to be a bit of a mess and a bit over-agressive, and if you’re on the Internet you’re probably well aware of his stance on some certain social issues. Leave Congress to sort out the debt and budget (even though we all know they won’t). Lo and behold, the two times we manage to balance the budget, we have a Republican Congress and a Democratic president.

Call me too narrow-minded, but I support Obama, since Gary Johnson is not likely to win. Put someone like Romney in a position where he can better implement his fiscal policy – Governor Romney seems to work a lot more than President Romney.

Edit @Brawler, below

In my defense, I assumed nothing. I simply voiced my own opinions. I prefer Obama on the foreign policy front, if for no other reason than every foreign leader save Netanyahu seems to prefer him (gross exaggeration, yes, guilty as charged).


To hell with it, I can’t vote anyway.

Which is fair, but I’m not inclined to think Romney is going to have a huge impact on social issues in four years, especially if he has to undo everything Obama has done. And I’d rather have that much more focus on the issue from executive branch as well.

Besides, you’re assuming I disagree with Romney on overseas policy.

Watching this right now, the GOP just literally fucked up every senate seat needed to take it over. One seat in Indiana just fell to the Democrats…it should have remained Republican, but no, Murdock went out and made that statement of rape.

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Watching this right now, the GOP just literally fucked up every senate seat needed to take it over. One seat in Indiana just fell to the Democrats…it should have remained Republican, but no, Murdock went out and made that statement of rape.

Dunno. I wouldn’t want either party to straight up run the Senate or the House of Representatives. What I want is cooperation between the two prominent ideologies. I think that would be fair and might bring about the best results in terms of wide-ranging legislation (although, I don’t think the kinds of change either party would want would be as extensive as they would want them to be.)

On the whole, I would like to see more public health (specifically, the ACA) go without as much contention.

And I can speak as a public health student and a professional that the Affordable Care Act will do more good than harm. Romney seeks to repeal the Act, and I think it would ruin an already weak health system. I don’t see what needs to be in place being put into place with Romney at the helm.

Teh Brawler wrote:

I actually legitimately support Romney, though for only one real reason. In my opinion, a lot of the issues present in America are due to a misuse of government funds, and that taking care of the National debt would be a huge benefit to everyone. And, being honest, I think that dealing with the national debt is higher on Romney’s priorities than Obama’s is. I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s, but my focus at the moment is economic, and in a very specific way.

Not that it matters at this point.

This right here is also why I support Romney. I don’t agree with his views on things like abortion or gay marriage, but if he did win I don’t think there’d be too much focus on those things anyway.

Needless to say, I’m a little disappointed Obama won. Not surprised, just a little disappointed. All I have to say to Mr. Obama now is: You’d better not fuck things up. I have faith he can do good, the question is will he?

Projections are in… Obama won, or will win, when the votes are finalized. At 10:50 Central, most sites (I’m looking at Politico, CNN, FOX News and NBC News right now) are giving him 275 electoral votes based on projections, putting him over the 270 needed.

…oh, I see Crimson kinda beat me. Here’s some explanation for y’all.

So it’s official is it?

This has been a close election, that’s for sure.

‘I will finish what I started’ – Obama

Let’s hope you do. You’ve got another chance by a tiny margin, don’t waste it.

Also I couldn’t help but notice that both Obama and Romney are currently trending on KYM right now

[edit]

Haha, check out all the people crying like it’s the end of the world.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 12:16AM EST

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

So it’s official is it?

This has been a close election, that’s for sure.

‘I will finish what I started’ – Obama

Let’s hope you do. You’ve got another chance by a tiny margin, don’t waste it.

Also I couldn’t help but notice that both Obama and Romney are currently trending on KYM right now

[edit]

Haha, check out all the people crying like it’s the end of the world.

It’s not technically official yet, but I’m not holding my breath.

Meh.

As Ron Paul said, the “only winner this Election Day will be ‘the status quo.’”

Obama, Romney. More or less the same. Can’t do shit with a screwed up Congress, and I doubt either of them would make for effective leaders in the case it wasn’t.

I guess Obama would be a better candidate for maintaining the status quo though. Romney would probably fail really hard, and then just continue what Obama had planned.


Anyways, to all you California residents out there, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY VOTE FOR PROP 30 DO IT I CAN’T VOTE BUT YOU ALL SHOULD IF YOU DON’T WANT THIS STATE TO COMPLETELY FLOUNDER 20 YEARS DOWN THE ROAD BECAUSE THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IS SO HORRIBLE BAHH I CAN’T VOTE BUT SERIOUSLY DO IT SCREW THE FACT THAT THE POLLS ARE CLOSED VOTE ANYWAY PLEASE

Teh Brawler wrote:

I actually legitimately support Romney, though for only one real reason. In my opinion, a lot of the issues present in America are due to a misuse of government funds, and that taking care of the National debt would be a huge benefit to everyone. And, being honest, I think that dealing with the national debt is higher on Romney’s priorities than Obama’s is. I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s, but my focus at the moment is economic, and in a very specific way.

Not that it matters at this point.

>"I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s…"

You hate homosexuals, women, and the impoverished?

Cale wrote:

>"I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s…"

You hate homosexuals, women, and the impoverished?

Now, to be fair, there’s no way to tell what Romney actually thinks because he’s blatantly flip-flopped on every single social issue ever to secure his candidacy.

I’m just glad that the election is over so that all of these shitty, forced political memes relating to it will stop.

I’m not sure how much it matters who’s president, but I do prefer Obama.

For me though, this election was more about stopping the Republicans altogether…well, they still have the house, but since Obama’s taken office, the GOP went insanely too far right.

I don’t know what’s going to happen with the GOP during the next 4 years. Most believed that the GOP lost many races because of their failure to connect with blacks, latinos, women, young voters, gays/lesbians etc (the Log Cabin Republicans who are gay republicans (many who were in the army) were the ones trying to bring DADT down). But by continuing to go right, the GOP will not be able to reach out to their views and the white and old establishment will shrink more and more. If the GOP can’t embarce some of the new views being accepted, I think the party might end up splitting in half.

angstyHoodie OPERATOR wrote:

Somewhere out there, Katie C. is having a party sitting next to a fireplace, and enjoying a glass of champagne. (Top shelf, imported, of course.)

Actually, I started feeling sick when I got down ballot, and after my high wore off from Obama winning and I remembered how much of a mediocre President he is, I felt worse.

We still have a centre-right President in the White House, we still have Boehner as Speaker, a bunch of good proposals failed, and the State Houses didn’t go as Dem as expected.

Cale wrote:

>"I have social opinions that are in agreement with Romney’s…"

You hate homosexuals, women, and the impoverished?

Oh, Cale, always with the attempted instigation.

First off, I didn’t say I agreed with ALL of his opinions on social issues. If you desperately want to know specifics, we can wall-post it up like bros.

Second, your candidate won, so it really doesn’t matter, does it?

Teh Brawler wrote:

Oh, Cale, always with the attempted instigation.

First off, I didn’t say I agreed with ALL of his opinions on social issues. If you desperately want to know specifics, we can wall-post it up like bros.

Second, your candidate won, so it really doesn’t matter, does it?

I wasn’t “instigating”. Why would you think that?

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 07:40PM EST

I actually made a team each for the Democrats and Republicans on FIFA 13. Republicans lost 4-0.

Also who said that the USA should be the world’s policeman? I doubt anyone voted for that. Lose the big stick, then I’ll respect America.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 08:19PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!