+ New Thread

Puerto Rico wants to become the 51st state

Last posted Nov 10, 2012 at 01:11AM EST. Added Nov 07, 2012 at 07:54PM EST
47 posts from 29 users

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

How the hell are we going to design the flag if we have to add another star? xD

Either:
A). We go back to circles.

B). We stick with the same square like pattern.

I think B should be the new flag because it will be a less pain in the butt to draw, all you have to do is to put them in the right columns and rows. But that's just me. What flag do you guys think should be the best candidate for the country's flag, when we gain a new state?

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 08:24PM EST

@Ric
You forgot best flag.

Personally, I think it would be great if Puerto Rico gained statehood. Not sure how many opportunities would open up for them as a state but still.

Mexx Android wrote:

maricones*

Their isn't only one word for a homosexual in Spanish. Culero roughly translates to "assfucker", that is, a homosexual and it's obvoiusly deragotory.

Dac wrote:

Their isn't only one word for a homosexual in Spanish. Culero roughly translates to "assfucker", that is, a homosexual and it's obvoiusly deragotory.

I've heard people say maricones a lot more here then the word culeros. Or maybe i'm just not paying attention enough to what people say. Oh well, thanks for the fact.

Last edited Nov 07, 2012 at 11:19PM EST

Dac wrote:

@JaneDoe

Depends where youre from I guess. Its very common in Central America.

Yeah, terms differ depending on where you live. Sometimes, even language itself.

@Ann

A lot of people have been talking about being state for quite sometime now, so it's not a surprise. It only caught me off-guard when people actually voted that they finally wanted to be a US state.

Right now, I'm unsure if I should really be glad about this or not. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Last edited Nov 08, 2012 at 12:29AM EST

Dac wrote:

Well, if them Porto Reecans are deragatory to homersexuls, I guess they c'n join this here great union, even if they are Mexicans.

madcat wrote:

@Ric
You forgot best flag.

Personally, I think it would be great if Puerto Rico gained statehood. Not sure how many opportunities would open up for them as a state but still.

I think you forgot HAIL SATAN.

ZillieZephyr wrote:

Really? You're not serious right?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww, I am totally not joking. We will also have to scrap the "Fifty Nifty United States" song as well! This will totally be bad for our nations… er… stuff.

Yeah, I have no clue how you could have mistaken that for anything but a joke. Come back once you have grown a sense of humor.

Papa Coolface wrote:

Well, if them Porto Reecans are deragatory to homersexuls, I guess they c'n join this here great union, even if they are Mexicans.

I found this insulting to the great nation called Texas

MDFification wrote:

I think England should take you back

I think the dinosaurs should take the Earth back.

(I am trying to keep it relevant by posting a flag).

Last edited Nov 08, 2012 at 07:54PM EST

I think a lot of people are (Jokingly) suggesting that we absorb sovereign nations because they don't understand why Puerto Rico wants to become a state. (Not that I'm trying to be rude to those people, I only know of the issue because of an educational youtube video.)

Puerto Rico has been a territory (Basically a colony) of the US for years, is run under American laws, its citizens are American, and they pay American taxes. Yet they cannot vote on anything but local (Puertorican) issues. So they're gonna vote on whether or not they should become a state, and if the majority says yes… we will be the fifty-one goddamn states of 'Murica.

Last edited Nov 09, 2012 at 07:08PM EST

Reticent wrote:

I think a lot of people are (Jokingly) suggesting that we absorb sovereign nations because they don't understand why Puerto Rico wants to become a state. (Not that I'm trying to be rude to those people, I only know of the issue because of an educational youtube video.)

Puerto Rico has been a territory (Basically a colony) of the US for years, is run under American laws, its citizens are American, and they pay American taxes. Yet they cannot vote on anything but local (Puertorican) issues. So they're gonna vote on whether or not they should become a state, and if the majority says yes… we will be the fifty-one goddamn states of 'Murica.

>yfw I actually knew all of this, and that's why I was making the joke.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!