Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Super Smash Bros. General

Last posted Dec 09, 2012 at 12:27PM EST. Added Nov 25, 2012 at 10:07PM EST
24 posts from 14 users

See title for instructions.

With all the transformational final smashes out there, we need an item for them. Solution? The Chaos Emeralds.
Gravity boots would be cool, too: you could walk on the bottom of the stage, where only hotheads could easily hit you, and anyone who tried to knock you off themselves would probably self-destruct.

This is a very specific thread. Would you prefer to make this into a Smash Bros General thread?

On-topic: Something ridiculous but really fun.

…

I can't really think of an item, but… I guess if Snake is back in the new Super Smash Bros, his new smash should be summoning Metal Gear Rex, or have Drebin's car come in and swipe the screen in a straight line… Maybe have a nice father/son moment as he channels Big Boss for a father/son kamehameha attack. That'd be pretty hype.

Last edited Nov 25, 2012 at 10:49PM EST

Verbose wrote:

This is a very specific thread. Would you prefer to make this into a Smash Bros General thread?

On-topic: Something ridiculous but really fun.

…

1. Sorry, but I don't know how to change the section.
2. LOL that would be awesome. That thing would have to be rare as heck, though (as in "so-rare-it-only-appears-once-every-2-minutes-or-so-when-it's-the-only-item-on-and-items-are-on-high" rare).

It's OK, Sealeo. I have powers and stuff. I fix'd it.

I'd like to feature it, but I want to see if it actually has enough interest first. There are a lot of KYM Generals about, and a lot of other threads could merit a feature on activity/interest than this based on potential.

Time to go see if there has been any SSB4 news in the past months…

Okay, all I found so far is that Sakurei is limiting how many non-nintendo cameos are going to be in the next one. He also essentially said that he wants the systems controller to actually be used by everyone this time around (instead of everyone jumping straight to the GC Controller).

He also says that introducing more gimmicks will overall only detract from the overall experience, so I assume we won't be getting too darasitc gameplay changes.

Last edited Nov 25, 2012 at 11:18PM EST

Verbose wrote:

It's OK, Sealeo. I have powers and stuff. I fix'd it.

I'd like to feature it, but I want to see if it actually has enough interest first. There are a lot of KYM Generals about, and a lot of other threads could merit a feature on activity/interest than this based on potential.

Thnx.

I'm really nervous about what the character roster is going to look like for "4". I heard before that Saukari wanted less characters than Brawl, and that leaves less to believe in what is possible. One thing that I want to see, though its highly unlikely, is for Ice Climbers to be replaced with Plusle and Minun like it was originally supposed to be for Brawl. But considering that we're already in Generation V and their Generation III, that's really not going to work.

>Implying Pulse and Minun would have been replacement characters.
Haha, no.

And Sakurai's concern is a perfectly legitimate one. If you just keep adding more and more you will eventually hit a content ceiling, so I would prefer a smaller more solid set of characters over a super-large set of copycat and tough to use gimmicky characters.

A hope of mine for the next Smash Bros since they've said it'll be for 3DS and Wii U will be that it's a cross-buy title, taking a leaf out of All-Star's book (heh, that'd be a nice change). It'd be kinda weird to have to buy the same guy twice.

Related to crazy ideas, make this happen! -

(with every level, like in All-Stars, being a mash-up between a PlayStation franchise and a Nintendo one of course)

+1 if you want Luigi's side special to change from Green Missle to Electrohand from Superstar Saga.
-1 if you don't want Luigi' Side Special to change, or you want it to change to something else.
Please?

As long as I can annoy people as a fucking yellow ass mouse on steroids with lightning cheeks then everything will be alright. Am I an awful person yet?

Don't double/triple post, Sealeo. It's against the rules. If the thread is dying, then let it die. (And don't make another one.)

Anyway, I've always liked the concept of an 8-bit Mega Man. However, I think it would be hard to come up with enough variety that stays true with his sprite unless you use robot master obtained powers.

But that would be pretty cool. His Final Smash could be stopping time (via Flash Man). However, that might make him a bit overpowered.

(Somehow, I can't quote you, Verbose. :/)
Well, my idea for Megaman is to be able to switch which version of him you play as. Meaning, you could play as Geo Stelar one minute, and Megaman X the next, then Classic Megaman right after, then break a Smash Ball with OVER-2, then use Megaman Volnutt's Final Smash.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!