Forums / Discussion / General

233,035 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Post your favorite alcoholic beverage: alcohol general

Last posted Apr 06, 2013 at 02:52PM EDT. Added Mar 12, 2013 at 11:33PM EDT
67 posts from 28 users

I'm pretty sure a good amount of members are over 21 ( or are at least bad kids). Lets try to keep this at least somewhat serious, k? This isn't a joke thread.

Anyways , post your favorite drinks, post cocktail recipes, post stories, just post whatever you want as long as its relevant.

I'll start off.

Hands down, my favorite drink is a vodka tonic. Though I also like straight vodka on the rocks. I'll tell you one thing…

It'll get you drunk!

I enjoy beer. Dark like my soul. My three faves:

As far as mixed drinks, I'm partial to karpalovodka or vodka and cranberry juice.

Last edited Mar 12, 2013 at 11:47PM EDT

Highschool killed beer for me, then again, I would be drinking bud light and cheap shit, the stuff highschool kids get for parties and what not. The local brews can be pretty good. Still prefer hard liquor over it though.

Any love for this?

Last edited Mar 12, 2013 at 11:54PM EDT

I'm just a little young to be drinking, and I don't have a huge taste for alcohol yet, but I do enjoy the taste of a few beverages:

Had Third Shift for the first time over the weekend, and I gotta say, I was pretty impressed with it.

Abita Andygator is definitely my favorite beer. Not that I drink a whole lot, but of all the drinks I've had, I probably enjoyed Andygator the most.

My favorite beverage of all time, though?

Mead. I love honey, and I love having a very hands-on hobby, so I took up brewing not too long ago. Making mead is a lot of fun and can be very relaxing, not to mention I enjoy the product itself. I could just drink the must straight out of the pot, honestly.

If anyone's interested, I've got a jug fermenting back home, and I'd love to hear some recipies for the future if anybody else makes their own booze.

Aside from not liking beer, I'm not very fussy over alcohol and will drink most things. Whisky, Rum, Tequila, Wine, Port, Absinthe…you name it, just give me the shot glass and down it goes. But I find that Bourbon and Vodka are my particular favorites and I tend to get that for parties most of the time. I have a sweet tooth and there are some varieties of Bourbon and Vodka with a nice smooth flavor, not too bitter.

Brand? Any brand, I don't care. Real alcoholics don't question where it came from, they just drink it!

Only two brands stand out to me:

Jager, great for every occasion and transportable into any club.

JD's, for when you want to say "This party is serious business"

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT

@bsod

It seems like you and me have similar tastes, that is, I don't like beer, but just about anything else goes. Beer just gives me horrible hangovers where my stomach feels terrible, plus it's a lot of calories.

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 12:47AM EDT

I like feminine drinks… Malibu + Crannberry Juice tastes delicious.
But I am very hard for tequila and Vodka too…
Beer tastes like crap but for some reason I love it from time to time, with lime and salt. Or when I am extremely thirsty.

I'm not too picky in my alcohol, besidest that I'm not a great fan of Whiskey. On the topic of beers, you can call me for some Heineken or Hertog Jan any time. But if the place serves a different brand, I will drink it anyways (besides some). Great for shots and great in combination with cola is a good old Fireman. But like beer, anything goes there.

Last edited Mar 13, 2013 at 02:11PM EDT

@mack

Can't say that I have, might give it a try though. About moving it to general, I agree. I didn't know if this thread would work or not, so I put it in Jff, but it seems like its going pretty good.

@leox

I personally don't like "feminine" drinks much besides piña colada, but it pisses me off when guys make fun of other guys who aren't drinking either beer or whiskey. Who cares what you are drinking? Drink whatever pussy ass fruity drink you want. Jk. Seriously though, what's feminine about drink? As long as it doesn't come with a free tampon on the side, I say anyone can drink it judgement free.

Last edited Mar 14, 2013 at 02:06AM EDT

Dac wrote:

@mack

Can't say that I have, might give it a try though. About moving it to general, I agree. I didn't know if this thread would work or not, so I put it in Jff, but it seems like its going pretty good.

@leox

I personally don't like "feminine" drinks much besides piña colada, but it pisses me off when guys make fun of other guys who aren't drinking either beer or whiskey. Who cares what you are drinking? Drink whatever pussy ass fruity drink you want. Jk. Seriously though, what's feminine about drink? As long as it doesn't come with a free tampon on the side, I say anyone can drink it judgement free.

After I drink my feminine drinks, I take a shot of this:

Mack TheUnoriginal wrote:

Another beer I've meant to try out sometime but never gotten around to:

Has anybody here ever had Old Rasputin? If so what did you think?

Also, mods, could I ask for a move to General?

I've had this. It's quite good, so go for it. It's a bit on the expensive side though, as I recall.

Teh Brawler wrote:

First off, can't go wrong with a Blue Moon:

Probably my favorite beer. My dad got me on them.

In regards to stronger drinks:

Yes, I do drink it straight. I actually like the taste.

Such a freaking nice Tequila bottle, I bet it really tastes good.

Edit: how do I english?

Last edited Mar 14, 2013 at 02:06PM EDT

Teh Brawler wrote:

It really does. It's also rather expensive.

As more fancy a liquor bottle is, the more expensive it is. And that bottle looks really fancy indeed.

It may also depend of the type of liquor and region obviously.

For example here in Costa Rica rum and beer is rather cheap.

Last edited Mar 14, 2013 at 02:12PM EDT

The only downside about this, is that IT CAN'T BE BROKEN, the description says it, the kill icon, there's even a broken model, but just lies, other than that, it's much better than an unnamed beer.

Im not much of a drinker myself, and nor do I prefer a brand, doesn't help that im strapped for cash nowadays and that my mates are mincy faggots when it comes to it

But when I do drink, it'll be lager, and a lot of it, a hell of a lot, gotta show them kiddo's what not to become when they're older you see

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

107 more days till I can legally drink and see what all this fuss is about.

Legal age for beer is 16. For stronger liquor you have to be 18. I've been drinking legally for years now.

Mack wrote:

Also, mods, could I ask for a move to General?

That can be taken care off.

This beer is the beer they would serve in my personal hell…

I hate naty ice. My god do I hate it.

Anyways, The game Catherine(by atlus) is pretty neat, because each time you finish a drink it gives you some facts about it. Like how prohibition in the USA helped start the cocktail culture since people were mixing the moonshine with everything to get rid of the taste. It's a cool feature I think.

So guys, what kind of drinking games do you play?

My friends usually use a pack of cards. There's a ton of drinking games you can do with one of those. Our favorite is Circle of Death. In fact any card game can be improvised into a drinking game

We also try things like drinking songs where you drink when you hear certain words or themes. EG: Roxanne

And whatever random arbitrary rules we make up EG: Play GTA and drink every time you damage your car. You also have to drink while playing so while you drink you tend to crash more, then drink more, then crash more, then drink more…

Cite wrote:

I can't drink.

What?!? Stop the presses?
This just might be the most important post of our times! CITE CAN'T DRINK!!!
Haha, seriously though, it's fine that you can't drink, but do you really need to post that? That's like going to the pony thread and saying " I don't watch ponies".

Dac wrote:

What?!? Stop the presses?
This just might be the most important post of our times! CITE CAN'T DRINK!!!
Haha, seriously though, it's fine that you can't drink, but do you really need to post that? That's like going to the pony thread and saying " I don't watch ponies".

I'm not even going to start.

Last edited Mar 16, 2013 at 02:59PM EDT

Personally, I thought it was clear I was just teasing. Sorry I guess. I don't see how it's any different from when you do if to the OP of a thread you don't like though. But fine I'm sorry. Forget I posted that

@bsod
Anyways, to answer bsod, it depends where I'm drinking. I might play beer pong or if I'm drinking at my or a friends house, I'll play racing games. Besides that, I don't play many drinking games.

Another thing, I love how fandoms always make themed drinks. They can be pretty creative.
This sounds pretty good, and its based on one of my favorite fighting characters.

Taokaka (BlazBlue cocktail)

Ingredients:
20 ml Malibu Black
20 ml Kahlua
Milk
Tapioca pearls/Boba
Link for picture of it

Last edited Mar 16, 2013 at 04:20PM EDT

Taryn wrote:

Lock this thread. It is not appropriate for KnowYourMeme's thirteen year old target audience.

>mfw people don't understand when Taryn's joking.

Anyone in this thread ever had Crown Royale?

I'm not too picky, so other than that all I have to contribute is that I once injected five whole marijuanas…

Fifths wrote:

Only for a few months back in the summer of 2011. I lived in Galway on the western coast.

That's cool, I did the same thing but in Paris. Stayed there for half a year in 2010. I would have loved to visit Ireland.

@mdf

Ivan said it was one of his favorites I'm pretty sure. Yeah, crown royal is good.

@gask mask
It goes without saying, but that shit will kill you dead.

Last edited Mar 16, 2013 at 11:33PM EDT

MDFification wrote:

>mfw people don't understand when Taryn's joking.

Anyone in this thread ever had Crown Royale?

I'm not too picky, so other than that all I have to contribute is that I once injected five whole marijuanas…

Yeah, I drink Crown Royale. Fantastic stuff. Unlike some of the other, cheaper stuff that just feels like liquid fire.

Last edited Mar 16, 2013 at 11:34PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!