Forums / Discussion / General

233,007 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

LulzSec hacks Encyclopedia Dramatica

Last posted Jun 03, 2013 at 10:24AM EDT. Added Jun 01, 2013 at 09:04AM EDT
16 posts from 11 users

MDFification wrote:

Isn't ED dead?

The original "encyclopediadramatica.com" domain is dead. Someone else hosts it at "encyclopediadramatica.se" now.

Well I'm not going to complain. We certainly haven't lost anything of value. I'll just assume LulzSec loathes ED as much as I do…

But still, that's a really weird target and I wonder why they would go after this and not something…more important. What does ED have to do with anything aside from giving angry brooding teens something to masturHATE over? Pretty sure being just another pimple on the hairy ass of the internet isn't enough to draw the ire of LulzSec

Was ED the base for some more insidious dealings that we didn't know about? (I.E: Were they distributing viruses like the diseased filth they are?) Which lulzSec sought reason to remedy?

Or was LulzSec deliberately hoping to spread news of their ominous presence, by targeting something that would easily get people's attention…without posing much risk to themselves in return?

Last edited Jun 01, 2013 at 09:37AM EDT

I was just using ED for entry research. Sigh, time to give up on the entry again. But the question is, what are they trying to achieve by doing this? Is this part of another operation? Why can't these hackers just calm down, I get tired of seeing pointless hacks like this.

zaiger wrote:

Lulzsec doesn't exist anymore. It was a joke, we are doing some maintenance on our load balancer (yes chanarchive is on the same lb) and threw that hacked page up to rustle some jimmies.Seems like it worked.

Well I never used that site anyway

Bat Pug wrote:

Is lulzsec a single group or just groups of anonymous hackers?

LulzSec was a group that went on a jaunt of attacks on websites for about 50 days in the middle of 2011. It was an interesting ride, alright; you never really knew who they were gonna hit next. Looking back, it kind of reminds me of Bonnie and Clyde, especially since a few of them are in jail.

Anyway, since then there have been a few stories of a comeback, but I'm not sure if anything really materialized.

Fridge wrote:

LulzSec was a group that went on a jaunt of attacks on websites for about 50 days in the middle of 2011. It was an interesting ride, alright; you never really knew who they were gonna hit next. Looking back, it kind of reminds me of Bonnie and Clyde, especially since a few of them are in jail.

Anyway, since then there have been a few stories of a comeback, but I'm not sure if anything really materialized.

I thought they got arrested; so that doesn't make sense.

Bat Pug wrote:

I thought they got arrested; so that doesn't make sense.

Some of them did, however, anyone can act under the name. It is as Topiary, one of the more famous members of the group, said on his Twitter page shortly before his capture: "You cannot arrest an idea."

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!