Forums / Discussion / General

232,908 total conversations in 7,789 threads

+ New Thread

10 YEARS OF JAIL OVER RUNESCAPE

Last posted Jul 17, 2013 at 09:13PM EDT. Added Jul 15, 2013 at 11:35AM EDT
11 posts from 11 users

People still play this game???

On a serious note. I think our modern culture takes things WAAAY too seriously. I mean, imagine if someone said in public "I'm going to kill you", not as a threat, but to express frustration or importance (i.e. "I'll kill you if you don't return this once you're done", etc.). We wouldn't call the police to report a possible murder, and we should treat this as the same.

In addition to that, think about this. 10 years minimal for a threat (for the sake argument, lets say he meant what he said). That's 10 years for not even executing a crime, in prison. Not a mental correctional facility or county jail or whatever, prison. Why bother waiting 10 years to make him a resentful hardened criminal? Lets just tattoo, drug him up, and rape him right now so we don't have to use taxpayers money to house him.

Seriously though, 10 years in prison for a comment on Runescape (I image the officials heads would explode if they heard comments from MW or Halo). What is the DA hoping that will resolve exactly???

Last edited Jul 15, 2013 at 12:41PM EDT

Really, even though I don't really enjoy getting trash talked over a multiplayer game, I still know what it is. Trash Talk.

Not the most flattering aspect of the gaming community and why I avoid online gaming, but 10 years… that's just stupid.

Hmmm I can't find too many sources on this.

Here's the most relevant one according to Google

There is mention that he could face 10 years if he pleads guilty. It doesn't say that he has been charged for 10 years already. The case could still be ongoing.

Still, it's crazy.

I don't have much sympathy for the kids house getting raided after saying he would take out a school. That's shit you do not joke about.

But as soon as the Feds arrived, they should have quickly realized the [harmless] situation before deciding a 19 year old should be locked up for 9 months just for trash talking over the internet

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!