Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

Former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi Passes Away

Last posted Sep 23, 2013 at 03:59PM EDT. Added Sep 19, 2013 at 11:28AM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

Source. Hiroshi Yamauchi is the guy who was head of Nintendo before Iwata joined in 2002 and, more importantly, is the reason why Nintendo is currently in the Video Game business today, overseeing Nintendo's conversion to the Video Game Market. Thoughts?

Prior to now I knew very little about this guy, so after reading the article about his backstory… the man was the greatest high expectations dad to ever exist.

"If the DS succeeds, we will rise to heaven, but if it fails we will sink to hell." ~Hiroshi Yamauchi

Quite clearly, the man rose to heaven.

Last edited Sep 19, 2013 at 02:46PM EDT

The man knew that the only way to succeed is to take risks, and knew that taking risks held deep penalties, moving forward in spite of that. When people think of Nintendo executives, they tend to think of the likes of Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata, but never Yamauchi, despite him being the reason Nintendo is like it is today. The man was a visionary, something which many gamers need to recognize Just take a look at the impact he made. One quote by him I like in particular is:

"We cannot guarantee interesting video games just through the use of better technology."

Last edited Sep 19, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

The man knew that the only way to succeed is to take risks, and knew that taking risks held deep penalties, moving forward in spite of that. When people think of Nintendo executives, they tend to think of the likes of Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata, but never Yamauchi, despite him being the reason Nintendo is like it is today. The man was a visionary, something which many gamers need to recognize Just take a look at the impact he made. One quote by him I like in particular is:

"We cannot guarantee interesting video games just through the use of better technology."

The kind of philosophy which has been Nintendo's trademark up to this point and beyond.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!