Forums / Discussion / General

232,916 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

Call of Duty Thread

Last posted Nov 06, 2013 at 02:27PM EST. Added Oct 31, 2013 at 12:53AM EDT
23 posts from 15 users

CoD is just the same thing over and over again. Can't they make something better?
And no, i'm not a hater. I'm not like some people that say CoD sucks but they don't even know what it is because they think it's going to get them upkrama.

I heard they made some interesting changes to multiplayer for ghosts (allowing you to customize your character, destroy very large portions of maps, pick 10 is pick 12 now and works differently, ect) but I didn't know about Extinction mode. That looks awesome.

blue wrote:

CoD is just the same thing over and over again. Can't they make something better?
And no, i'm not a hater. I'm not like some people that say CoD sucks but they don't even know what it is because they think it's going to get them upkrama.

I know, but Ghosts really caught my attention. For once, Infinity really tried something new. Treyarch also tries new stuff but it's mostly on the Story and Setting.

Aliens?

Nothing can surpass the Zombies mode for me. I enjoy it too much. Extinction looks kind of alright but not as uniquely executed as Zombies. Like really, who introduces a American Marine, an Imperial Japanese Warrior, a drunk Russian and a Nazi Scientist all together in a game about surviving zombies? Also, the Nazi Scientist takes control over the zombies after a 10 year old German girl that was previously controlling them?
What kind of awesome sauce is this?

I really like the Zombies mode.
It is so strange how the story is executed and it is all told to you optionally. You can just not care about the timeline and just kill the undead, or see the interesting story it has to tell.

I hope they, Treyarch, continues this mode. It is so intriguing and fun.

If my laptop could run it, I'd like to try Ghosts, but the graphics card isn't good enough…
The last CoD I played was Black Ops 1, on the Wii. Always had a lot of fun with it.

The extinction mode looks pretty cool, don't know if it will be better than zombies though. As Weasel said, zombies had a interesting story, and overall, a nice setting to it. Too bad the Wii only had Kino in Black Ops, though it was a fun map.

My favorite weapon changes a lot for me. But lemme take a moment to talk about this stuff.

This stuff right here never lets me down and I always bring it with me. I love how there's so many ways to use it and how you can pick it right back up if you need to.

and here's a lego shock charge

seeing all the trailers and footage from Ghosts, i can just say one thing.

IT WILL SUCK.

this game adds NOTHING new at all to the series. oh there is new a lean feature? you mean something that all prior CODs except for MW2 and MW3 had???

character customization? like new hats shoes and medals? that's nothing worth telling about!
imagine TF2 will have a serious trailer showing off how hats make the game better…

other than that, all the guns look the same, all killstreaks look the same, bullshit like claymores, flashbangs and noob tube are still there, hell even MW3 looks more innovative than this!

why can't this series go back to being authentic and serious? or why not go back to WWII?

right now all i see is a complete faliure

blue wrote:

>but they don't even know what it is

Top lel, we all know what call of duty is.

Jolly Jew wrote:

seeing all the trailers and footage from Ghosts, i can just say one thing.

IT WILL SUCK.

this game adds NOTHING new at all to the series. oh there is new a lean feature? you mean something that all prior CODs except for MW2 and MW3 had???

character customization? like new hats shoes and medals? that's nothing worth telling about!
imagine TF2 will have a serious trailer showing off how hats make the game better…

other than that, all the guns look the same, all killstreaks look the same, bullshit like claymores, flashbangs and noob tube are still there, hell even MW3 looks more innovative than this!

why can't this series go back to being authentic and serious? or why not go back to WWII?

right now all i see is a complete faliure

The "a lean" feature, which I'm assuming you mean Alien feature , looks solid and a change of pace from zombies. Not all horde modes are equal, so this interests me a lot as a huge fan of the Alien franchise( they look similar to the xenomorphs)

About character customization, that's a pretty big deal. I love customizing my characters, be it rainbow six Vegas, pokemon x, grand theft auto, etc. So yeah, that is certainly something worth telling about. Anyways, about your team fortress comparison, keep in mind their trailers focused on the characters personality and nothing about gameplay( nothing against the trailers, I loved them)

Your complaints about the weapons make little sense. Of course the guns will look the same, an m16 will always be an m16. Also, they can't take out claymores, noobtubes, and flash bangs simply because shitty players can't avoid them.

Don't get me wrong, you are within you rights to hate the game, I'm not a huge fan myself, but none of those complaints are really valid criticisms. Especially since you haven't even played the game.

Dac wrote:

The "a lean" feature, which I'm assuming you mean Alien feature , looks solid and a change of pace from zombies. Not all horde modes are equal, so this interests me a lot as a huge fan of the Alien franchise( they look similar to the xenomorphs)

About character customization, that's a pretty big deal. I love customizing my characters, be it rainbow six Vegas, pokemon x, grand theft auto, etc. So yeah, that is certainly something worth telling about. Anyways, about your team fortress comparison, keep in mind their trailers focused on the characters personality and nothing about gameplay( nothing against the trailers, I loved them)

Your complaints about the weapons make little sense. Of course the guns will look the same, an m16 will always be an m16. Also, they can't take out claymores, noobtubes, and flash bangs simply because shitty players can't avoid them.

Don't get me wrong, you are within you rights to hate the game, I'm not a huge fan myself, but none of those complaints are really valid criticisms. Especially since you haven't even played the game.

uuugh, i just expressed myself really badly, let me just rephrase my thoughts.

the lean feture rant is not about the aliens, which actually look kinda cool. it's about how in all the trailers they bragged about their amazing new moves your soldier can do!
"you can lean from cover now! so revolutionary!" – except it was done in every CoD game prior to that except for MW2-3
"You can sprint and automatically jump over short obstacles, rad!" – except it could have been done with the same ease just by pressing the jump button. and so on.

character customization is indeed a cool thing, except in the trailers they bragged like it's the game's selling point – new hats and decoration for your classes.
first, it was already done in BO-2
and second, that's not a selling point! it's a little fun tidbit worth talking about only at the end.

my gun complaint does make sense. a new game is supposed to have new weapons and alter their behavior a bit.

but from what i'v seen everything looks idetical to MW3, the exact same guns that none of them have any sagnificant recoil.
evem MW3 have new guns, not this…

and flashbangs and GL's cannot simply be avoided by being 'good' they are very difficult to avoid, they are unpredictlble and they are straight out cheap. there are a lot of servers that ban these.

and instead of changing them to be more fair and less frustrating to deal with they just leave it the same way. oh the inovation.

i hope i made a better point why the new CoD will be a waste of money and time.

Fiddle with my Diddle wrote:

This will always my favorite CoD game

indeed, an absolute masterpiece. i really wish they will release WaW2 and make this series respectble again…

there are so many fronts that weren't covered, especially the Russians Vs. imperial japs and the British invasion to italy

Jolly Jew wrote:

indeed, an absolute masterpiece. i really wish they will release WaW2 and make this series respectble again…

there are so many fronts that weren't covered, especially the Russians Vs. imperial japs and the British invasion to italy

Didn't you hear? They released World at War 2 two years ago! It had Zombies, Campaign, and Multiplayer!

Some people are saying that the MSBS is the best gun in ghosts, but I don't really like burst fire weapons. I think I'll stick with my MTAR – X for now.

Anyways I like how you can get access to good weapons early if your willing to save squad points. Some even have built in attachments! Another thing I'm glad they changed is how you actually get blown away when you are killed by an explosion instead of just getting hurled in place like in Blops 2. Also character customization is pretty nice (I want that special forces hat) and how bout that stonehaven? Pretty cool map.

@Chowzburgerz

Those scores don't really surprise me. While I think multiplayer is pretty solid the single player campaign is pretty weak compared to blops 2's imo. But I didn't exactly buy either for single player.

Last edited Nov 06, 2013 at 11:28AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!