Forums / Discussion / General

233,027 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Anyone here live in Indiana/Michigan/Whatever other states are being hit by this giant snow storm?

Last posted Jan 10, 2014 at 10:23PM EST. Added Jan 06, 2014 at 12:10AM EST
25 posts from 21 users

LNH wrote:

Yeah. In MA we had that storm Friday – Saturday. We had around 10 inches of snow.

Yeah, followed by probably the coldest days we've had so far this winter.

Needless to say I stayed inside during this storm

Meanwhile, here in scandinavia..

Seriously, normally during this time of year, we have tons of snow, and at least -15°C temperatures.

Now there's no snow in sight, temperatures are a tad above freezing, and it seems to be raining almost constantly (or at least the humidity is high). The nights are also pretty damn dark when there's no snow to light things up. Not fun when we get only a few hours of daylight during this time of year.

Well, there's still three months of darkest winter remaining, so I'll probably get my share of ice and cold sooner or later. Whether I like it or not.

there's a -24 windchill where I live in Ohio right now. Thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere today but I still wanted to step outside for a moment to see how it felt. The wind made it hard for me to breathe within a few seconds.

Here in Upstate New York, it's currently a very warm 7°F even though it feels colder than that. It hit -14°F over the weekend at one point. This caused the pipes in my apartment to freeze up which resulted in… loads of fun. It's not as bad as a bunch of other places, of course. Those of you in those areas, please stay warm.

xTSGx wrote:

Michigan reporting in.

(I don't actually live in Hell, I live outside of Ypsilanti.)

Geez. That sure looks like a

Living Hell

Up in Buffalo…along with the cold temperatures, we had lake effect snow since it was next to Lake Erie. The snowfall in the southern areas of Buffalo was higher than up north where I live, but the extremely high wind gusts caused whiteout conditions so bad, that I could not go to work today.

Daft Punkjet wrote:

Up in Buffalo…along with the cold temperatures, we had lake effect snow since it was next to Lake Erie. The snowfall in the southern areas of Buffalo was higher than up north where I live, but the extremely high wind gusts caused whiteout conditions so bad, that I could not go to work today.

I used to live in Rochester, hard to think it could get any colder! Some places were hit hard though, boy am I glad I moved a little south near Albany.

Gary wrote:

I used to live in Rochester, hard to think it could get any colder! Some places were hit hard though, boy am I glad I moved a little south near Albany.

I grew up in Rochester! Small world, man.

On a side note, GLORIOUS FLORIDA MASTER RACE.

Here in MI some schools were closed for three days because of all the snow.

Looks like Michigan is…
(Puts on sunglasses)
…too cool for school.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!