Forums / Discussion / General

232,905 total conversations in 7,788 threads

+ New Thread

What's your favorite online game?

Last posted Mar 18, 2014 at 10:50PM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2014 at 02:36PM EDT
25 posts from 23 users

Minecraft aaaaand Mario Kart Wii.

I don't like competitive online multiplayer because I always feel like I am thrown into the middle of a giant pride battle. Mario Kart Wii doesn't support Chat, so I was thankfully able to dodge whatever kicks and screams other players could give me.

I'm gonna be the boring one and say League of Legends.

Yeah, I'm gonna stay a filthy casual for as long as I have to play with 130+ ping.

DOTA 2 would be pretty interesting to try out, but I'm pretty sure I'd just get my ass handed to me again and again. And god forbid if I even tried installing Steam on my craptop. That thing would eat my little 3G modem for snacks.

Battlefield 3 currently, but I haven't done any multiplayer in a while. Once I sign up for PS+ I'll be playing lots of BF4 and NFS Rivals online.

Also, R.I.P. Mario Kart Wii online: 2008 – 2014. I'm sure Mario Kart 8 will be a worthy successor.

I'm not much of a gamer, but I used to play a lot of Battlefield 3. Unfortunately it was on ps3, and I had no mic, so my experience was a lone-wolf hunter. Great time playing it though, met some great players, mastered my M416, and dominated the lands and skies with tanks, jets, and helis. Had some memorible plays, like revenge parachuting knifing an enemy, and going on a kill streak by slaughtering the entire server with my tank. Good times, good times.

Nowadays I sometimes play some Battlefield 1942. Wonderful game for early 2000s. Once in a while Minecraft with my friends, and I like to build my Skyrim-inspired map when I have the time.

Anyone excited for Battlefront DICE?

Last edited Mar 17, 2014 at 06:11PM EDT

MapleStory and Transformice, I could never get into LoL, or team based games in general, mostly because people took it too seriously, I play games for the fun of it, not for sport.

Last edited Mar 17, 2014 at 07:25PM EDT

I played Black Ops and MW1 on the Wii for a long time, which was fun. Not a lot of people had a mic for BO, so I never really had the problem of kids screaming. I haven't played both in months, but want to get back to them sometime. I always found the aiming with the wiimote+nunchuk easier and more accurate than MW2 on the playstation 3 at a friend's house.

Other online games I have are TF2 and Borderlands 2. I haven't played the latter with other people yet, so I can't really tell anything about that one online.
So, at the moment, TF2 is my favourite online game.

Last edited Mar 17, 2014 at 08:25PM EDT

I have a confession. I don't like online games. I'm no good at them and it's not fun for me. It's a shame though, you guys make it sound like fun and it feels like I'm missing out.

Right now I am completely gay for Star Conflict

Because:
A) I like space.
B) I like cool spacecraft.
C) I like flying cool spacecraft into huge epic space fights
D) BARREL ROLLS.
E) LAZAWR BEAMS
F) ROCKET LAWNCHAIRS.
G) EXPLOOOOSIOOOOONS

On top of that I've always been a classic PvP competitive gamer at heart. I play games to kick other peoples asses so I'm more than happy to find a game that looks like E.V.E but takes me straight to the fighting and bothers me with none of the MMORPG business

…and it's free on Steam

Last edited Mar 18, 2014 at 04:54AM EDT

Believe it or not, I still play World of Tanks.

Or I would if I wasn't on such shitty unreliable internet.

So I mostly just play Hearthstone.

I've been playing games my whole life. Mostly single-player action-adventure, rpg kind of things (prime example would be the Fallout series.) I played a few multiplayer games too but I wasn't totally into them; Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mortal Kombat might be the only fighting games I like. It wasn't until college (just 2 years ago) when I played online games. I played a bit of counterstrike with the peeps in school via LAN in a computer shop, it was nice but holy mother of balls the one and only online game I'm playing right now and I'm totally hooked to is Team Fortress 2.

… That was a pretty long answer for such a simple question. Oh well. Aside from that I recently acquired Left 4 Dead 2 as a gift from my dad. I've played it a bit before and I like it lots. Only reason I'm not playing is because my pc's mucking up. I installed the game smoothly but for some reason I always end up back on my desktop right after the intro :/ Sorry if I'm getting off topic but since I recalled how much of a pretty penny this game is, I was wondering if anybody on this thread knows how to deal with this? Either way thanks a plenty.

Disty wrote:

I have a confession. I don't like online games. I'm no good at them and it's not fun for me. It's a shame though, you guys make it sound like fun and it feels like I'm missing out.

I know that feel bro. Like I said before I always feel like I am being thrown into a giant battle of other players prides, and because of those other players the winning condition is so ludicrous you might as well not play. :T

I might just have not found my calling yet, but unless if there is a strong multiplayer game with a strong single player campaign to ease new players in, that ISN'T an MMOWRPG and ISN'T a FPS and ISN'T a Microtransaction Filled Grindfest, THEN I might be able to get into them.

Last edited Mar 18, 2014 at 12:31PM EDT

Hex Empire has eaten most of my online gaming hours. Decent stratgame + randomized maps = endless fun.

My former favourite online game was Tanarus, first-person 3-D tanking. They shut down the server a while ago, but I had already quit when they ended the free beta and started charging for it.

Some of the classics that I used to play, back when options were limited, are still around:

I miss Furious George and the Cross Country Crime Spree. I miss it enough to email the webmaster to ask him to bring it back. We'll see if he responds. That was a fun game that became even funnier when he updated it for the 2004 election with stuff that George W. Bush actually did.

And how can I forget mentioning LORD, BRE/SRE, TW2012, Usurper, and Barney Splat from the BBS era? LORD was my favourite of the bunch, but the add-ons tended to break the game by giving you huge stat bonuses.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!